Luggage ready by 5pm on last night

JackieB

My in-laws have their bags all packed up and ready to go home the morning of the last full day, so they are one of the ones who have their bags out early.

As I am usually almost all packed before dinner, except for what I am wearing, I put all the luggage out as we leave for dinner. What I leave in the cabin is one smallish rolling suitcase, one I used to (pre new regulations) use as a carry-on on my way TO a vacation. I put whatever we wore for dinner, all our toiletries, etc., in it the morning we disembark and roll it off the ship, but then I check it at the airport instead of carrying it on.

I have put luggage out as late as 3AM, but rarely. On my last few cruises, I have put dirty clothing into a rolling duffle as I finish with them. This helps with having a bag already packed. I usually find that it is somewhat difficult for me to get all of my bags out before 10PM...

Stewards were not collecting luggage on CB a couple of weeks ago.. some was out by 5:00 but looked like most folks put theirs out around 7-8:00.. didn't see any much later... they asked for the "majority" of luggage to be out by 5 if possible ..

Hmmm, that's odd. When I was on the CB last Christmas and the Grand in June the Stewards removed our luggage. :confused: They were putting them on the dollies anyway.

On our Caribbean Princess cruise we were told 5pm also, but I talked to my room steward and he said we didnt have to do that. I felt a little better about not abiding by the request since I got and "extension".

posted by P.A. - Just curious.....for those that put their luggage out at different times, where one was picked up earlier than the other....were they all together when you picked them up at disembarktion?

P.A. - When we got our luggage, it was in a general area, but not all side by side. One this is for sure, on the next cruise, I plan to get some little tassle or identifier. I had black luggage along with 100's of other folks which meant I had to read names to find mine!

I admit, that is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen a cruise ship request. Nodoby but a newbie would put out their luggage before they went to dinner, that is just plain ridiculous.

I have to agree with you..........Heck, at 5pm , I am usually still in the shower after a day at the pool! :eek:

Just curious.....for those that put their luggage out at different times, where one was picked up earlier than the other....were they all together when you picked them up at disembarktion?

I happened to notice that the folks in the next cabin to us had one bag out at about 6pm. When we got back from dinner, that bag was gone. When we put our bags out about 11, our "neighbors" had the rest of their baggage out. We happened to see them at the cruise terminal and all their bags were together.

Archived