Those of you have booked Balcony rooms in the past?

gwydiana

Earlier this year on the Miracle I had an extended balcony on the side of the ship. It had 2 lounge chairs in addition to the usual setup. I think it might be a tight squeeze on a regular balcony. One of the chairs is a recliner. I used that in years before, no problem.

Earlier this year on the Miracle I had an extended balcony on the side of the ship. It had 2 lounge chairs in addition to the usual setup. I think it might be a tight squeeze on a regular balcony. One of the chairs is a recliner. I used that in years before, no problem.

Good to know. The room I've booked is in fact an extended balcony aft ship. It's advertised as a 60 sf balcony :)

Our balcony on our Cat 11 suite on Fantasy didn't have room for a lounge chair. We had two chairs. I can't imagine even bothering to put a lounge chair out there and take up what space there was.

When we have stayed in an aft extended bal. we have always had 2 lounge chairs , reg chairs & a table. You will enjoy it.

Ginny- was this a carnival ship? unless it was the wrap around one. I cant imagine all that furniture on a carnival balcony. (we did have it on the voyager)

here is a photo of a extended balcony on the Miracle.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/231082601/1283578778062547426xGRsek

Did your balcony come with a lounge chair of some sort? Or will I need to sneak one up from the pooldeck at midnight?

On the Triumph (Lido deck - midship) we had a small plastic table, chair and a lounge.

I have a question about the dividers between the balcony cabins.

We will be on the Triumph in June of 2007, and are traveling with another family that will be right next to us.

I'm assuming the dividers open between balconies??

If so, does the divider stay open, or will we need something to keep it open?

Thanks!

I have a question about the dividers between the balcony cabins.

We will be on the Triumph in June of 2007, and are traveling with another family that will be right next to us.

I'm assuming the dividers open between balconies??

If so, does the divider stay open, or will we need something to keep it open?

Thanks!

Yes they do open but you need to get the room steward to use a special key to unlock them for you

We had an 8I extended balcony on our last Carnival cruise. It came with two regular chairs and a small table. I asked our steward to bring us one lounge chair. I had to angle it and remove the second small chair, but it fit.

corinne, your steward should be able to assist you with opening the divider and keeping it open. Just ask. However, I would add a word of caution. Sometimes it's best to leave that divider closed. No matter how good your friendship is with the other family, privacy is at a premium and your friendship might remain on better terms if the divider was left closed. Of course that is always your choice.

Dividers can be opened on some balconies... it depends onwhere the door to each cabin is. If you want the door opened hopefully it wont block a door and it can be done.

But like Hsrybuff states.. you will be given up your privacy

Once the divider is opened it will stay opened the whole entire time

Thanks everyone! That helps.

The friends who we're going with, we have vacationed with several times.

We have known them for over 20 years!

I thought it would nice to hang out on the balcony without a divider between us.

We had the balcony divider opened on our last cruise. The only problem that we had was that it would bang up against our cabin door throughout the night. Even though we would have a chair pushed up against it, it would still wiggle loose and start banging.

Does anyone have any ideas to keep the door from banging? We're going on the Miracle in November and have side-by-side balcony cabins again. I sure don't want to deal with that noise...

Will bungy cords or duct tape work? We are bringing both this time. On the Elation, we had a cat 12 and the balcony door had a metal hook so it stayed open when we hooked it. Don't think that is the way the doors work on the Conquest so we are taking our supplies!! :D

Guest TRACKER1
We had the balcony divider opened on our last cruise. The only problem that we had was that it would bang up against our cabin door throughout the night. Even though we would have a chair pushed up against it, it would still wiggle loose and start banging.

Does anyone have any ideas to keep the door from banging? We're going on the Miracle in November and have side-by-side balcony cabins again. I sure don't want to deal with that noise...

You can get a bungee cords at Wallmarts or other sporting goods places they come in all lengths,I would get the one you can adjust the length to what you need hook the bungee cord to the balcony divider and anything on your side to hold the door open you just have to experiment! They are easy to pack and dont take up much room who knows you may find other uses for them!

On the Miracle they can be completely removed. They have to stay that way though, and you have to ask early as there are only so many that they can remove.

Will bungy cords or duct tape work? We are bringing both this time. On the Elation, we had a cat 12 and the balcony door had a metal hook so it stayed open when we hooked it. Don't think that is the way the doors work on the Conquest so we are taking our supplies!! :D

Yep, bungee cord will do the trick just fine on Conquest balcony doors. Happy cruising!

Archived