HAL can't do teatime

laidbackin LA

We missed the High Tea on our last cruise, but we hope that won't happen on our next one in Nov.

Boards, the same thing happened to us on our first HAL cruise this summer; we simply ran out of time (and stomach space) to indulge in the Royal Dutch High Tea when it was offered. However, I plan to attend the Royal Dutch tea on Amsterdam this December on our holiday cruise. According to our "Holiday Cruises" brochure, there will be "holiday cookies and pastries" served as a special addition to the regular fare. If this thread is still going, and it looks as if it might be;) , I'll report on our HAL "high tea" (or "afternoon tea") when we get back.

Karin, who digresses frequently from the topic at hand, very sorry:o

Boards, the same thing happened to us on our first HAL cruise this summer; we simply ran out of time (and stomach space) to indulge in the Royal Dutch High Tea when it was offered. However, I plan to attend the Royal Dutch tea on Amsterdam this December on our holiday cruise. According to our "Holiday Cruises" brochure, there will be "holiday cookies and pastries" served as a special addition to the regular fare. If this thread is still going, and it looks as if it might be;) , I'll report on our HAL "high tea" (or "afternoon tea") when we get back.

Karin, who digresses frequently from the topic at hand, very sorry:o

If you're real lucky, moeder van middelbare leeftijd, maybe they'll serve you oliebollen:) at the Royal Dutch High Tea - t'is afterall a Holiday cruise!;)

It absolutely amazes me the amount of interest in HAL's Tea and their High Dutch Tea.

We have NEVER even thought to attend tea. When in London, we never miss it. Our favorite hotel in Burmingham, MI serves delightful tea and when there, we never miss it.

On HAL ships, we have never seen it, no one we chat with aboard has ever mentioned going, we see it in the daily program so certainly know it exists but I'm stunned to read so many comments about it.

Guess we'll have to re-think giving it a 'peek' when on Noordam in January.

Hopefully we will attend the Royal Dutch Tea on the Statendam and be able to report back to you by Dec. 15. Will that be too late?

How kind of you; thank you Boards! Our cruise doesn't depart until December 19th, so your information will be very timely.:)

Karin

Say what? Unfortunately, I still haven't learned Dutch. I keep promising myself I'll at least learn a few words. Translation please??? :)

"Pofferjes" or "poffertjes" (I've seen both spellings, and don't know which one is accurate, as I only learned my Dutch orally from my mother), are small Dutch pancakes that you can eat with butter and powdered sugar.

And I don't know why all the interest in the Royal Dutch High Tea. Maybe it has something to do with the increasing dark, cold, wet weather as winter approaches?

Karin

Say what? Unfortunately, I still haven't learned Dutch. I keep promising myself I'll at least learn a few words. Translation please??? :)

S7S; Poffertjes: are a traditional Dutch treat and look like tiny pancakes, but they are much sweeter. In contrast with pancakes, poffertjes are turned before one side is completely done, which results in a much softer core than pancakes have.Typically, poffertjes are served with powdered sugar and butter.

Karin, they were making them fresh and serving them on Prinsendam during lunch in the Lido! Heerlijk/Good stuff!

"Pofferjes" or "poffertjes" (I've seen both spellings, and don't know which one is accurate

You've got to have the "t" in it;)

They were on the ms Noordam IV before. Hope they are now too as well the stew.

Your dog is it German? s the Belgians are darker.:eek: They also eat more frites for treats.

S7S; Poffertjes: are a traditional Dutch treat and look like tiny pancakes, but they are much sweeter. In contrast with pancakes, poffertjes are turned before one side is completely done, which results in a much softer core than pancakes have.Typically, poffertjes are served with powdered sugar and butter.

Karin, they were making them fresh and serving them on Prinsendam during lunch in the Lido! Heerlijk/Good stuff!

You've got to have the "t" in it;)

Archived