new to cruise critic - what happens at a meet and mingle party

Hi, I am new to cruise critic, but wanted to know what goes on at a meet and mingle party. I am going on the Navagator in March. I signed up, and at that time there five people signed up. Do they usually have at least 25? HOw can I check to see the number that has signed up? Thanks, I love cruise critic. It has helped me so much!

The ship will usually provide some soft drinks and perhaps some munchies. There need to be at least 25 people signed up for the meet & mingle to take place. Sometimes the turn out is large, sometimes not. It depends on when the M&M is scheduled to take place. They usually give you some souvenir as well such as a card holder you can wear around your neck to hold your seapass card.

You finally get to meet the people that you've been talking online with all the months prior to the cruise. We've made lots of good friends that we still keep in touch with. The Freedom gang is attempting to get a group together to go to Vegas in March and then do the Genesis 1st cruise, there are a couple of the Freedom cruisers who will be on our Panama Canal cruise. Bottom line: the M&M is what YOU make it!

d

There is at least one RCI staff member present. Some M&M's have the cruise director or ass't CD there and once the Captain made an appearance. They also usually raffle of a couple of items including (sometimes) the coveted RCI aqua-mouse! The interaction of the staff varies from simply saying hello and welcome and then leaving to much more involved Q&A sessions and discussions about the ship, personnel, life onboard, etc..

Whatever, I agree with frudutx, the M&M is what ever the participants make it. Have fun!!

nothing happened at ours and few showed up who signed up. it was very dissapointing for us. The person on board the ship set it up for right at noon when the capt gave his announcement, so the whole event was cut short. We basically introduced ourselves and that was it.

Hi, I am new to cruise critic, but wanted to know what goes on at a meet and mingle party. I am going on the Navagator in March. I signed up, and at that time there five people signed up.

Everyone get's nekked and drunk.....the more the merrier! ;)

It all depends on the folks attending! Sometimes, it's a real party--other times it's more like a funeral! You need a couple of gregarious, outgoing people to get the party started, or everyone will just sit there, staring at each other! It's really what you make of it!

Everyone meets in an assigned lounge at an assigned time. You should get your notice in your cabin as to where it will be the first day or night that you are on board. If you do not receive it, check out the information at the Purser Desk as some people have missed out on it because they were not told. Ours have all been scheduled for the next day at sea around 1:30 at one of the lounges on board. RC does not offer a Meet and Mingle party for cruises 5 days and less. It has to a cruise over 5 days...For cruises under 5 days, everyone usually gets together through the boards and agrees to meet up somewhere.

A rep will meet you as you enter and give you usually a really nice RC holder, finger foods are served and soft drinks, such as ice tea, lemonarde or juice.

It usually lasts as long as you want, but it does tend to split up within 1 1/2-2 hours. Some have gone later. But it is what you make it. It is best to try to mingle around with everyone, rather then talking to one person or group. As when you are ready to move on the party is over, and you will have missed meeting everyone you have been talking to.

Our group has decided to bring post cards along from our hometowns and exchange them with each other. We will put our names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses on the post cards and exchange them so we can keep in touch with each other after the cruise is over. We have done this on other cruises also and it has worked out nice. Also you may want to bring your camera along to the Meet and Mingle Party and take a group photo. You can send it in to Cruise Critic and they may pick it to show on their web site, and if they do, I think they send you a shirt. Just the person that sent the photo in, not everyone. Having the Meet and Mingle thread for the cruise is half the fun of the cruise. Sharing tips, discussions of topics and just sharing everyones excitement about the anticipation of the cruise makes waiting for the cruise to come so much easier. Our group started out small in the beginning, but now with the cruise only 23 days away, is up 97.

Keep in mind also, that although 97 have signed up, sometimes people do not all attend. Something comes up on board that they would rather do at that time. Every one we went to we had a great time. It is so nice to meet everyone and we have stayed friends with many people over the years.

Archived