Wardrobe space on Queen Anne inside cabin.

Lanky Lad

I'm sure you'll find a way.

You'll have noted that some of the wardrobes in those videos have a lower rail to let you hang stuff at two levels.

For those that don't; you could take a bundle of pieces of sturdy string cut to about 1.5 metres and ask your cabin steward for some ordinary hangers, then tie one end of string to high rail and make a loop at bottom to catch a hanger through.

Or you might find something for that purpose with hooks either end on some online shopping sites.

• Thanks 1

I found it in a Britannia balcony to be lacking. No drawers under the bed and two tiny bedside cabinet drawers werent the best.

Worse IMHO were the coat hooks on the wall - they were not hooks but modern round knobs that one couldn't hang (like QV/QE) a hat, 2 coats, bag and umbrella. It was one coat and that was it. Style over substance.

My partner and i managed to fit both our tuxedos and alternative suit and 14 days worth of clothes bit it was a lot of arranging and rearranging 

• Thanks 2

QA Balcony Club cabins are identical to Balconies, just in better postions.  We were in BC.  Storage was abysmal. 

Having done a world cruise on QM2 I cant imagine where luggage for such a voyage would go on QA.   

I agree about the impractically of the wall hooks, the configuration of the hanging rails, and the uselessness of the bedside stands.  Being short I found some rails and shelves difficult to reach.  We measured the inside width of the wardrobe next to the bed.  It is 9 inches.  The rail takes a couple of jackets and one pair of mens shoes (side by side) fits across the floor.  My husband is reasonably slim and his jackets and shirts could hang properly in the main wardrobes but I did hear of one large gentleman who found the depth of the wardrobes insufficient to hang wider garments.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Lanky Lad said:

I have been watching some videos of Queen Anne inside cabins and the wardrobes look tiny. I am wondering if I need to reduce the number of suits I take. 

For a solo passenger I’d say it’s no problem, for a couple we made it work.

Planning for our world voyage I’ll dedicate a wardrobe to suits, and half of one to t-shirts, shorts, etc and keep the rest in a suitcase and rotate them out every week or so (washing them periodically of course)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

There is no doubt the lack of provided storage in an internal cabin on Queen Anne requires some clever work arounds. (Yes I agree you shouldn’t have to and it’s a pain). 

What we did. 

Moved the bath robes to the hooks behind the bathroom door. 

Used our suitcases under the bed for occasional use stuff. 

Used foldable hangers and magnetic hooks. 

Used the shelf above the ‘desk’ for stuff like shoes/bags/life jackets. 

Put additional hangers on the wardrobe knobs.  

However it’s far from satisfactory. We will be using the other Queens from now on. 

They’ve made a big mistake. Shame. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4