Ultimate Balcony Dining = Nominal Charge?

JolleyRoger

As listed at Princess.com...

Sabatini's - Cover Charge

Bayou Cafe - Cover Charge

Ultimate Balcony Dining - Nominal Charge

nominal, token(a), tokenish

insignificantly small; a matter of form only (`tokenish' is informal); "the fee was nominal"; "a token gesture of resistance"; "a tokenish gesture"

From reading here at CC, I've gathered that UBD for dinner is $100 per couple.

Maybe it's just me, but Princess' language is a bit misleading... especially since they don't list the amount. From what I have found, it's the most expensive dining experience you can have on the ship.

That being said... I have also read the UBD experience is truly a great one... and I have yet to read a bad review. So... it very well could be a nominal charge considering what you get in return.

Still... $100 and Nominal Charge does not equate to me.

Ah, but the ultimate balcony breakfast is worth it at $25 a couple - far more than enough for breakfast, including champagne.

Is this available on the CB? Can you pre-order or is it something you have to do after boarding? Have an upcoming Jan 07 cruise and have heard rave reviews on this and would LOVE to surprise my hubby!! ( Yes, we have a balcony so this would be a real treat and more affordable than the dinner )

Is this available on the CB? Can you pre-order or is it something you have to do after boarding? Have an upcoming Jan 07 cruise and have heard rave reviews on this and would LOVE to surprise my hubby!! ( Yes, we have a balcony so this would be a real treat and more affordable than the dinner )

Yes, it is available. No, you have to make the reservation as soon as you board the plane since they have a rather limited amount of UBDs available per day.

Yes, it is available. No, you have to make the reservation as soon as you board the plane since they have a rather limited amount of UBDs available per day.

do you get the flight attendant to call the ship or what? How does that work? Do all the airlines provide this service? Do you have to be a frequent flyer with the airline? Is there a charge? Inquiring minds want to know!!!!

Bill

do you get the flight attendant to call the ship or what? How does that work? Do all the airlines provide this service? Do you have to be a frequent flyer with the airline? Is there a charge? Inquiring minds want to know!!!!

Bill

Bill we all know that was a typeo-they meant ship.

You are not funny.

Be careful now-we will be looking for all your mistakes.

Bill

actually, I thought it was funny (for this time in the morning)..and it caused me to have to re-read the post a couple of times before I figured out the context

actually, I thought it was funny (for this time in the morning)..and it caused me to have to re-read the post a couple of times before I figured out the context

Started my day out with a chuckle LOL :D

We thought the $50 per person charge for the UBD was well worth it. Don't think the alternative restaurants include wine and cocktails in their $20-$30 charge do they? Nor do they include a bouquet of flowers for your cabin or the private in room service on your balcony, or a photo.

I surprised my hubby with it and it was definitely worth it.

I tried ordering this on the Celebrations order form for our upcoming cruise. I don't know why they list it in the Cruise Answer book if you can't order it until you get to the ship. I didn't find out it wouldn't be ordered until someone mentioned in the roll call thread that they got a call from Princess saying that you have to wait until you get on the ship.

I really do want to do this with my DH for our anniversary during our cruise. Are there directions on how to order this once you get on board, say in your cabin or something. Otherwise, how does one go about ordering the UBD once you get on board?

I tried ordering this on the Celebrations order form for our upcoming cruise. I don't know why they list it in the Cruise Answer book if you can't order it until you get to the ship. I didn't find out it wouldn't be ordered until someone mentioned in the roll call thread that they got a call from Princess saying that you have to wait until you get on the ship.

I really do want to do this with my DH for our anniversary during our cruise. Are there directions on how to order this once you get on board, say in your cabin or something. Otherwise, how does one go about ordering the UBD once you get on board?

just call room service from your cabin phonne,,,,send DH on an errand and call

I just booked the breakfast over the phone for my upcoming Crown cruise. I just pre-ordered it and paid for it. They didn't ask me what day I wanted it. I believe that is done onboard.

Bill, thanks for the laugh!

Bill we all know that was a typeo-they meant ship.

You are not funny.

Be careful now-we will be looking for all your mistakes.

My apologies to anyone I have offended.

Look around for my mistakes, you'll find plenty! Make em all the time, just like everyone else. When I get kidded about them I just laugh. That's just me though. I should be more aware that others are more sensitive than I.

Again my apologies.

Bill

My apologies to anyone I have offended.

Look around for my mistakes, you'll find plenty! Make em all the time, just like everyone else. When I get kidded about them I just laugh. That's just me though. I should be more aware that others are more sensitive than I.

Again my apologies.

Bill

How anyone can get through this life without laughing & enjoying each others slips... I don't know. A little good natured ribbing is healthy IMO... I didn't think you crossed a line at all.

I can just see it... [Gripping Flight Attendents lapels:] "Maam! I must contact my ship! I must contact my ship!!":D Could be a scene from "Airplane!".

Again my apologies.

Bill

Bill, just remember to use a smiley next time. Some people take things a little too seriously. :) I thought it was funny. I can just see it - couple calls down to the purser's desk, DEMANDING their breakfast. "Dammit, we ordered it on the plane just like we were told! Now get it up here and make it snappy!" :)

The two times that we had the breakfast, we didn't have a choice of days. They say it will be on a sea day, but on both ships it was only offered on one day, and that wasn't the day I would have preferred (of course, we had it anyway, but it would have been nice to have had a choice of days.) Nancy

It's 50 per person...$100/couple for the dinner. $25/couple for the breakfast.

It's actually $100/couple ... we tried to order the UBD with our friend who was traveling solo ... the only way they would do it is if we paid $200, as if 2 couples. :mad: Our friend had already paid 200% for her cruise, we couldn't ask her to pay that too.

Bill, I thought that was funny - even if I had made the "typo". We all need to be able to laugh at ourselves a little more and not take things so seriously.

Thanks for posting again. It makes me feel better that I didn't upset you. I didn't mean my post in a mean spirited way. Justa little good natured kidding.

As SpongeRob said, I probably should have used the smiley faces, like :D

Take care

Bill

Archived