Pier - Is it true?

duskview

I read in one of the threads today that the Cozumel pier is now open? That would be great, no tenders.

Can someone confirm if the pier is now operational or is this a rumor?

I'll be there next Wednesday.

I also saw a thread on this Cozumel Port of Call thread entitled, "RCCL Jewel to Dock Today". It included a picture of the Jewel at the dock. It sounds like there is only room for one ship at a time but I would also like to know since I'll be there in 4 llllooonnnnggg months.

I am docked at the southern pier in Cozumel as I write this. I am on the Radiance of the Seas. There are two other ships nearby, the Rhapsody of the Seas and the Carnival Conquest. The Rhapsody had to be tendered. I can't tell if the Conquest had to be tendered or not since it is at the pier nearest the city and we are to the south. Beautiful day here. Spent the day at Playa Mia. You can tell they are recovering from the hurricane. Lots of construction going on.

I guess it's the luck of the draw if you are tendered or not.

Dave

Will be in Cozumel Apr 20 and was wondering, if there is going to be three ships in port on this day, which ship gets to use the dock and which ones will have to tender.

I wonder if the biggest ship uses the dock and every other ship tenders or perhaps it is the first ship to reach Cozumel?

If somebody knows, could you please let me know. Keeping my fingers crossed that we will be the ones who get to dock.

I am docked at the southern pier in Cozumel as I write this. I am on the Radiance of the Seas. There are two other ships nearby' date=' the Rhapsody of the Seas and the Carnival Conquest. The Rhapsody had to be tendered. I can't tell if the Conquest had to be tendered or not since it is at the pier nearest the city and we are to the south. Beautiful day here. Spent the day at Playa Mia. You can tell they are recovering from the hurricane. Lots of construction going on.

Dave[/quote']

Dave- another tarheel doing the EXACT trip on the 16th- how is every little thing??? POST when you get back!!:D

Will be in Cozumel Apr 20 and was wondering, if there is going to be three ships in port on this day, which ship gets to use the dock and which ones will have to tender.

I wonder if the biggest ship uses the dock and every other ship tenders or perhaps it is the first ship to reach Cozumel?

If somebody knows, could you please let me know. Keeping my fingers crossed that we will be the ones who get to dock.

My guess it will be the biggest Royal Caribbean/Celebrity ship that is there that day since that is who used the International Pier before Wilma.

Hello CozSally!

I can't remember the name of the pier that I docked at last March when I came in on the Carnival Miracle. Can you tell me the name?

The store "Rocks & Rags" was right there as I got off the ship. (BTW, Thanks for recomending it. I LOVE that store:-)

Thanks for your help.

See ya,

Island Annie<----trying to get her bearings for her next trip to Coz.

Hello CozSally!

I can't remember the name of the pier that I docked at last March when I came in on the Carnival Miracle. Can you tell me the name?

The store "Rocks & Rags" was right there as I got off the ship. (BTW, Thanks for recomending it. I LOVE that store:-)

Thanks for your help.

See ya,

Island Annie<----Just trying to get her bearings for her next trip to Coz.

Hello CozSally!

Thanks for your help.

See ya,

Island Annie<----Just trying to get her bearings for her next trip to Coz.

Miracle pulls up to Puerta Maya.

I am docked at the southern pier in Cozumel as I write this. I am on the Radiance of the Seas. There are two other ships nearby' date=' the Rhapsody of the Seas and the Carnival Conquest. The Rhapsody had to be tendered. I can't tell if the Conquest had to be tendered or not since it is at the pier nearest the city and we are to the south. Beautiful day here. Spent the day at Playa Mia. You can tell they are recovering from the hurricane. Lots of construction going on.

Dave[/quote']

This is off topic but, Dave, please post when you return. I'd love to hear your opinion of Playa Mia.

Have a great cruise!

Blueice - you're in Cozumel on the 20th? So are we. What ship are you coming in on? We're on the Navigator. I looked at Cruisecal and they show 3 ships in Cozumel that day, the Navigator, the Grandeur and the Ecstacy.

If that one docking space is 1st come, 1st served, the Navigator will be tendering! We get there last!

Blueice - you're in Cozumel on the 20th? So are we. What ship are you coming in on? We're on the Navigator. I looked at Cruisecal and they show 3 ships in Cozumel that day, the Navigator, the Grandeur and the Ecstacy.

If that one docking space is 1st come, 1st served, the Navigator will be tendering! We get there last!

Well, it´s not exactly first come, first serve. The Grandeur tendered into downtown this week, while the Navigator docked. Carnival Corp. ships will not be using the TMM pier anytime soon if ever. So, you will have the advantage!

As of last week (we were there on 4/12) only one ship is currently able to dock in Cozumel and that is at the International pier - we were on the RCCL Legend of the Seas and we were that lucky ship on that day. All others are tendered.

We were there on the Century on 4-13. We were informed by the Cruise Director at the Wednesday night show that we'd be docking, but weren't told how they choose which ship gets to dock each day. We thought perhaps it was size, with the smallest ship winning....the repaired portion of the dock isn't that big. Judging by the two men with trowels and a 5-gallon bucket and a wheelbarrow to carry the cement, it could take some time to finish the project.

Actually, I believe that it is the smallest RCCL or Celebrity ship that gets to dock there. When we were there last Thursday there were 7 ships in port. We tendered on the Grand Princess as did two Carnival ships, the NCL Sun, the Voyager of the Seas and one other ship. I believe the Century docked.

I think its going to be quite a while before the other piers are rebuilt. It doesn't look like they have even started the pier at Puerta Maya.

Just got back from the Rhapsody. We were the lucky ship that got to dock on Friday, 4/14. Mariner was already anchored and had to tender in. I guess it's not first-come first-docked!

Hey Tigger!

Welcome back to California. Where were you at the Meet & Mingle Party? We missed you, we finally got to match the faces with the names.:)

Archived