What cruises are you anticipating?

I am so bummed summer is over, but luckily I'm in the process of planning some cruises -- I'm going to Hawaii in October, and the Caribbean in November! And each day this week on cruisecritic.com, we're featuring different "cruises to anticipate" that will soon be in season, like Australia/New Zealand and the Panama Canal.

Is anyone else planning ahead for their next trip? What cruises are YOU anticipating?

You would be punctillious in assuming that I'm really lookin' forward to the crossword theme cruise in Januaray aboard Holland America's Oosterdam.

12 letter word to describe what I feel when I think of the cruise?

:) EXHILARATION:)

Cheers,

Wacky

next July we are headed to the British Isles and are fully involoved in the planning process for that. July '08 we are heading back to Tahiti and doing the Marquesas (we did Cook Islands last time) After, we are headed to Egypt in '09. All of these are or will be with Princess.

Life's a little better with a cruise to look forward to!

Charlie

Last summer a group of us that were tired of complaints about things that were beyond the cruiseline's control (like the hurricanes) got to talking on a thread on the RCCL board about the reasons why we LOVE cruising. Well, since then we've kept talking, added members, and are planning to sail together this coming February on the Jewel of the Seas to the Eastern Caribbean. I can't wait for the opportunity to meet my fellow Cruise Critic members and have fun together on the high seas.

Well last Jan. (06) started it all!!! My first cruise, when I returned I did a review and through that meet a great person, with ton of questions and now we are leaving kids and hubby's home and doing a cruise with over 30 girl's!!!!! woohoo!!! I am so excited for that one in Jan.07!!! We (me and the same new friend) are looking forward to next Jan.(08) of doing another girl's only cruise to California/Mexico Baja!!!! And then Hubby and I will celebrate our 15th the summer of 08 and I am working on plans for Alaska, one of his dreams.....ssshhhhhhhhh it's a secret!!!:eek:

So, it all started back in 06 and now I am planning all the way thru summer 08!!! Nothing better than planning a cruise!!!!

I am not sure October will ever come .. but we are headed for the Orient aboard the beautiful Sapphire!!! We love to cruise and try to get in at least one a year .. now that our work schedules are more flexible I am thinking one big one and one small one a year !!!

We are in the process of making all of the plans for our upcoming Panama Canal Cruise on the Sun Princess next April. This will be a 17 day cruise to celebrate our 51st Anniversary which will be this December. We will be cruising out of Ft. Lauderdale. We opted for Princess for the Anytime Dining.

Last year, we cruised on the NCL Sprit to Alaska, out of Seattle for our 50th. Loved every bit of it, especially Freestyle. We can hardly wait to experience another cruise line, and also to be spending much longer on the cruise.

I love the South Pacific and like small ship cruises. Right now we are planning a small ship cruise out of Fiji to the Mamanuca and Yasawa islands on Captain Cook Cruises. They are an Australian line we have cruised before on the Barrier Reef. Many snorkleing opportunities in the beautiful water!

Planning the Cunard double whammy over the course of the next year and thus am about to live out the cruises of my dreams - well, some of them. In December we're off to the Carribean for a 7 day voyage on the Queen Mary 2. First time with the line, first time on the particular ship and first time sailing out of Fort Lauderdale. Coming from Canada the December sailing is particularly appealing. My previous Florida visits have always been in the summer - go figure. It'll seem strange packing warm weather clothes when its snowing outside. Of course the islands will be nice but I think the ship is the destination here.

In August 2007 we're following up on the old gal herself - the Queen Elizabeth 2 - on a 5 day sailing out of Southampton to Western Europe and the Channel Islands. Besides being our first time overseas (will definitely extend our trip to a land vacation) it will be appealing to travel on such a historical ship and travel like the old ocean liner days and not like the modern cruise ships.

Oh there are many fantasies still to engage upon and some of the cruises mentioned thus far sound exciting. Its nice to hear everyone doing all these wonderful trips.

For us it is 3 months til we cruise the CAnal. Well, not even 3 months. November 29th is the embarkation date. After that we will do an NCL cruise sometime next year and I am praying we can add a New England/Canada cruise next fall.

Every cruise is reason for excitement and anticipation.

NMNita

We are eagerly awaiting our small ship cruise to Japan on the Spirit of Oceanous in Ocotber (Less than two months!) and are already planning for 2007: Itlay in August with my parents on the Seven Seas Navigator, and a 20th anniversary cruise in Tahiti on the Paul Gaugin in Ocotber.

For me it's the following: November---11 day Celebrity Constellation, January---7 day Celebrity Millennium, March---17 day Crystal Symphony, May---12 day Celebrity Millennium, November---10 day Crystal Symphony

Lucky you, Kitty - - 5 cruises in one year!

We can only go once a year, but we try to make each one count.

We did 15 days LA r/t Hawaii in January this year on the Island Princess.

Next February we are doing a 14 day Southern Caribbean on the Sea Princess.

In March 2008, we are booked to repeat our 15 day cruise r/t LA to Hawaii on the Diamond Princess.

After that one, we'll figure out where we'll go next!

I am anticipating our next cruise (and who isn't? :)) as it will have Packer players from SB XXXI on it and it's a chance to see friends that you only get to spend time with on the cruises.

I am aticipating our next Alaska cruise even though we don't have any specific plans for that yet because everybody ought to do it at least once.

We'd also like to do the Panama Canal and the Baltics after we retire in a couple years

I am anticipating our next cruise (and who isn't? :)) as it will have Packer players from SB XXXI on it and it's a chance to see friends that you only get to spend time with on the cruises.

I am aticipating our next Alaska cruise even though we don't have any specific plans for that yet because everybody ought to do it at least once.

We'd also like to do the Panama Canal and the Baltics after we retire in a couple years

packercruising, this week cruising with Packers seems like way more fun than watching them play. Monday night's game was downright painful!

We're going on a 10 day Caribbean cruise in October to celebrate my parents' 60th anniversary.

Next October a bunch of friends are going on a river cruise through Burgundy, France.

This winter, we hope to take two or three ski weeks--even more fun than cruising!

I love reading about other people's cruises and some of them make me sooooo jealous!!;) We have a group cruise we are looking forward to - it is next June on Carnival Legend. This will be our first time sailing from New York and we hear that it is spectacular!!:D It is also 8 days so there is an extra day we don't usually get!! In fact, we are still looking for others to join us - so if anyone is interested, let me know!

Of course, then I'll be looking forward to the next one - or maybe I should look into it now so there is no letdown??!!:eek:

We are getting married while aboard Century in November so I am very excited about that! Even though it is a short cruise, all of the people that matter most to me will be there and that in itself is cause for celebration.

We are also on the fence about our December honeymoon, leaning towards Regent Voyager but also still considering Crystal Serenity or a land based vacation. I just cannot seem to make a decision!:o Luckily, there is lots of space on both ships as it is a slow time for cruising.

Are any of us planning ahead??:D I have 5 cruises booked, one paid off and am waiting on itineraries to be released in April of next year.........just to book the fall of 2008..........I have enough out in deposits to pay for a cruise:)

We have booked

Panama Canal

Eastern Caribbean

Canada/New England

Western Caribbean b2b

I think a return to Hawaii may be next on our agenda.

Congratulations and best wishes! Please drop us a note and some pictures (after you are back from your honeymoon, of course!) -- that should be just wonderful...

Everyone, keep the great stories coming. I LOVE reading about your upcoming trips.

Melissa

We are getting married while aboard Century in November so I am very excited about that! Even though it is a short cruise, all of the people that matter most to me will be there and that in itself is cause for celebration.

We are also on the fence about our December honeymoon, leaning towards Regent Voyager but also still considering Crystal Serenity or a land based vacation. I just cannot seem to make a decision!:o Luckily, there is lots of space on both ships as it is a slow time for cruising.

Archived