What cruises are you anticipating?

Next month we are going on the Caribbean Princess and we are expecting our cruise docs anytime.

I am looking forward to this-we have a balcony stateroom midship on the aloha deck.

Next year it is just hubby and I and we are doing a Transalantic on Celebrity constellation-I am very excited about that one-that is in honor of our 25th anniversary.

I doubt though we will do a cruise between the two-as we are flying in early and spending a few days in England before our cruise next year and are still hoping possibly to spend a few days in Paris beforehand-so there goes all our money for another cruise!

Have fun everyone!

Wife and I are going on our 12th cruise next week aboard the Fantasy. It's our 2nd time aboard the ship which was our first cruise ship. The anticipation is almost too much to bear. I just hope we aren't too disappointed not to have a balcony.

I am so bummed summer is over, but luckily I'm in the process of planning some cruises -- I'm going to Hawaii in October, and the Caribbean in November! And each day this week on cruisecritic.com, we're featuring different "cruises to anticipate" that will soon be in season, like Australia/New Zealand and the Panama Canal.

Is anyone else planning ahead for their next trip? What cruises are YOU anticipating?

Hi Melissa, other CC members,

When I first read your comments, I thought, "summer is over?". I live in the "Heart of Dixie" and it routinely is in 90s...everyday...thru October... Anyway, getting to the important issue at hand - DW and I are planning (already booked) our first cruise to celebrate our 7th wedding anniversary. I have been to CC everyday since we started talking/planning it and I cannot tell you how much it has helped me. On the down-side, I have developed what might be referred to as an addiction... and I haven't been on a cruise yet:D

Packing this weekend to leave in 13 days on the Caribbean Princess! First Princess cruise...anxious to try a new line for us. Celebrating our 24th anniversary.

Have booked for July 1st of next yr. with the kids on the Adventure of the Seas. Our first aft cabin!

Then going to Hawaii land based vacation in Sep. of next yr. without the kids to celebrate our 25th anniversary.

Life is good! :D

I hope we all appreciate our cruises and vacations that we take each year and not take it for granted. Many people can't do this.

Packing this weekend to leave in 13 days on the Caribbean Princess! First Princess cruise...anxious to try a new line for us. Celebrating our 24th anniversary.

Have booked for July 1st of next yr. with the kids on the Adventure of the Seas. Our first aft cabin!

Then going to Hawaii land based vacation in Sep. of next yr. without the kids to celebrate our 25th anniversary.

I hope we all appreciate our cruises and vacations that we take each year and not take it for granted. Many people can't do this. :(

I hope we all appreciate our cruises and vacations that we take each year and not take it for granted. Many people can't do this. :(

Have a wonderful cruise - from another Big Sky Cruiser!

Hawaii next year sounds delightful.:) Happy Anniversary.

Enjoy the Caribbean Princess!

Well while you are in Hawaii I will be in Europe celebrating my 25th and then taking a TA back to the US! Happy 25th one year early.

We plan to do Hawaii for our 30th! and I agree with you-we should count our blessings!

Let us know about the CP-we will be on her in 6 weeks!

Sailaways...Are you in Montana? What part?

Thanks for the congrats!

Momofmeg..will let u know about the CP..can't wait!

When's your anniversary? Ours is 9-11 :( Well, hubby won't forget the date for sure...but just a sad day in history.

Happy 25th to you too one year early. :D

We will be boarding NCL Star next Sunday for our first cruise to Alaska and our first balcony cabin.

Balcony fever seems to have caught us as we are booked on a balcony for Carnival Valor Western Carib on Nov. 28 and Carnival Legend for Jan. 27 to St. Kitts, St. Maarten and St. Lucia.

Still looking for a cruise toward the end of April.:)

Dianne

Calicruisefamily...

WE have 1688 too! This is our first aft...2nd time on the Voyager class. First time was on the Mariner. We're really looking forward to it.

Hubby asked if we wanted to get our own room and have the kids get an inside...but didn't want to give this room up. So the family will stay in it.

I have 5 cruises booked, one paid off and am waiting on itineraries to be released in April of next year.........just to book the fall of 2008..........I have enough out in deposits to pay for a cruise:)

Holy Moly!!! Five cruises booked! I thought I was doing well with two cruises booked!

We're on the Miracle in March (dh, me and one of my sons - believe it or not the other didn't WANT to come!!) and we're on the Crown Princess in July (me and dh) to celebrate our 25th anniversary.

The Miracle will be our second cruise that we've done but we're actually not counting that crappy first cruise we took a few years ago. Some nasty ship called the Sunbird and it was terrible. We needed to find something wonderful to wipe out the memory. I think we've found it in the Miracle.

I have a hard time keeping the two of them straight with the itineries and planning port excursions. I can't imagine trying to do five at once! Well done.

Kim

We have 4 booked but the one we are most anticipating is the shortest--a 4 day cruise on the Disney Wonder in January. It will just be DW and me; no grown or little children with us. It may be early onset senility or practice for being grandparents, but we visualize the cruise as a concentrated Disney World with all the beloved characters and entertainment. It will certainly be different than NCL, HAL or CCL. And when we're done, it's off to WDW to meet up with DD and SIL for 4 days.

We are in the planning stages of a cruise out of Galveston next summer with my parents. He doesn't like to fly anymore and it's about a five-hour drive, so no airfare. We have been to the same ports before but we get excited about any cruise.

The one I am really looking forward to is a 10 or 11 day trip out of NYC to Canada in the fall of 2008. My wife and I will be retiring from teaching after over thirty years in 2008 and this will be our retirement gift to each other. ( I also won't mind telling my friends in education what we will be doing when they are going back to school.)

We are always looking forward to the next Alaska cruise. We've done two and so far they are our favorites.

We are booked to sail 9/18/06 on Pride of Hawaii. We spent a year trying to figure out where to cruise and finally decided on Hawaii back in May. We are so excited and can hardly wait - first time to Hawaii. But we're always looking forward to the next one. Maybe the Mediteranean next time...we'll see. Where ever we go we have decided cruising is the best!:D

I have a group wine cruise on the Crystal Serenity on April 19th....which just happens to fall over our wedding anniversary. I'm really looking forward to this cruise because almost every port is a wine city, not to mention an overnight in Bourdeaux. (I've been buying lots of 2003s and a few 2005 futures)

I'm also thinking about the fall wine cruise on Celebrity that includes Napa.

Sailaways...Are you in Montana? What part?

Thanks for the congrats!

Momofmeg..will let u know about the CP..can't wait!

When's your anniversary? Ours is 9-11 :( Well, hubby won't forget the date for sure...but just a sad day in history.

Happy 25th to you too one year early. :D

Actually mine is not until January 2008 but there are no european cruises we are interested in that time of year! We got engaged Labor Day weekend in 1982 so it will be 25 years since then and we are crusing like 2 weeks after Labor Day. Besides I have a sneaky feeling our daughter will give us a surprise party on our actual 25th anniversary. I know her too well!

We will do Hawaii for our 30th so that one can actually happen on our anniversary. There are plenty of Hawaii cruises in January. Hubby wanted to do Hawaii for our 25th but I talked him into a TA from Europe!

Archived