How to get back to ship from Mykonos Town

Jayhoaps

Hello everyone, I will be headed to Mykonos Town on a Ship Excursion on September 10th and I'm very excited.

I purchased a short walking tour in Mykonos - In the description it says at the end of tour I can stay back in town and head back to ship on my own expense. 

I plan to stay in town after the tour, but my question is how do I head back to the ship? I'm aware there are various options, but can anyone clarify what options I have to get back to the ship? Any help in this manner would greatly give me peace of mind, thanks so much in advance. 

Best Regards. 

Posted (edited)

It will depend if you are at the dock just outside of Mykonos town or anchored where you have to use tenders  If you are anchored and got a tender to Mykonos town then you will go back to the pier in Mykonos town to get on a tender back to the ship. If the ship has docked there are usually shuttles (depending on your cruise line there may be a cost) to go back to the ship or you could get the water taxi from the pier in Mykonos town (at a cost) to the dock where the ship is or walk. The walk is a fair way and it may be hot. Your itinerary should show whether you are docking or tendering.

Edited by PurpleTraveller
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If your ship is tendering, then you go to the pier at the old port area and join the line for the tender.  If your ship is docked at the new port area then you go to the pier at the old port area and take the water taxi back to the ship.

It is just the opposite of how you got ashore.

• Like 2

As @VMax1700's post.

Except that "water taxi" sounds expensive - it isn't 🙂

It's more of a "water bus".

BTW. keep an eye out fort Petros in the harbour area.

If that means nothing to you, google "Petros, Mykonos"

JB 🙂

• Like 1

17 hours ago, John Bull said:

As @VMax1700's post.

Except that "water taxi" sounds expensive - it isn't 🙂

It's more of a "water bus".

BTW. keep an eye out fort Petros in the harbour area.

If that means nothing to you, google "Petros, Mykonos"

JB 🙂

Petros is quite the character. Last time we saw him near the windmills. 

• Like 2

Thanks every for The replies....

It says the following on the description of my excursion 

At the end of the guided tour, feel free to stay in town and return to Tourlos Port with the shuttle at your own expense."

Is this Tourlos Port the old port in which I tender back to the ship? Thanks in advance. Best Regards.

32 minutes ago, Jayhoaps said:

Thanks every for The replies....

It says the following on the description of my excursion 

At the end of the guided tour, feel free to stay in town and return to Tourlos Port with the shuttle at your own expense."

Is this Tourlos Port the old port in which I tender back to the ship? Thanks in advance. Best Regards.

The Tourlos Port is the new port with docking facilities for cruise ships. It sounds like the cruise company has a shuttle between the port and Mykonos town at a cost. 

As previously stated there is also the water taxi/seabus which is inexpensive (€2.00 each way the last time I used it).

https://www.mykonos-seabus.gr/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PurpleTraveller said:

The Tourlos Port is the new port with docking facilities for cruise ships. It sounds like the cruise company has a shuttle between the port and Mykonos town at a cost. 

As previously stated there is also the water taxi/seabus which is inexpensive (€2.00 each way the last time I used it).

https://www.mykonos-seabus.gr/

Thanks so much for The info, this was of big help at this time. Thanks again.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Which cruise line are you booked with ?  They determine their tendering / docking arrangements and costs and it can vary by time of year and whether you have a cruise line booked excursion or not.

In April on MSC we tendered to new port and took the public water bus to old town and back, 2€ each way,  MSC private water bus was 4€ each way.  There was just Mein Schiff at dock.

In August again on MSC we had island excursion booked, so priority tender to new port and boarded coach, after tour coach dropped us at old town.  Excursion voucher gave us free return on water bus to new port and and priority tender to ship.  There were four other large cruise ships at anchor. 

MSC also automatically delivered priority tender tickets to our cabin the night before, with no need to queue up, since we have diamond status, although they weren't need. 

• 2 weeks later...