Cream-colored pants suit

MrsPete

I went shopping yesterday, and I bought a wonderful cream-colored outfit: dressy pants and a two-piece top: a sleeveless shell with a short-sleeved lace jacket that ties in front. Great outfit, fits me perfectly.

Here's the question: Being the queen of packing light, I was trying to put together dinner outfits that'd all fit the same pair of shoes (and matching bag). I've got a great pair of silver strappy sandals (with diamond accents) that are actually comfortable and look great with either pants or dresses. Can silver shoes go with a cream-colored outfit?

I tried the outfit on with burgundy heels last night, and that looked good. But I don't really want to bring the burgundy heels for one wear. Am I fooling myself when I say I can wear the silver shoes with this cream-colored outfit? I'm looking for a truthful answer -- not a "yes, do whatever you want on your vacation". Thanks!

I am absolutely not a fashion maven, so you will probably get far better advice from others here.

When you mentioned the burgundy shoes, the first thing I thought was that the shoes would really stand out against the lighter coloured fabric, bringing attention to your feet. In your shoes (pun intended!) I would buy a pair of shoes in cream or gold.

Just my two cents!

I'm sorry to tell you I just don't think silver shoes will go with cream. Can you find a similar shoe in gold, cream, or bronze? You could wear those colors with other outfits also, especially gold or bronze.

I think I agree with others, a light bronze, pale copper or pale gold sandal.

The pants suit sounds great. For me who hates to pack, I'd be bringing at least one other extra fancy top to go with the same pants for the other formal night if I could find just the thing!

Sigh. I knew the silver wouldn't go. I was just trying to talk myself into thinking it would because it would've been easier.

The burgundy shoes are PERFECT with the outfit; plus I already own them. I guess I'll just have to resign myself to packing them.

Thanks.

MrsPete,

Is it very creamy....as in off-white? If so, I think silver would be okay. To be honest, sounds better than burgundy.

If the silver shoes are very strappy and have lots of rhinestones, I think they would work well with a creamy colored pant suit.

However, if it has a champagne or taupe cast to the color, then silver might not work well.

MrsPete,

Is it very creamy....as in off-white? If so, I think silver would be okay. To be honest, sounds better than burgundy.

If the silver shoes are very strappy and have lots of rhinestones, I think they would work well with a creamy colored pant suit.

However, if it has a champagne or taupe cast to the color, then silver might not work well.

As I was reading your post, this is exactly what I was thinking as well! I had a beautiful cream pantsuit that I used to wear silver shoes with all the time. However it did not have taupe undertones...more off white, but deep.

Anyhow, maybe you could post a picture?

If not, I think they could definately work.... Just my two cents.;)

As long as the suit isn't beige or khaki, the silver will be perfect. Think about how most formal beaded off white dresses usually have silver accents and thread.

In fact, unless your pantsuit has yellow in it (towards the yellow family on the color wheel), I would think gold or bronze would not look good.

I went shopping yesterday, and I bought a wonderful cream-colored outfit: dressy pants and a two-piece top: a sleeveless shell with a short-sleeved lace jacket that ties in front. Great outfit, fits me perfectly.

Here's the question: Being the queen of packing light, I was trying to put together dinner outfits that'd all fit the same pair of shoes (and matching bag). I've got a great pair of silver strappy sandals (with diamond accents) that are actually comfortable and look great with either pants or dresses. Can silver shoes go with a cream-colored outfit?

I tried the outfit on with burgundy heels last night, and that looked good. But I don't really want to bring the burgundy heels for one wear. Am I fooling myself when I say I can wear the silver shoes with this cream-colored outfit? I'm looking for a truthful answer -- not a "yes, do whatever you want on your vacation". Thanks!

silver sandals will go great with the creamy color.. better than the burgundy (imho)...do you have a small silver bag.. perfect!!.. leave the burgandy shoes home!

Oh, my. I didn't realize there were so many shades -- now I'm finding "cream" hard to define.

The outfit is definitely not white; even from across the room you would not mistake it for white. There is definite color there. Yet, there is no taupe, no khaki, no yellow undertone. I'm going to have to go with "dark ivory" or pure cream. Making sense?

The lace top, however, has a bit of mauve woven through -- just a touch.

The burgundy shoes are absolutely the best choice. They are not dark burgundy like something that'd go with winter clothes. In fact, burgundy might be a stretch for the color, but I can't exactly find a better term. The color is not pale, but it's not dark either. It's a soft color with mauve undertones -- that's why they work with the lace top. The shoes also have a "texture" and a lot of detail, which is why they're a good balance with the long, straight pants and the fancy lace top.

I've talked myself out of the silver shoes with this outfit. I'll give up the idea of having only one pair of dinner shoes. Thanks for the help.

Archived