If You Could Get HAL to Change One Thing....

5 in OK

No.....no one swooped down and emptied the trays. No one liked them very much. Everyday the same yuk!!! None of the little shrimp minis on the bread rounds w/ dab of cocktail sauce; almost no chocolates --I didn't have a single piece in 14 days; they had the usual crudite which I like but a few carrot/celery sticks gets pretty boring. I can't even tell you what was there as it was far from memorable. DH went there looking for a nibble most afternoons and often came back with nothing. They didn't once offer the nice chocolate/vanilla pound cake I like.

I wonder if HM or Chef makes the choices.

The other thing is the cookies were the worst:( The most tasteless things I ever had. I have to admit I too was extremely dissappointed. Also the Suite Luncheon also did not have the usual items and only one person from the Neptune was there serving. I have been told by someone in HAL management that those Luncheons are all to be exactly the same and that comes from Seattle. So not quite sure what was going on with the Ryndam:confused:

What makes it surprising is that we generally thought the food very good on Ryndam. We very much enjoyed the dining room, Lido and Room Service. How could they do such a good job for the major food service on the ship and then be so bad with a minor thing like Neptune Lounge snacks?

Just as well, I guess.....we certainly did not go hungry! ;)

Sail, I agree, we found the food in the Lido and the Main Dining Room right up there at the top and was great. The bad part was even though there was not as many goodies to choose from in the Neptune I still managed to gain weight:eek:

I could not agree more but there are just far fewer people that like dark chocolate over milk chocolate. But if they had a chocolate exchange booth I would gladly go where it was on the ship for dark chocolate. When we were on the Maasdam, in the evening when the Champagne Strings would perform they had a tray of chocolate and it was Dark Chocolate:p Can you guess where I was almost every night.:D

Wow! Now we're disputing the color of the chocolate on the pillow and the goodies at the Neptune Lounge.

Wow! Now we're disputing the color of the chocolate on the pillow and the goodies at the Neptune Lounge.
I don't read any dispute. Have I missed something?

... almost no chocolates --I didn't have a single piece in 14 days ...
What? :eek: How ever did you make it through? :D

While I didn't have any trouble with luggage, disembarkation, online forms, or hot water, I agree with shorter Lido buffet lines and earlier shows. A stronger hair dryer would be nice. Overall, it was wonderful!

Westerdam/Alaska June 4-11,2006

Guest Celestia
Great suggestion. I've wondered that, too. Being able to turn on the light above the entry door without lighting the entire cabin would be wonderful.

YES! This would be fantastic! No more stumbling 'round in the dark when one of us retires earlier and the 'night owl' doesn't want to disturb the sleeper!

Eliminate all PA announcements except the daily report from the bridge and emergency messages. If I want to go to bingo, art auction, or other event, I'm capable of reading the daily program to find out when and where!

Archived