Printing Cruise Documents

cynt

Is it required to enter your credit card information in order to print your cruise documents? I didn't enter mine and it says my docs aren't available because I didn't complete my credit card information. Is there a way around this?

A side note - I booked through a TA. Could this perhaps have anything to do with it?

Should not have anything to do with the TA as the online stuff is done directly through Princess regardless of how the booking is made. What are you trying to print out? An E ticket? You might call Princess directly and ask them the generic question about the info that is required and that you are having trouble. Make sure you have your booking number when you call. Sometime they will talk to you sometimes they will make you go through the TA. :)

Is it required to enter your credit card information in order to print your cruise documents? I didn't enter mine and it says my docs aren't available because I didn't complete my credit card information. Is there a way around this?

A side note - I booked through a TA. Could this perhaps have anything to do with it?

From what I have been told, that all depends. We are Elite with Princess and do not need to enter our CC info to print our boarding passes and such. Others on our roll call that are not platinum or Elite can not seem to get them to print until they put in the credit card number.

You might call your TA and have them give the information to Princess over the phone if you are not comfortable with putting it online, they might be able to take it from there.

All passengers need a credit card to post their shipboard expenses to unless they have a cash deposit. You can not print the boarding pass without the credit card info in there - I am a past passenger and still had to put it in. (However not Elite). Your daughter would need a credit card entered for her - for my kids they obviously used my credit card and their boarding passes have my credit card info on them. Just a side note though when it asks if they are the card holder put yes - if you put no - for instance we have passengers using different credit cards the boarding pass puts the credit card # for the first passenger regardless of what is put in the personalizer - Princess has the right # but it puts the wrong one on the boarding pass. Also you don't need to even print this as it is not required at the port.

Thanks for the quick responses. Today was the 'PRINT THE CRUISE DOC" day for me. Just a special day I set aside for me to help me get through the rest of the week. So you can imagine how disappointed I was when it said docs are unavailable.

Thanks again for the clarification!!!

Mom,

i don't quite understand what you mean about checking the box that asks if you are the credit card owner. The credit card I am using is in my name only and not my wife. Why don't I want to check the box that asks if she is the owner of the card??? I plan on using my # for her on the cruise information..

Mom,

i don't quite understand what you mean about checking the box that asks if you are the credit card owner. The credit card I am using is in my name only and not my wife. Why don't I want to check the box that asks if she is the owner of the card??? I plan on using my # for her on the cruise information..

Daniel, I hope this helps. My DCIL (cousin in law) put my DC (cousin) as the card holder and then tried to put herself as such w/the same number and it wouldn't accept it. She needed to put in a different card since she was trying to be the owner. Well, when I entered my credit card information, I put myself as the owner & then just added my DH as a user, along w/the kids. It took it w/out problem.

In other words, the system is taking one owner for each card number per booking. I hope that makes sense. :o :confused:

I am planning on using cash, but I still needed to put in a card number in order to get my e-docs.

Good luck, Deanna

I think I understand. I'll be the owner and have my wife as a user. Hopefully it will not create any problems....
That should be fine. The "owner" is the person whose name is on the credit card you're using. If you have a credit card number with 2 cards issued, with a 2nd person on the card, you are still the "owner." In other words, you are the primary person on the credit card account.

I just ran into the same problem when printing out my documents. I printed my husband's first and put him as the owner, since we are co-owners of the card. When I went in to print mine it wouldn't let me print them when I said I was the owner. When I said he was the owner they printed out. Go figure! Actually, the card is in MY name! I don't care as long as I can get on the ship!!!!

Archived