How much are soda cards?

I just don't think I can go a whole week without my caffeine!! I can only handle so much water, lemonade, etc!! So, how much does a drink/soda card cost? Is it possible for two people to use one card or is that really cheating?? Also...with soda card, can you get as many beverages as you want??

Thanks!

I just asked TA about the soda cards. She the cast was $6 per day ($4 for kids) plus the 15% gratuity. Thus, for an adult 7 day cruise soda card the cost would be $48.30. I'm thinking that this a per person cost (yes, 2 people sharing would be cheating, but I'm sure some do). Hope this helps.

If you do not feel you will drink enough soda/juice to justify the cost of the soda sticker, you can always pay as you go. The soda stickers are very convenient. Otherwise, you have to sign every time you order a soda.

They will give you a mug for your soda. They are new ones since I cruised in Feb. The glasses that they put your soda in are typically small. The soda glasses that you get in the dining room are larger.

Carrie

If I get unlimited soda can I bring a large insulated cup with me and have them fill it? Meaning does the soda come in little plastic cups or is it from the fountain?

thxs

They provide you with a "Coke Cup" or will give it to you in a plastic cup, but if you like a BIG mug, feel free to bring your own. They'll fill it.

They provide you with a "Coke Cup" or will give it to you in a plastic cup, but if you like a BIG mug, feel free to bring your own. They'll fill it.

so they would fill a sports bottle then? ooooohhhh that sounds a good idea :D

Hi

Leaving in 12 days on EOS! According to my docs $6 per adult/$4 17 and under per day.

Note - it only includes fountain soda they pour into your cup at most bars.

Cannot be used on cans or bottles and I find that very inconvenient. So if you are in your cabin and want a soda the one in the minibar will cost you. You have the sticker but then you have to go to a bar to get the cup filled to get the "unlimited" soda. Besides I shouldn't really drink "unlimited" amounts of soda anyway so I wont be getting one this time. My opinion. Thanks.

Bermuda here I come!

Hi

Leaving in 12 days on EOS! According to my docs $6 per adult/$4 17 and under per day.

Cannot be used on cans or bottles and I find that very inconvenient. So if you are in your cabin and want a soda the one in the minibar will cost you. You have the sticker but then you have to go to a bar to get the cup filled to get the "unlimited" soda. Besides I shouldn't really drink "unlimited" amounts of soda anyway so I wont be getting one this time. My opinion. Thanks.

Bermuda here I come!

Thank you so much my question was going to be what is the age cut off for children. I have a 13 yo and a 11 yo.

Hi

Bermuda here I come!

Did they change their policy? I know you can't use it for the soda in your cabin but in the past, I've gotten cans of soda at a lounge using my soda card with no problem.

Barbara from Philly

I just asked TA about the soda cards. She the cast was $6 per day ($4 for kids) plus the 15% gratuity. Thus, for an adult 7 day cruise soda card the cost would be $48.30. I'm thinking that this a per person cost (yes, 2 people sharing would be cheating, but I'm sure some do). Hope this helps.

My mom has been on several cruises and she usually shares a soda card with my dad --- honestly I wouldn't consider it cheating as there is no way most people would really go through that much pop. Seriously.. how much profit do you think they make off of pop if everyone bought one each and didn't even drink as much as a case in one week ? Hummm.... Thanks for the info. :D

Occasionally i will give my hubby a diet coke I got with my soda card. I think one or two sodas to share in a week isn't a big deal but if it's a daily routine then I'd suggest you get two cards. The same people who'll tell you that is stealing are probably smuggling booze onboard and think it's ok because RCL charges to much for alcoholic drinks. I think $6.90 a day for a few diet cokes is way overpriced but i don't bring my own onboard, I just pay the price. I have more important things to pack in my luggage like clothes and shoes and cosmetics and cameras etc etc etc.....

It's pretty easy math to figure if you drink enough sodas in a day to justify the purchase of the soda card. If you DON'T, then pay for your one or two sodas a day as you get them. Sharing a soda pass IS cheating whether or not you think so. If it wasn't, there wouldn't be any need to justify doing it! (And no, I don't smuggle booze OR dress inappropriately in the dining room ;) )

I was on a HAL Oosterdam cruise in January, and they had eliminated the "unlimited" option completely. You could buy a punch card for about $20, but it still came out to over $1 a "SMALL" glass.

In our first port, we bought a few two liter bottles of Diet Pepsi (our preferred brand). I asked the steward to have my 'fridge emtied of "mini bar" items, and I kept the bottles in there. It turned out to be a great way to do it, and the whole trip costs about what one or two days will at $6 a day. Plus you can fill up whatever sized vessel you wish.

I wouldnt get the soda card again. I got it on the mariner last september, and the coke etc, was plain nasty! Ended up having to buy cans anyway, it was so bad. Everything is watered down, even the orange juice, you can actually see the water coming out one saide of the fountain spray and orange coming out the other side! Oh, the thought of it, it was THAT bad!

But im sure plenty of people liked it!

Archived