Freedom on The Today Show!!!

that's why they invented the mute button! My galfriends & me hate her mouth.

But Capt Wright was great, camermen did good work shooting parade, flowrider with newsgal Morales on it, outside of ship shots of her, and the bottle of champagne (equivalent to 34 regular bottles as Capt Wright stated) smashing into the ship. When the Godmother was named on "Today" it was stated that she get one cruise per year on Freedom, which is her ship.

Barry did a nice 2 songs but then they are showing him smiling at the folks wondering when the camera goes off & the audio was everyone yapping to themselves, so that remote crew blew it. So yes, they can be very unprofessional at NBC.

But a great ad for RCCL Freedom in the long run & I believe she is sold out til late 2007. 2007 we plan to sail the new Celebrity ship to the S Pacific & Australia/New Zealand from Honolulu. But it will be some other ship I bet. Wish RCCL was doing it with Freedom in 2007 instead of E Carib.

Royal Caribbean has done a tremendous job in the marketing of this ship. This marketing machine has been building up for the last two to three years and now we are seeing the climax of it all. RCI has been very smart in how they have built the excitement for this ship. Not sure what the cruise line paid NBC for today's show but they have more than received what they paid for.

Katie is the godmother of the Carnival Valor.

I wiish they would show more of the ship, cabins, etc.

I tried hard not to get excited about the Freedom. At first I thought it was way too big. But Now OMG, I want on that ship so bad I can hardly stand it.

Did you see some of the swim suits. Who on earth would spend $1,500 for a bathing suit? I'll save my money for cruising!!!!!

Sue

I thought Katie and Matt were too childish for the Christening. The hugging and Katie even hopping up and wrapping her leg around Matt was very unprofessional for a dignified ceremony.

Who on earth would spend $1,500 for a bathing suit? I'll save my money for cruising!!!!!
my sister had a bathing suit just like that in the late 60's. She had a scar up her stomach and the bathing suit covered it perfectly!

To the top of the rock climbing wall in 8 seconds...wow!
My little niece could do it. She scaled up the rock wall on the Mariner so fast, I couldn't keep up with her while filming off my camera.

Boxing ring
Is that a permanent feature?

Not a complaint ,just a suggestion. I LOVE cruising , have only been on one before JOS, am booked on Crown Princess but I was a bit surprised that there were no big name entertainers on board.Why did I have the impression that there were some. :confused: They were all fabulously talented on that ship but I would love to see the Temps,Platters or any soul group. Anybody else feel this way?

Wish Barry Manilow was on our cruise that starts tomorrow! Or our inaugural for that matter!

Patrick,

Sounds like he's not exactly the seafaring type! Hey hon...if you haven't left yet, send me an e-mail....want you to say hello to someone for me.

tracyaroche at cs dot com

Have a great time tomorrow!

Tracy

The show really whet my appetite to cruise on Freedom of the Seas, but like many of you here, I longed to see more of the ship, the theater, the gym, the ice skating rink, the main dining room and the premium restaurants. They did show the boxing rink with two intense guys going at it...NOT a big selling point for me in respect to cruising. They could have highlighted some of the fabulous original art on the ship.

Instead we were treated to Katie acting as silly as if she were punch druink while she sat at the bridge and giggled to coast guard authorities. It seemed as if she was making Capt Wright nervous. By the way, my 86 year old mother was watching and was very impressed with the "handsome" captain of the ship.

I was amazed that with a ship that size, the putt putt golf had been reduced to nine holes. Heck! Take out that dang boxing ring and restore the space for the golf. What do you want to bet Liberty of the Seas does not have a boxing ring! Maybe they could put bumper cars in the space. just kidding...maybe not.

Can't wait to set sail...06/11/06.

I am so jealous! I didn't get to see any of it as I'm at work. Is she as beautiful as her pictures??? I'm sailing on her in October (Halloween cruise) and just can't wait! :D

Lynda B.

Houston

I, too, thought Katie was rather childish and unprofessional on the bridge with the captain. Good riddance to her and wonder if the CBS execs saw her giggly school-girl antics. I'll bet they were impressed.:eek:

They really could have shown more of the ship and skipped those swimsuits. And, really, how much use do you think the boxing ring will get?

WAY too many comercials...Heck i had time to take my shower and still not miss anything.

Since I usually watch Good Morning America, I never knew the Today Show had so many commercials. So I stopped watching and just TiVoed the show. That way I can see what I want and just roll through the rest of the crap.

Patrick,

Sounds like he's not exactly the seafaring type! Hey hon...if you haven't left yet, send me an e-mail....want you to say hello to someone for me.

tracyaroche at cs dot com

Have a great time tomorrow!

Tracy

You're right about Barry; I forgot! I just sent you an email.

Archived