Gatorclaw's Long Awaited LIBERTY video!

gatorclaw

It is funny you should say that. Lately I have been doing videos for my family for holidays and teachers that have retired where my wife works and such.

I plan to make a video of our cruise, ( nothing as elaborate or as professional as yours ) but my wife is telling me to just use whatever pictures or video we happen to take, she does not want me to plan everything out and spend all my time setting up to make this video.

So..... With a history in film making I can assure you I know exactly what you mean, it takes time, effort and planning, but it can also take over your vacation.

I am going to try really hard not to do that.

Thank you to everyone for all the kind words :) .

However, I have bad news for anyone who is wanting another big adventure movie. It's not going to happen :( . These things just take too much time and effort and while I've loved making all three big projects, it's just too much, from figuring out everything ahead, and then getting all the shots, and then editing it all later. I would actually like to relax for a minute on my cruise! So I figure I went out on a high note w/ this last one. But don't fret too much, I'll still take pics and have a short 5-10 video or something in the future, but it won't be on such a grand scale as my past efforts. :)

Ha ha ha. Nice job. I can't believe I didn't see that on the ship. And for those who don't 'get it' - I spray painted 'gatorclaw was here' on a graffiti ridden dock in Nassau. But Zydeco has totally upstaged me here. Brilliant!

Umm...where'd you get the spray paint? :confused:

However, I have bad news for anyone who is wanting another big adventure movie. It's not going to happen :( . These things just take too much time and effort and while I've loved making all three big projects, it's just too much, from figuring out everything ahead, and then getting all the shots, and then editing it all later. I would actually like to relax for a minute on my cruise! So I figure I went out on a high note w/ this last one. But don't fret too much, I'll still take pics and have a short 5-10 video or something in the future, but it won't be on such a grand scale as my past efforts. :)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I totally enjoyed all three videos. I kept saying to myself, "Boy that has to be alot of worK" and "I wonder if he really gets to enjoy himself or does he spend the majority of his time taking pics. " I guess I got my answer.

Thanks for all the time and effort you have put into your videos and for sharing them with the rest of us. You and Pepper seem like and awsome couple. I wish you both the best. I hope you get some rest and relaxation on your next cruise. You deserve it. Hope to run into you guys on a cruise sometime.

Thanks again

I don't post much, but I did enjoy your videos, and thought to myself that has got to be a lot of work filming all of that for a vacation! Your message confirms this.

If you do have a change of heart and decide to do another video project, I would like to see what you would do with the Europe itinerary.

Wonderful video! Very easy to see that much work and preplanning had to be done. Hope you are working in the industry.... May have missed your calling. Very professionally done. Sure hate to see ya hang it up, but I can understand. Unfortunaltely, you have all of us cruise junkies hooked. You guys are just great!

OK, so when you gonna marry this girl?? You gotta at least give us the video of that. We all feel like we know ya!

Been away for awhile.............Jason sorry to here your producer/director days are over!LOL What a great job you have done with these trips! We have all enjoyed them tremendously.......Thanks and we all hope you and Pepper enjoy your next trip together.

P.S. - Hope we all get to see a honeymoon cruise video!!;)

Gatorclaw - We're forming a Cruise Critic group cruise on Carnival Splendor for sometime in 2008 - details are still very much in the air. Anyhow, is there ANY chance you'd consider joining us?!? I think it would be kick to have one of your videos documenting it!

Nick

I watched all your video's today with my DH. Even with the slow buffering on my computer today we just couldn't pull ourselves away from them. Felt like we were on vacation all day! Thanks for posting and thanks to the posters that bumped this up where I could find it!

Jason, I cried like a baby, at the end. My 18 y/o thought I was crazy, until I reminded her she was crying at the end of her cruise. Oh, right, "I dont' even want to talk about it Mom, makes me too sad". We are so addicted, cruising had become our drug of choice! Thanks so much. Cruising can really make some unforgetable memories.

Jason: Absolutely Fantastic! It was certainly a privilege and an honor to be part of your "grand finale". Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

Verty interesting stuff, What version of the Sony Vegas Video did you use? I see there are versions that range from $69 all the way to $400.00. I see there is a complete training DVD also.

Were you able to take still shots from a digital camera and insert into the clips or are those still frames from a digital camcorder?

I think my computer would have a meltdown if I tried to make it do that type of work..LOL

B.T.W. Has anyone asked you where you live and what TV station you work for?

Jason. I am new to these boards and to crusing (first one coming in August). I have been filled with much anticipation for this cruise and felt my DW just wasn't as excited as me. Well, we both sat and watched all three of your videos and it really worked for her. She is ALMOST as excited about the cruise as me. So my hats off to you and Thanks so much for sharing with us. You are truly a talented individual. Sorry that you are "hanging the hat", but I completely understand. Hopefully you will have time to relax and completely enjoy your next cruise!

I really, really enjoyed all the music you used...they all obviosly and intentionally, match the subject and place....but all the music is GREAT!!! Very, very nice job indeed...can' wait till your next cruise! Have fun!

JASON YOUR VIDEOS ARE AMAZING!!!! THANK YOU FOR SHARING!!

QUICK QUESTION...WOULD LOVE TO SEE JOHN (CRUISE DIRECTOR) AND WOULD BOOK THE CRUISE AS ONE OF MY REASONS...IS HE PERMANENTLY ON THE LIBERTY?

hE WAS ON OUR FIRST CRUISE ON THE GLORY...GREAT PERSON!

THANKS AGAIN FOR THE FABULOUS VIDEOS

What version of the Sony Vegas Video did you use? I see there are versions that range from $69 all the way to $400.00. I see there is a complete training DVD also.

Were you able to take still shots from a digital camera and insert into the clips or are those still frames from a digital camcorder? B.T.W. Has anyone asked you where you live and what TV station you work for?

Mooguy,

I have Vegas Video- the expensive one. The less expensive one is Vegas Movie Studio. I would highly recommend the less expensive one if you're just starting out. And I just learned by trial and error and using their message board for help, so I haven't bought any training videos.

And yes, you can just put photos into the video timeline. You can keep it simple or you can make it as complex as you'd like.

And, I do not work for a TV station or anything. I've just been doing this since I could hook up 2 VCRs together and dreamed of the day where I could just fade in and out. So obviously, I absolutely love what I can do now. :)

:eek: must be another bubbles floating around here somewhere:confused:

Yup!! There sure is!! :D She's an S&S'er :D

Hey Jason, ready for an encore on the Liberty next year??? ;) Come join us...

Well, I suppose now is as good of a time as any-

:( Pepper and I had to go our seperate ways. Unfortunately it's true. I won't go into all the personal details, but suffice to say- we have different long term plans that we just could not compromise on. We still care greatly for each other and while it's sad, it is for the best in the long run.

But I'm not done cruising just yet- so I hope to see many of you in the future- and I will allow one slap from each of you for letting her go...

Archived