Coffee drinks

doctornursejan

I just got off a RCL:NYSE Ship..

HAL is about Seven Steps closer to heaven.

Yes drinks I have seen with keepsake glasses.. I drink mostly Dr. Pepper which i bring.

Which ship of HALs 13 are you going on?:cool:

We are going for our first cruise on HAL (RCCL previously). I looked at the gifts list for HAL and saw a coffee drink card with travel mug-how much are individual coffee drinks-mochas etc??? Also, do they have drinks that you can keep the glass? Thanks fdor your help! Jan

Second Largest in the World as well on the NEW YORK STOCK EXCHANGE (NYSE)

they give twice the OBC as CCL:NYSE , HALs parent and saviour, for Shareholders...:eek: dont you pay for your cruises by dividends too? :D

I've never heard of that cruise line .... care to elaborate?

:confused:

We are going for our first cruise on HAL (RCCL previously). I looked at the gifts list for HAL and saw a coffee drink card with travel mug-how much are individual coffee drinks-mochas etc??? Also, do they have drinks that you can keep the glass? Thanks fdor your help! Jan

Hi Jan:

The Explorations Cafe on most of the HAL ships has speciality coffees available for about $2 (if I recall correctly). They use Torrefazione coffee, which is very good. You can get all kinds of coffee drinks a la Starbucks. If you order cappuccino or espresso in the dining room after dinner, there is no charge. You can also purchase more elaborate dessert coffee drinks in the Explorer's Lounge (not to be confused with the Explorations Cafe). Yes, there are drinks that you can buy with a keepsake glass.

On Oosterdam, Zuiderdam, and Westerdam you will find a Windstar Cafe instead of the Explorations Cafe, where you can purchase speciality coffees for a reasonable fee.

Coffee, regular and decaf, is always available throughout the day in the Lido, for no charge. If you are in a suite or penthouse (Categories PH, SA, SB, and SC) there is a wonderful espresso/cappuccino/coffee machine in the Neptune Lounge available to you, also at no additional charge.

If you're a big speciality coffee drinker, then the coffee drink card with mug would be a good purchase for you.

Karin

How much is the coffee drink card? and how many drinks is it for?...........jean:cool:

Jean, I think it's item #1944 in the online gift order form you can download from the HAL website. For $39.25, you get a coffee card good for 8 specialty coffees and a keepsake HAL coffee mug. Here's the link. You know, on further reflection, it's cheaper for "doctornursejan" to bring her own mug from home and just buy her fancy coffees as she needs them. (Unless she would really like a HAL commuter coffee mug).

Karin

Thanks for all your replies~I am going on Noordam on 12/6/06 and I am excited to be "moving up to the grown-ups table" ....I was trying to calculate if it was a good deal for 8 coffee drinks and the cup for 40.00, sounds like I should bring my own cup and order my foo-foo coffee drink in the dining room. Is that same deal (free) included at breakfast/lunch in the dining room? Thanks for your help! Jan

During any meal in the dining room, espresso and cappucino are no extra charge. If you have any liquor added to them, then a charge is added.

Our TA gave my girlfriend a coffee card this summer on our Maasdam cruise. She is a real coffee drinker and though we were in "S" suites and she had use of the wonderful Neptune Lounge coffee machine, she had fun with the coffee card. Each time she got a coffee, she tried a different flavor. The mug she got was nice. It was a thoughtful gift.

I've read lots on these boards about the specialty coffee drinks that are free at mealtimes. How about the specialty tea drinks---especially chai latte? Does anyone know if this is available (on the Rotterdam)? I'm afraid that I'm almost (but not quite!:)) as addicted to chai latte as I am to cruising!!

sounds like I should bring my own cup and order my foo-foo coffee drink in the dining room. Is that same deal (free) included at breakfast/lunch in the dining room? Thanks for your help! Jan

I'm 99% sure the only cafe drinks in the dinning room will be espresso or cappuccinos (or reg coffee). It's what the machines make. No foo-foo such as mocha's or shoots of flavors have I ever seen for free (or for a charge) in the dinning room. Never asked for one at breakfast or lunch, but give it a try:)

John

I've read lots on these boards about the specialty coffee drinks that are free at mealtimes. How about the specialty tea drinks---especially chai latte? Does anyone know if this is available (on the Rotterdam)? I'm afraid that I'm almost (but not quite!:)) as addicted to chai latte as I am to cruising!!

Wandb:

If you scroll back up to Candy's post #7, you will see a link to the Windstar Cafe menu. It mentions both Iced Chai Latte and Chai Tea Latte. Therefore, I have to assume it's an item that is available on all the HAL ships, whether it be in the Windstar Cafe (Zuiderdam, Oosterdam, Westerdam) or the Explorations Cafe ( on all the other ships, with the exception of Prinsendam, which has an internet cafe).

Karin

I likely would not be served in the dining room but at Windstar Cafe.

For a charge......

I think the prices they charge for the specialty coffees is very fair in comparison to what they charge locally for all those coffees.

I likely would not be served in the dining room but at Windstar Cafe.

For a charge......

I think the prices they charge for the specialty coffees is very fair in comparison to what they charge locally for all those coffees.

Archived