Couple of questions...

What types of juices are available on board? I have a toddler who drinks juice. Want to make sure he is covered.

Does the drape in the bedroom go all the way across, to separate a sleeping child so we can watch t.v.?

Is there the infamous 1 outlet near the vanity?

Do they have life vests for toddlers? If so, how do you keep your child from freaking out with one on during the muster drill? And another follow-up, how do you even hold them with that thing on? haha

Good questions... we've cruised when our son was 11 months and are cruising again Dec 3rd on the Mariner when he's 2 years, 1 month old. I think the answer for the outlet is probably the standard one. I've heard it's smart to bring a power strip for use in your cabin.. we are this time. It's our first time in a suite so can't answer on the drape yet. As for the life vests I'm sure they have appropriate sizes. CJ barely fit in the infant one at 11 months and it was one challenge to get him in it and hold him in it while in our own! Here's a photo from last time.. still makes me laugh!! http://www.david-and-francesca.com/images/cruise%202005/Photo_100205_002.jpg

Juices are only available in the morning. I have seen orange and apple juice in the windjammer. In the dining room for breakfast I have had cranberry juice. I would suggest if you are concerned about juice for your toddler, that you bring an insulated mug and fill it up in the windjammer at breakfast or bring the bottled juice for babies from home.

I think it depends on which ship you are on whether or not the drape goes all the way across. I haven't had one go across all the way, but I haven't been in any suites other than junior suites.

I have also only seen one outlet on each of the ships I have been on. However, in their regulations RCI says you can't bring power strips.

Life vests are available for all ages. As far as carrying your son, sorry can't answer that for y ou.

Enjoy your cruise.

Katie

Francesca:

I will look just like you, except WITHOUT a smile on my face. haha So when you say, it barely fit him (the infant vest) was it TOO small or TOO big? Ryan is 15 months and I am certainly not looking forward to keeping in any type of vest. Maybe the screaming will makethem go through the drill a little faster. haha

Just got back from Navigator with a 14 month old. He was kept in great supply with apple juice all day, including dinner. All we had to do was ask for it in the windjammer. They were very helpful!

As far as your life vest question: There were no infant or child life vests in our room when we arrived. We called our attendant twice before muster and he kept saying they will be there soon. Well, muster started without their vests. They told us to just go to muster without the kid's vests and they will be delivered later. They never came the whole week, and I am ashamed to say, I forgot all about them.:o Strangely, they never batted an eye during muster that my kids did not have their vests.:eek:

What types of juices are available on board? I have a toddler who drinks juice. Want to make sure he is covered.

Does the drape in the bedroom go all the way across, to separate a sleeping child so we can watch t.v.?

Is there the infamous 1 outlet near the vanity?

Do they have life vests for toddlers? If so, how do you keep your child from freaking out with one on during the muster drill? And another follow-up, how do you even hold them with that thing on? haha

If you want unlimited juices through the day, you'll need to buy the soda/juice card. It's just $4/day + 15% gratuity for a child. You can get all the juice you want at breakfast, but after that, there's a charge. That's when the card comes in handy.

The curtain only separates the cabin completely in a GS (& above, though I personally have only stayed in a GS, never an OS or RS.)

Of course they have child-sized life vests. If there isn't one in your cabin at boarding, tell your cabin steward and s/he will get you one.

I have seen many a parent holding many a vested toddler; they didn't seem to be having a problem.

Bon Voyage! :)

Francesca:

I will look just like you, except WITHOUT a smile on my face. haha So when you say, it barely fit him (the infant vest) was it TOO small or TOO big? Ryan is 15 months and I am certainly not looking forward to keeping in any type of vest. Maybe the screaming will makethem go through the drill a little faster. haha

CJ has always been 97+% in terms of height and the infant vest goes on like a bodysuit and it was barely long enough for his torso. He was in in 24 mos size back then if that helps you get an idea. Don't forget to hunt down your cabin steward too because they didn't have his vest out till we asked for it.

Was on the Mariner last week. We had an interior cabin. The drapes do go all the way across. The annoying part is that the main cabin lightswitch is attached to a light over the desk/loveseat area AND a light over the bed. There are some vanity lights that are pretty bright on each side of the mirror, though, and you can always leave the bathroom light on if you need some illumination besides what the TV provides.

Mariner had orange juice and apple juice each morning, in the Windjammer.

There were two outlets in our stateroom that were above the desk. It looked like there was a third outlet, but it looked like it was designed for European plugs.

Thank you all so much for the info. I did just buy some individual juices to keep us stocked. Glad to hear about the curtain in the interior. We are in a deluxe balcony, so I am hoping it is the same. I can work with the lighting issue. I am also bringing a small fan to drown out some noise from the t.v.

Did any of you bring a pack n play or did you find theirs sufficient? And do the pack n play sheets fits on there?

On the Mariner they gave us an evenflo babygo for the pack and play. I wish I had packed a sheet but forgot so ended up just having a blanket wrapped around the bottom board. CJ outgrew the max height and weight on his pack-n-play this spring so we have bed trained at home since he turned 18 months so he can handle a trip. We got a cabin with a sofabed for him although knowing him he'll be trying to climb in with us!

Was on the Mariner last week. We had an interior cabin. The drapes do go all the way across. The annoying part is that the main cabin lightswitch is attached to a light over the desk/loveseat area AND a light over the bed. There are some vanity lights that are pretty bright on each side of the mirror, though, and you can always leave the bathroom light on if you need some illumination besides what the TV provides.

Mariner had orange juice and apple juice each morning, in the Windjammer.

There were two outlets in our stateroom that were above the desk. It looked like there was a third outlet, but it looked like it was designed for European plugs.

Or unscrew the lightbulbs you don't want on.

Archived