Live From The Crown Princess Sept 30 Sailing

TorontoTL

Hi everyone who's interested. We've boarded the Crown and we're waiting to sailaway. This ship is stunning! Very very beautiful and elegant. Much different from the other Princess ships in it's use of darker woods, paint treatments and marble. The crew so far have been very very friendly. Generoso the Maitre'D is onboard and friendly as everyone has said. Omar seems good so far as the CD. It's a cloudy and cool sailaway here in NYC.

Embarkations was fine, Red Hook is pretty well organized. There were quite a few Visitors onboard the Crown today for lunch. I think they were TA's as some had CLIA pins on. I guess no one has found the internet cafe yet because I'm here alone right now. I don't expect it to stay that way. I had a couple of the chocolate cookies from the International Care, they are gooooooood. I also bought a coffee card, as many have described you get 15 specialty coffees such as cafe latte, cappucino and Jamacan Blue Mountain for the price of 12 along with free brewed coffees. Anyhow, I'll check in on a regular basis. I have the sailaway dinner tonight in the Da Vinci dining room in less than an hour.

Oh one thing that I really love about this ship already I forgot to mention. As I sit here in this internet cafe I can here the beautiful sounds of string music wafting in from the Piazza. How lovely! Something I wasn't expecting. I found myself clapping for them between songs. Now that is a nice way to spend a few minutes on the internet!;)

Thanks for the posts!! We sail 10/27 and cannot wait!! It is our first Princess cruise (though we've been on 20 or so others). I read the Princess board everyday and was concerned about some of the things said about problems with the ship. So glad to hear your positive comments!

I'll be watching for more posts....

TorontoTL, so glad you love the ship so far. We are on the 10/9 sailing and cannot wait to experience the NY sailway. One question, excatly where is the International Cafe? Is it the same as the Pastiree Bar on other Princess ships?

My husband has checked the layout of the ship and cannot find where it is located and it is driving him crazy!!

Have a great trip and enjoy!!

TorontoTL, so glad you love the ship so far. We are on the 10/9 sailing and cannot wait to experience the NY sailway. One question, excatly where is the International Cafe? Is it the same as the Pastiree Bar on other Princess ships?

My husband has checked the layout of the ship and cannot find where it is located and it is driving him crazy!!

We were on board on 7/2. The Patissiere is right across from where the library generally is on the grand class ships, you will find Vines (the wine and sushi bar) where the library is normally located. It is a beautiful place to spend time. We so enjoyed the entertainment, the cookies (of course), the tomato/basil/mozarella sandwiches, the shrimp salad......

Oh one thing that I really love about this ship already I forgot to mention. As I sit here in this internet cafe I can here the beautiful sounds of string music wafting in from the Piazza. How lovely! Something I wasn't expecting. I found myself clapping for them between songs. Now that is a nice way to spend a few minutes on the internet!;)

At night you will hear the music from Crooners 2 decks above. Another nice added touch.

If you spend any time sitting by the International Cafe look for Jacquelyn and Arpon. They are two nice young girls that took good care of us on the 9/12 sailing. They made sure we always had fresh cookies. If you see them tell them Paul and Judy say hello.The baker told my husband he was their best customer.

Have a wonderful 9 days...

Thanks for the posts!! We sail 10/27 and cannot wait!! It is our first Princess cruise (though we've been on 20 or so others). I read the Princess board everyday and was concerned about some of the things said about problems with the ship. So glad to hear your positive comments!

I'll be watching for more posts....

Jkloni, come over and join our roll call. We have almost 200 people in the CC group.:D

l

We are on the 10/9 cruise and were wonderng if Maurizio was still performing on the Crown .

We are not on the Crown but sailed the inagural, Maurizo left the ship on Aug. 7 and returned to the Golden, they will be sailing out of New Orleans for three cruises in Dec., we are considering the new years cruise, just to dance with him again.

You will however find the Pete Nilson duo in Wheelhouse, they are a fabulous duo. Enjoy the Crown.

The International Cafe is in the Piazza (atrium area) on the Plaza deck. One thing I noticed is that on the Princess brochures they have the Plaza deck wrong for the Crown Princess. They have the layout printed for the Caribbean Princess instead. Don't worry the International Cafe is there and great so far.:)

Reporting in on this warm Sunday on the Crown Princess. Last nights dinner was good. I had the salad, beef broth soup and the Prime Rib done to perfection followed by the delicous ship made hazelnut ice cream. We didn't go to a show at all since we had such a long day. We walked around the ship and acquainted ourselves with some of the new features. The sailaway buffet was busy and they had tons of lobster, crab and shrimp for those who were up there. In fact I think the buffet was busier than the dining room.

Had a great nights sleep in our inside cabin which was wonderful with the new bedding along with a thick foam mattress top that we had requested upon arrival to our cabin from our cabin steward Jerry who has been great so far. Nice and friendly and there when you need him. The AC has been fine around the ship, no different from the others that we have been on. I always find the dining rooms a bit cool. Our cabin was fine with the AC on max. It may for very cozy sleeping under the fluffy comforter. Breakfast was my usual bowl of berries and plates of fresh fruit. I think over the years I've become accustomed to the Princess coffee. It is fine in the dining room. I have my coffee card so I'll have my cappucino later this morning.

We have our CC meeting today in the Skywalkers lounge at 10 am and a FOD meeting booked for 130 pm in the Wheelhouse Bar. No other plans so far for this day at sea. We'll just play it by ear.

Hi Toronto - Did they put the duvet's in inside/balcony cabins on the Crown? I am not a fan of the comforters they have in the regular cabins on other ships and often bring my own blanket when not in a minisuite. IF they did - that would be wonderful.

Archived