MDR Serving Staff

Veinless

35 minutes ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

The Maitra D on the Pride had a great voice (this was in 2018 - I think his name was Ken?)

Our head server on the Horizon made it a point to us that she would be singing one night, and told all her tables we weren't allowed to miss dinner that night. Or leave early. (Same one who danced with the kids).

Ken has been around for years, and sometimes they even let him do a show in the theater. But there are other singing maitre D's and waiters.

I posted this some 17 years ago 

Edited by BlerkOne
  • Like 3

If you ever watch Mighty Cruise Ships on Smithsonian channel, there is one on Carnival Vista and you will see Ken on it.  I’ve sailed with him on Splendor, Dream, and Pride.  He usually brings out the new ships, but as quick as he can he gets back to a Spirit class ship.  EM

7 hours ago, Diamond-56-Plus said:

I usually avoid it as well. Even known to skip desert if the timing is getting too close.

an army of two. Cut off your nose to spite your face? Me thinks you are greatly outnumbered. The fun shall remain on the Funships.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I don't care for it but I also have seen it many times.  I always try to put myself in the shoes of a new cruiser.  I think for the most part, they'll love the shows...........and towel animals every day and the CD that seemingly has the abilty to be everywhere at one time, and the "friendly" photographers, and art shows and the "discounts" in the spa.   It's all part of it.......now there are so many things we either skip or simply tolerate.

I'll usually talk to the waiter about dessert delivey earlier in the meal.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It would make sense for some wait staff to like it, love it or hate it;  just like us non MDR staff humans.  We all know peeps who’ll bust out singing & dancing unprovoked and those who would rather lay on a bed of nails. And many in betweens. Hopefully, they get a choice in the singing & dancing portion during their shift. Gosh, I’d think so… 

It’s not our favorite personally, but it’s been really good some times and also, oh my goodness - that poor girl can’t sing. lol  It’s only 5 minutes, if guests like it or love it, good for them. Everything changes, this will change or be gone sometime or another as well

Edited by silvercrikhix

20 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Ken has been around for years, and sometimes they even let him do a show in the theater. But there are other singing maitre D's and waiters.

I posted this some 17 years ago 

There are, but none like Ken.