Freedom on The Today Show!!!

Also watched the "Freedom" on NBC Today Show and it was very interesting and enjoyable.Beautiful Ship! I think the "Wave Pool" will be a big success! Looking forward to sailing on her. Have sailed on all the "Voyager Class Ships" and loved them. Ike

Katie is always like that...giggly. That is part of her personality. She is like that everyday on the today show unless she is doing a more serious interview. I don't see what was so serious about today on Freedom. It was a fun occassion and if they were serious the whole time, it would have bored me. But those who don't like Katie are obviously in the minority. Since she is paid more than 20 million a year, someone likes her. And CBS will be paying her the same for 30 minutes on camera a day. Not bad for a 30 minute day.

I am so jealous! I didn't get to see any of it as I'm at work. Is she as beautiful as her pictures??? I'm sailing on her in October (Halloween cruise) and just can't wait! :D

Lynda B.

Houston

Yes, ...Natalie Morales is just as beautiful as her pictures. And if indeed you are sailing on her, then I am very jealous, too.;) Not that there's anything wrong with that, Linda.

2007 we plan to sail the new Celebrity ship to the S Pacific & Australia/New Zealand from Honolulu. But it will be some other ship I bet. Wish RCCL was doing it with Freedom in 2007 instead of E Carib.

A bit of advice for you, Brenda. Leave the black light at home this time. Perhaps they will treat you more famously;)

Phil

IMO i thought katie and matt should've taken the christening more serious...her jumping in his arms & wrapping her leg around matt was silly and out of place to me. i didnt mind their antics during other times but that took the cake. :rolleyes:

I recorded the whole taping and I watched it again through the whole thing. Katie and Matt always act silly because I guess it's their personality. I mean, if they didn't act silly then no one would watch it.

I enjoyed watching the flowrider the most. She would always fall lol. That will probably be me on the flowrider (falling all over). I climbed the rock climbing wall before on Explorer of the Seas and I got half up and skinned my knee. The guy kept on yelling to keep on going. That's why I never wantted to try the rock wall again. But, I might try it. It was sorta funny when they were pressing the ships horn. Katie was like "Can I press it again?". Although, I couldn't even hear the ship's horn that loud. Probably because they were inside.

Then, I saw the food section were a cook was cooking some crabs or something like that. I couldn't figure out where they were when they were cooking that stuff. I thought by the pool deck. Well, anyway there were a lot of commercials but I fast fowarded them out. It was a good show and I have it all recorded. ;)

I screwed up the taping so I did not get to watch. I would have really enjoyed it because I could have fast forwarded through the commercials. Great reading all your comments and the 2 minute video on the MSNBC website was good.

Agree with lots of OP -- Katie gets on my nerves. But seeing Captain Wright would have been great. He sure is handsome!!!

Not to be pesimistic but I found the 3 hrs of show pretty dissapointing. :(

Was it just me or did Matt and Katie seem drunk There were WAY TOO MANY commercials, weather checks, and 100 year old birthdays. I guess that's why I don't watch the show on a regular basis. I fast-forwarded through to the parts of the ship and felt like I only watched 15 minutes of TV. My complaint is definetly with NBC/Today Show. I love the Freedom and will look forward to sailing on her.

The Godmother was an excellent choice. What a deserving person. Much better than the wife/daughter of an ex-president or board member.

P.S., I don't know if it was a DVR screw-up or a programming error but when Katie was going to steer the ship, a Posideon commercial/trailer started playing. After 5 sec it was gone.

P.S., I don't know if it was a DVR screw-up or a programming error but when Katie was going to steer the ship, a Posideon commercial/trailer started playing. After 5 sec it was gone.

They were clips from the movie "Titanic". It was supposed to be a joke...like Katie was sinking the ship. Timing is everything, and they didn't really have it down well for that one. LOL

Tracy

Archived