Do I want the upgrade from upper to empress???

nickle831

I can get a free upgrade from the upper deck to the empress deck for free. The rooms that are availabe on the empress deck are near the back though and the rooms I have on upper are middle. This is my first cruise so I'm wondering if I should stick with the middle or go up one deck to the back. Any imput greatly appreciated!

Are you sensitive to motion? Noise?

The Empress deck has the advantage of being sandwiched between two decks of cabins, so noise from public venues is a non-issue.

How far back? Cabins least impacted by motion are low and in the center of the ship. The higher up you go, and/or the more forward or aft, the more you feel whatever motion there is (and you may experience none, or very little, on your cruise).

On three cruises we had cabins on the empress deck, between the atrium elevators and the aft elevators. I consider this a perfect location, as the aft elevators get you to the aft dining room and the buffet on the Lido. The atrium puts you near a lot of the other things on the ship. The theatre is all the way forward, though.

Whatever you decide, have a great cruise!

On Fantasy class ships (Ecstacy being one) the Empress deck is not between passenger decks. It is the top of the four main passenger decks. An aft cabin would be under the dining room, but this shouldn't be a noise problem.

The advantage of the Empress deck on these ships is that it is also the lobby deck, the deck you will enter the ship on. The atrium glass elevators begin at this deck and go up. It is a very convenient deck. But I'm not sure a mid-ship cabin one level lower is less convenient than an aft on the Empress deck. One level lower would be between passenger decks if noise is a concern.

I can get a free upgrade from the upper deck to the empress deck for free. The rooms that are availabe on the empress deck are near the back though and the rooms I have on upper are middle. This is my first cruise so I'm wondering if I should stick with the middle or go up one deck to the back. Any imput greatly appreciated!

You need to list the class of ship, if its a Conquest class then no. The walk from the Theater to the back of the ship is a very long walk.

I would stay with the Upper deck- Being under the dining rooms is fine-- but the galley is over top of lot of the cabins also. This is an area that can expect a lot of noise.

We are on the Ectasy an have an ocean view. The upgrade would be oceanview also.

When are you leaving? My hubby and I cruise for our first time, Labor Day on the Ecstasy........we have a very cheap, inside room on the Empress Deck. If I go before you, I will let you know how the noise is.

When are you leaving? My hubby and I cruise for our first time' date=' Labor Day on the Ecstasy........we have a very cheap, inside room on the Empress Deck. If I go before you, I will let you know how the noise is.[/quote']

I would appreciate a review. We just booked a oceanview guarantee on the Elation for august 2007 and wondering about taking an assigned cabin on the Upper. Please let me know if you are under the galley and heard anything

Archived