Serenade vs Adventure

Okay - So I am trying to decide between these two ships for my next cruie. Long story short...i'm struggling with dates and schedules. I've only done the Sovereign and Voyager class. What are the differences between the Serenade and Adventure...other then the Promenade and Ice Skating?

Anyone have any opinion on which is better and why?

I can't speak regarding the Adventure.....haven't been on her (yet :p )

but our cruise last November on the Serenade was just perfect. It is a beautiful ship (just the right size)and the crew is absolutely wonderful. We got to dine with the Captain and aside from being the youngest in the fleet (at 38) he is alot of fun too. Personally I am not on a cruise to ice skate.....and I prefer to shop on the islands.... so not a big issue that Serenade didnt have either.

Not sure of the itinerary for AOS but the islands we visited aboard Serenade were all special in their own way....and each unique too.

We stayed 3 days precruise in San Juan and loved it !!!!

We took ferry to St. John instead of staying on St. Thomas and since it is 2/3 National Park it is soooo pristine....loved St. John

St. Maarten we actually like the French side better but probably our least favorite. Would I go back - in a heartbeat !

Antigua was a treat - like a tropical Texas hill country with gorgeous vistas around every bend

St. Lucia is well - drop dead gorgeous (a mini Hawaii) but glad we didnt have a rental car there.....roads are crazy twisy winding up down ....

Barbados was beautiful too - not really what I expected but gorgeous all the same.

People on all the islands were very friendly - we tend to rent cars and go out on our own so not in a large crowd like on an excursion.

All in all - the whole cruise was unbelievable.

I had this same dilemma before our last cruise, too. We finally decided to take the Serenade for 2 reasons: 1. she is smaller than AOS and we really don't like the huge ships; 2. the Saturday sailing gave us a day to unwind before we had to go back to work.

As Texan Cruiser said, the Serenade is a beautiful ship and the crew is wonderful. It was fabulous when the Captain pulled her in between the Pitons on St. Lucia, and about 200 yds. off the shore stopped her and did a complete 360 degree pivot before sailing off into the sunset.

We loved this ship and itinerary so much that we booked her again for next year's Spring Break!

Okay - So I am trying to decide between these two ships for my next cruie. Long story short...i'm struggling with dates and schedules. I've only done the Sovereign and Voyager class. What are the differences between the Serenade and Adventure...other then the Promenade and Ice Skating?

Anyone have any opinion on which is better and why?

If you have young children I would lean toward Adventure..... I think their is more for kids to do on that ship..... Having said that, we love the Serenade....The size of the ship works well for us.

Both are beautiful ships and have great itinerarys.

Have fun. :)

I have done both and enjoyed both however, I LOVED the Serenade, she is my favorite ship in RCI's current fleet.

There were many more kids on the AOS (we only had 24 on SOS which was truly a treat for me) and that part I did not enjoy but I think AOS is better suited to kids and familiies.

We have done the Serenade and loved it, as others has posted we dont do the ice skating, didnt care about the Promenade. However, if you have kids the Adventure would probably be a better choice. If you do not have kids, I would do the Serenade.

We much prefer the Radiance class will all of the walls of glass. The Voyager class with the Promenade reminds me of an indoor shopping mall. I go on vacation to get away from that.

Either way, pick what is best for you.

Happy cruising.

Will be doing a holiday back to back this year, Christmas on Serenade and New Year's on Adventure. Really looking forward to it! I haven't sailed either ship yet but, have only received encouragement and good reviews on both! If you happen to be going during the holidays this year, email me at NickNataleJr@gmail.com

Nick

I love the Voyager class ships. After sailing Explorer and Mariner I wrestled with this same issue. Finally I decided that instead of doing a third ship that would be very much like the previous two I would try something different so we booked Serenade.

We did miss the Royal Promenade as I knew we would and after experiencing the Promenade you won't get that "wow" factor when you walk into Serenade's Centrum but Serenade has plenty to make up for it. The Radiance class has much more glass which allows you to see the ocean from just about any public area of the ship including the elevators. The Radiance class ships tend to have a very elegant look and feel. They have a very beautiful centrum. Their windjammers are beautiful and have outdoor seating which Voyager class does not have. However, it is pretty hot in the caribbean so you might want to eat inside in the air conditioning anyway. They also have self leveling pool tables. The adult solarium has a retractible glass roof. Mostly it is kept closed and the air conditioned interior is a welcome relief from the heat. They have a very nice two level dining room but it doesn't measure up to the look of a Voyager class dining room. They have the Seaview cafe which is a cruise fare included food venue that is great for late night snacks and has nice inside and outside seating and I much prefer it to Johnny Rocket's. They carry around 2500 as opposed to Voyager's 3500 passengers.

The Voyager class is still my favorite but I would have no problem sailing the Radiance class again.

This thread brings back memories. We too went around and around and around over the Adventure vs. Serenade. Finally we selected the Serenade and have no regrets. Would like to see Curacao sometime, so the Adventure may be in our future.

We went on the Adventure last April...it was the Aruba route.

Adventure

Pro's - voyager size ship...we knew our way around (from being on the navigator.

Entertainment was good

Weather was great...not a drop of rain

The time you get to spend in Aruba is good. Gives you a chance to really see the island and not rush back.

Serenade - We just did this in April (we did the same itin. on the golden princess in May 04 but backwards)

This was our first radiance class and I thought it was a beautiful ship, especially the elevators that allow you to look out. I also like the colors inside the ship.

The schooner bar was great...we never really drank there on the voyager size ship

The food was not as good as other rccl ships and neither was the entertainment; which we switched from princess to rccl for (after our first cruise on the Navigator.

The itin. on this ship is great, though very port intensive...pace yourself.

We had good weather, pretty cloudy though and rain on the last day.

The captain sails by St. Kitts, Saba, etc on the way back to San Juan and this is beautiful to look at.

Either one you will not be disappointed but Saturday to Saturday cruises appeal to us because it gives us an extra day before heading back to work.

i have done both, and personal i lthought both were great but i would side with the adventure

i felt the adventure had more to do, and had more energy feeling to it, although i wish it had as much glass as the serenade did.

overall you really cant go wrong with either, they are both great ships

We've been on Explorer and Navigator, liking them both quite a bit but decided to give Serenade a try. My opinion.... nice...but lacked some of the space we enjoyed on the bigger ships, ie...the pool deck and of course the promenade. The area where the shops are on Serenade was a jam up space between fore and aft. Nowhere for anyone to walk.

The ships decor is first rate. The glass and ocean views are wonderful.

It's all a matter of choice. For me...been there and done that.

Next up...FREEDOM OF THE SEAS.....yes...we like 'em big....lol.

The Adventure is an exciting action-packed resort experience that happens to be on a ship; the Serenade is a more elegant ocean-going experience, very definitely on a classy ship on the high seas.

Leslie

Archived