Any experience with 1A guarantees?

goodml

We're considering doing a summer cruise and since we're normally November or December cruisers the summer ones are obviously a lot higher priced. So we're thinking of totally cheaping out and booking two cabins with category 1A guarantees. We've always booked guarantees for our Carnival cruises - don't care a bit about location and we're not even that particular about cabin type. We've had insides, outsides and balconies and don't have a problem with going to back to inside. I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience with booking the 1A guarantee and what the outcome was? Thanks.

Have booked 3 1A's. First 2 times was upgraded to a 4A and a 4C. Last time got a 1A on a higher deck on the Inspiration. It was fine for me. I traveled as a single and the 1A had more floor space since it had the same sq.ft. IF you don't mind where your cabin is or you don't mind bunks then go for it! Traveling as a single it is usually cheaper for me!

Becky

I've only booked a 1A once. I was trying to go as cheap as possible on that mid-July trip. It was a surprise trip for my daughter and we had just cruised four months earlier. We were upgraded from a 1A to a 4C.

Our Carnival PVP booked 4 cabins for our family reunion in 1A to save us money with her knowledge that the bunk rooms were already commited and we would be upgraded. Sure enough, we all got 4A. If you booked directly with CCL (an obvious advantage), your PVP should have a sense about a potential upgrade

We're considering doing a summer cruise and since we're normally November or December cruisers the summer ones are obviously a lot higher priced. So we're thinking of totally cheaping out and booking two cabins with category 1A guarantees. We've always booked guarantees for our Carnival cruises - don't care a bit about location and we're not even that particular about cabin type. We've had insides, outsides and balconies and don't have a problem with going to back to inside. I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience with booking the 1A guarantee and what the outcome was? Thanks.

Read my thread on a Cat. 1a cabin on the Conquest Class ships, this one is Cabin 2465 on the Valor. Very nice cabin with two big Windows and a big bed, this is the link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=321859

Fred

I do a 1A guarantee most of the time as long as it is available. The best so far was to go from a 1A to a Cat 5A. I travel by myself so any cabin is good, not in there that long anyway.

Read my thread on a Cat. 1a cabin on the Conquest Class ships, this one is Cabin 2465 on the Valor. Very nice cabin with two big Windows and a big bed, this is the link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=321859

Fred

Thanks for the link Fred. I read that on Victory the ones to look for are 2445 and something else (I forget) and 2445 is actually available on our sailing but the PVP says it's definitely one upper and one lower. She found me a couple of cabins with two lowers but none with beds that will go together. No biggie but I would love to hear from someone who has stayed in 2445 on Victory to know for sure. Anyway, we're gamblers and so I think we've decided to roll the dice and take two 1A guaranteed cabins for the four of us. It'll be fun to see where we end up.

Had a 1A on the Inspiration (group tour and price was too high for what it was - but what did I know at the time...), but it was a gracious plenty room for one and would do it again (but not at what I paid before).

• 3 weeks later...

I have one more question on this 1A guarantee thing. I know that singles love the 1A's and often book a selected cabin. What I'm wondering is, for any of you that have booked a 1A guarantee, did you ever actually receive a 1A?

Edited: Sorry I just reread this thread and saw that coach did receive a 1A.

• 1 month later...

Archived