Upgrade fairy is alive and well

zaandam_2

Good morning everyone. I booked my 1a gtys for the b2b cruise months ago and knew the risks. I was obsessively checking prices this morning (again) and found carnival's website was offering free upgrades from 1a to 4e. Jumped on the phone to my TA who called carnival. even though its well past final payment i now have an assigned 4e on the veranda deck, AND i have the same cabin for both segments.

they're acting like they actually appreciate my business.

Thanks, carnival. :D

I'm booked on the Imagination 8/24. I literally booked 2 weeks before the cruise. I used a TA I found on the internet. I've never done that before and i'm sorry I did, but.... he told me I had an Ocean View gty, but that they had assigned my cabin #. I had been upgraded to a 6B from a 6A. In researching I saw that all 6A's were being given a free upgrade to 6B. I realized that I had been fed a line as OV gty's had not been assigned yet. Today I saw that the cost of all cabins had been lowered by $40, and I read your post about the upgrade fairy. I emailed my TA and asked if he could either get me another upgrade or an On Board Credit for the $40. He sent me back a very rude and nasty email saying it couldn't be done as Carnival doesn't do that. I told him how I had read several posts where Carnival passengers had called their TA's today and gotten further upgrades or OBC's even if they had gotten their docs and were sailing soon. He told me if I didn't believe him, to call myself! He proceeded to lecture me on how I was happy with the cabin and price before and that I should just take it or lose my money!

What can I do? Can I call Carnival and ask for an upgrade or OBC? Any ideas besides not to use this TA again?

Thanks

Hi counsdr. my 1st thought is not to use that TA again, but i'm sure you've come to that conclusion already. i would never tolerate lecturing by a TA. advise, yes. lecturing no.

i didn't get obc either (a whopping $18 price drop so no big deal). one important thing to note is the free upgrade was advertised on carnival's website.

finding a good TA is key. the one i have is from a top-tier vebdor of carnival, so i think that helps. a friend of mine has the same 1a gtys on the B2B - her TA couldn't or wouldn't call carnival to negotiate. her TA said carnival was in the process of doing 'random' upgrades for the gty assignments and to call back monday. she may do better than i did. its a gamble with gtys. i think i won big time.

I'm booked on the Imagination 8/24. I literally booked 2 weeks before the cruise. I used a TA I found on the internet. I've never done that before and i'm sorry I did, but.... he told me I had an Ocean View gty, but that they had assigned my cabin #. I had been upgraded to a 6B from a 6A. In researching I saw that all 6A's were being given a free upgrade to 6B. I realized that I had been fed a line as OV gty's had not been assigned yet. Today I saw that the cost of all cabins had been lowered by $40, and I read your post about the upgrade fairy. I emailed my TA and asked if he could either get me another upgrade or an On Board Credit for the $40. He sent me back a very rude and nasty email saying it couldn't be done as Carnival doesn't do that. I told him how I had read several posts where Carnival passengers had called their TA's today and gotten further upgrades or OBC's even if they had gotten their docs and were sailing soon. He told me if I didn't believe him, to call myself! He proceeded to lecture me on how I was happy with the cabin and price before and that I should just take it or lose my money!

What can I do? Can I call Carnival and ask for an upgrade or OBC? Any ideas besides not to use this TA again?

Thanks

Carnival wont talk to you since you are booked with a TA, However you can request a three-way/conference call with them and your TA.

I dont think I would use this TA again. Before I book with a TA I always ask if they match prices if the fair drops, just to be safe.

Thanks

Just want to let you know that you CAN change TA's! I had originally used Carnival directly and believe it or not, within 12 hours of me giving the Carnival agent my Credit Card #, it was all over the Internet! He had SOLD it!

I contacted a local TA and they took over my booking. All I had to do was be on the phone with the new TA when they called Carnival. I just had to say "yes I want to switch to this TA" and it was done. I had asked would the first one try and contact me, they said no; if he did, he WOULD lose his license and possibly his job. <G>

I also got a really nice discount! So go ahead...get another one! Even if you call Carnival directly!

Just want to let you know that you CAN change TA's! I had originally used Carnival directly and believe it or not, within 12 hours of me giving the Carnival agent my Credit Card #, it was all over the Internet! He had SOLD it!

I contacted a local TA and they took over my booking. All I had to do was be on the phone with the new TA when they called Carnival. I just had to say "yes I want to switch to this TA" and it was done. I had asked would the first one try and contact me, they said no; if he did, he WOULD lose his license and possibly his job. <G>

I also got a really nice discount! So go ahead...get another one! Even if you call Carnival directly!

Betteboop,

Thanks for this info, i'm just not quite sure my tired brain understands. Would I have to be on the phone with both the old TA and the new one? My cruise is only 5 days away, isn't it too late to change TA's? How did Carnival sell your CC number? I'm very nieve when it comes to internet stuff. I should have just booked with Continental which would have gotten me 1500 FF miles. It was only $20 more. Could of, would of, should of.... My TA that I always use from the Education Association doesn't deal with Carnival which is why I didn't use her. Any further information you can provide me I appreciate.

Thanks

Noticed they NOW offered a Cat 11 Guaratee for the 5/27/07 Legend cruise I booked a 9A on for $100/pp more! ($30 for the kids) TA is changing my booking today!!

Priority Check in, Bigger Balcony, whirlpool tub, MORE ROOM & CLOSET Space!! It's worth the extra $$!!

Jacquelyn :D

Betteboop,

Thanks for this info, i'm just not quite sure my tired brain understands. Would I have to be on the phone with both the old TA and the new one? My cruise is only 5 days away, isn't it too late to change TA's? How did Carnival sell your CC number? I'm very nieve when it comes to internet stuff. I should have just booked with Continental which would have gotten me 1500 FF miles. It was only $20 more. Could of, would of, should of.... My TA that I always use from the Education Association doesn't deal with Carnival which is why I didn't use her. Any further information you can provide me I appreciate.

Thanks

Oh my gosh...this is probably too late for you. Sorry, I have been swamped at work and didn't check the board. (wonder why I didn't get an email?)

For future reference:

1. I had to be on the phone with my new TA and Carnival; I did not have to be on with the agent I was using at Carnival....just whoever answered their customer service #.

2. It wasn't "Carnival" that stole and sold my CC #...it was the crooked TA that works for them!

3. Even though you didn't book your flight directly with the airline, you CAN get your miles. All you have to do is call them...usually up until no later than 30 days AFTER your trip!

Archived