If You Could Get HAL to Change One Thing....

5 in OK

I'm new to HAL and am awaiting my cruise in October on the WESTERDAM...

but there is one thing I'd already like to see changed and that is how HAL books the CABANAS on HALF MOON CAY. I found it very confusing to have to put the two cabanas for my traveling group all on my credit card in order to book them. Now I have to "collect" from all the people in my "group" personally to pay my credit card bill. Why is it that we have to book the cabana under one name...why can't they charge each individual person that will be using the cabana like they charge each person who is buying a "regular" shore excursion. (The same thing applies to the CABANA BUTLER UPGRADE.)

Because the cabana price is the same for UP TO 4 people. They can't break out the cost and charge it to individuals because it's not priced per person. If someone in your group cancelled their trip, it wouldn't change the price of the cabana.

And you could have had another member of your group book and pay for the second cabana

If I could get HAL to change one thing ...

it would be to keep the Lido pool and hot tub open 24 hours a day, or at least until midnight or 1 am. I love to swim or soak when no one else is around. RCI manages to have their pools and hot tubs open nearly 24 hours - they close one at a time for cleaning. Couldn't HAL do the same?

Happy cruising,

Susan

If I could get HAL to change one thing ...

it would be to keep the Lido pool and hot tub open 24 hours a day, or at least until midnight or 1 am. I love to swim or soak when no one else is around. RCI manages to have their pools and hot tubs open nearly 24 hours - they close one at a time for cleaning. Couldn't HAL do the same?

Happy cruising,

Susan

Oh - yes!! Excellent idea - my favorite so far - we would love to swim late at night or early, early morning!!! I so hope Seattle sees this!:)

Oh - yes!! Excellent idea - my favorite so far - we would love to swim late at night or early, early morning!!! I so hope Seattle sees this!:)

Oh, so glad you agree! Let's start a campaign to get lots of CCers to put this on their comment cards over the next few months, so HAL will implement it by the time I sail again in November. :D

Hey, what's wrong with Kauai, Lisa?:D And you know, you could start bringing your very own travelling showerhead, don't you? I think Mr. Deering would be very amused;)

John, I can give you an answer in one word Chickens:D :eek:

Also it just was not Kona, Hawaii's 4 main islands each have a totally different feel and personality. The Big Island just feels like home with Maui coming in a second. Of course it also did not help with getting severe motion sickness the first full day there from going on a very bad tour of the Napali Coast then getting the Noro Virus or food poisening from eating Road Kill, Oh I mean chicken. Just all in all not a pleasurable trip.

Now, about that shower head thingy, ya think if I brought my own I could get my room steward to install it :D

Only kidding of course, but I still cannot understand why the water pressure is so bad in the shower when the sink water pressure is extremely strong.

Oh, so glad you agree! Let's start a campaign to get lots of CCers to put this on their comment cards over the next few months, so HAL will implement it by the time I sail again in November. :D

Absolutely!!! We should start a new thread "Comment Card Unity"! This would be a relatively free change that HAL could make and in return it would make so many people happier! They could call it FLEX POOL TIME!:D

I see too many downsides to keeping a pool open into the evening/night. I would not be happy for that to be instituted.

It's as an accident/nightmare waiting to happen!!

JMHO........

Having the pools open late has not been a nightmare in my experiences on Serenade of the Seas, and I've been in suites one deck below the pool level both times. I never saw more than 8 or 10 people at a time in the pool area late at night, and we went up there most evenings. Granted, we were on longer, 10 and 14-day itineraries without many children and teens on board, so that number may be atypical of most cruises. But if RCI can keep their pools open virtually around the clock on all of their sailings, it can't be quite the hazard to civilization and restful sleep that some might suspect. I think HAL could handle it, given the clientele it attracts.

Happy sailing,

Susan

Guest Celestia
Small peanuts but get rid of those twister combo salt and pepper shakers in the Lido and replace them with traditional ones. Have you ever tried putting salt on a hard boiled egg while holding the egg in one hand and trying to twist that #@%& shaker with the other? :confused: Yup, I know, that pales in comparison with some of the other suggestions;)

I LOVE this suggestion!!!! having done that same egg/shaker/salt/pepper dance myself!

I guess I'll offer my two:

1. Add some vegetables to the election hors devours -- you know, celery and dip ... carrots ... broccoli, etc. I love the fried items, but too much of that is just too much of that.

2. I agree with Brian ... return the dining room staff-levels back to what they used to be ... and return to 2 seatings. Yes ... they will claim that there hasn't been a decline in staffing levels, and the HM will look at you like you have 3 heads if you dare to suggest that such has happened (other than temporarily). But the facts are the fact, and those of us who have been cruising with HAL since the mid 1990s, and before, KNOW it.

We wish there could be a little better configeration of the light switches in the cabins. Why can't the lights be out around the bed, but be on in the hall by the wardrobes? Either the person trying to pick out clothes in the morning has to fumble in the semi-darkness, or the person still in bed has to pull the covers over his or her head!

The number one thing I'd like to see change is the spa. Lower the prices for services and ix-nay the sales pitch on the products. I love getting a massage, but having to decline the therapist's insistent offer to sell me overpriced oils, salts, and brushes at the end sort of spoils the experience.

And, I'd really like to see DARK chocolates on my pillow....

We wish there could be a little better configeration of the light switches in the cabins. Why can't the lights be out around the bed, but be on in the hall by the wardrobes?
Great suggestion. I've wondered that, too. Being able to turn on the light above the entry door without lighting the entire cabin would be wonderful.

Get rid of those annoying overhead annoncements for art auctions, bingo, etc. They are very cheesy. Celebrity does a much better job with this. Only one noontime announcement from the bridge regarding weather, position, etc.

Celebrity is not immune to this. On Constellation in January, there was a daily Captain's announcement and the activities manager also came on at some point in the day to remind us of the evening's activity and...oh.. yes, bingo is starting in 15 minutes; why don't you come down and win.

2. I agree with Brian ... return the dining room staff-levels back to what they used to be ... and return to 2 seatings. Yes ... they will claim that there hasn't been a decline in staffing levels, and the HM will look at you like you have 3 heads if you dare to suggest that such has happened (other than temporarily). But the facts are the fact, and those of us who have been cruising with HAL since the mid 1990s, and before, KNOW it.

I'm new to HAL so I cannot comment on the staffing levels but why would you want fewer options in dining times? Since each level has its own galley, it cannot be for food quality reasons. Do you feel having more times affects the service somehow? Personally, I was very pleased to hear of this system because the early/early time is too early for us and the late/early is perfect.

Archived