Favorite Little Thing!

Eleris

In light of all the unhappy thoughts these days on the boards I thought I would try a thread on my favorite little things. Just to name a few -

1. The welcome aboard champagne

2. The welcome smile and greeting from the cabin attendant

3. The little fruit cups at tea time I have convinced myself that since there is fruit there can't be any calories

4. Meeting folks from the cruise critics party on my 4/13/06 Galaxy cruise

Anyone else have a few favorite little things?:D

Ellen

I love the cold towels when boarding after a day on a hot island. I can feel it now. Just wish I was at sea. Can you hear my deep sigh?

How about the smile on your waiter's face when he brings you that second dessert that you were too afraid to order?

I'm thinking about the Elegant Tea Party. I love the little cakes, and sitting there with my Mom having "girl talk." It's the one time on the cruise that we request a table for two in the dining room.

I also love that feeling as we're leaving port...it's sunny in the afternoon and the breeze is in my hair and I look out at sea and it goes on forever....

And then there's the phone call in the morning when the butler calls to say he's bringing our breakfast. Better than an alarm clock!

I get a kick out of tendering. I love looking up at the ship from the tiny little tender boat. It makes even the smaller ships like Zenith seem huge!

I love spending time on my balcony in the morning and the evening. It's a great way to start and finish a day.

I love the anticipation of cruising and finding out as much as I possibly can before we cruise.

I love seeing "My Ship" in port before we board her on that first day.

I love the "sail away" and the sound of the band playing.

I could go on and on......

I love pulling up to the pier and seeing the ship with the giant X on it and knowing that it's waiting for me.

Sailing under the Verrazzano Bridge.

When my cabin steward opens my door for me.

When I tell my waiter that I love chocolate and I get lots of chocolate goodies after dinner.

When I ask for a second appetizer and my waiter doesn't blink an eye but brings it right to me, nice and hot.

All the magic tricks the waiters perform for my son.

Good supply of clean, fluffy towels at the pool.

Nice towels to take to the beach in the nice tote bag X supplies (even in the regular nonCC cabins)

All the delicious soups.

That our assistant waiter would always manage to find the soft rolls that my son enjoys, even at breakfast, even when he was not our assigned waiter.

Smiles from all the crew in the dining room and cafe...Zenith is the most friendly ship!

I'll probably think of more later...:D:)

We are so very blessed to be able to cruise..My fav so far, The Century.

The waiter that makes you feel like you are the only one at the table.

The Martini Bar

The T pool on the Century

The excellent presentation of the food

Perfect service :D

Gosh, you've named so many of my favorites, but here's a few more:

Watching the sunset from the Aft deck while everyone else on board (it seems) is getting ready for dinner

Celebrity Connections parties - putting faces with names from months of Roll Call

Smiles from the crew every time they pass by

When our waiter chats with us when he sees us at the buffet or grill

Bartenders who remember your favorite drink - how do they do that when the passengers change each week

the joy of cruising - sitting next to DH by 'our' pool on a port day when everyone else is onshore

And the list goes on :)

The aerialists, Rebecca & Phillippe from the production shows on the Summit. They literally made my skin tingle with their performances. They are downright amazing. Can anyone tell me if other Celebrity shows have aerialists? I thought the shows were the same from ship to ship, but if there are many others who can do what these two can do, I would be AMAZED!

As for food, I'd have to say the cheese course at the specialty restaurant. I'm not even a big cheese fan, and the cheese steward (I don't know if that's what he's actually called, but I like the name, even if it's made up) treated me famously.

As for cocktails, I've never had a drink I've liked as much as the Martini Delight...:D

3. The little fruit cups at tea time I have convinced myself that since there is fruit there can't be any calories

Ellen

Ahhhh!!! The fruit tarts! The reason my DH & I sail on Celebrity ships. We must to have them every day. :D

1. When DH & I go out on deck, after a visit to the nightclub. We almost always have it to ourselves. Standing there chatting, while the wind blows through our hair (well my hair, he doesn't have much :p ). Back to my daydream..... This is paradise.

2. When our waiter on Infinity presented dessert with the catch phrase, "It's showtime!". When we look at each other on subsequent ships, & simultaneously say the same.

3. When our waiter on Mercury found out we liked to share our dessert, so we could get a sampling of 2. Then decides a sampling of 2 can't possibly be enough, so he brings 3 or 4 after that.

4. Fresh waffles!!!

5. Breakfast on the balcony or in bed.

6. Enjoying a plate of sushi, while we get ready for dinner. Shhh don't tell. ;)

7. Relaxing prior to dinner at the martini bar.

To be continued.... :D

What can I say...you all beat me to it already....:eek:

Well OK...

1. Those fingure sandwiches at 4:00

2. The potato based Vodkas for my "Gibson" before dinner...:D

To the "OP". Thanks for starting this thread...:)

Sitting outside the grill in the aft section just watching the wake. Love it at all times of the day (Breakfast, Lunch and pre-dinner sushi snack time!) And speaking of breakfast - definitely one of my favorite meals on board. Between the waffles with strawberries, bagels with lox and the Yogart Parfait in the CC cabins - YUM!!!!!

1. Cold Soups -- like ginger pear or cucumber
  2. Gym time every day -- and actually losing weight on your cruise
  3. Aqua Spa Lunches
  4. Balcony Breakfasts
  5. Balcony Naps
  6. "Naps" with the DW
  7. Angel -- the specialty restaurant maître d'
  8. My first invitation to the Captain's Table
  9. Posts from BrooklynGirl2
  10. The omnipresent friendly and positive environment

Sitting poolside with the band playsing , book in hand and people watching:)

Can a person actually do all of this simultaneously?:D

Yes! And all while enjoying a cool beverage!

The butterflies I get in my tummy when I get to port and see the ship for the first time............oh, I like that feeling :)

When Mom & I see the ship for the first time, with the big X on the funnel, we always yell "X marks the spot!" to each other.

*The "intermezzo" palate cleanser sherbet during Formal Night dinners

*Leaning over the side rail and watching the foam in the water as the ship cuts through it

*Being able to see STARS at night while on board, unlike our light-polluted city sky

Just a few of many!

• Sighting dolphins and whales swimming alongside the ship :)
  • Cold drinks at the end of the gangway on re-boarding the ship in a port
  • Casual afternoon tea every day
  • Elegant tea with music by the string quartet on at least one day of a sailing. Love those ham mousse cornucopias!
  • The small plate of blue cheese that arrives each night at dinner after telling my waiter the first night how much I love blue cheese:)

Archived