November or February in ANZAC?

shedridt

I'm trying to compare two cruises - different lines (Crystal & RSSC) - to Australia & NZ in late 2007 & early 2008. The cruise lines are a whole different issue, but weather is going to be a deciding factor. Better to be in ANZAC in November or February??? When do we have the best shot at warm clear weather?

Thanks!

Speaking of Australia only .... I would pick November.

Here it is 25c today in Brisbane and it was 35c yesterday. The seasons are just turning. It gets a bit back and forward... but generally quiet pleasant ... before the full humidity of summer arrives.

Depending on where you are going in Australia, the Cyclone (Hurricane) season is well and truly active during February. Very generally, north of Brisbane you will get affected by a visiting Cyclone itself, south of Brisbane, you will just get the big seas.

Speaking of Australia only .... I would pick November.
As a non-native, I didn't want to jump in. But when I first saw this question, my first reaction was November too. In Sydney, I've had some lovely weather in November. And sometimes February is so hot that I just want to stay indoors in air-conditioned shopping centres, which rather takes away the point of going.

I would choose February as it is our driest month though Sydney can be very hot and humid then.

Living in Melbourne, February is dry and hot (not humid) whereas November is quite changeable. One day sunny and warm, next day cool and drizzly though with our drought I doubt if you will see much rain in either month.

I think February would be the better time for New Zealand too.

Jennie

Our weather was exactly as Jennie described in February. I would imagine that southern NZ could be rather cold in November. Another thing to consider is the conditions in the Tasman Sea. We had a wonderful crossing, where it could be very rough during stormy weather.

I'm trying to compare two cruises - different lines (Crystal & RSSC) - to Australia & NZ in late 2007 & early 2008. The cruise lines are a whole different issue, but weather is going to be a deciding factor. Better to be in ANZAC in November or February??? When do we have the best shot at warm clear weather?

Thanks!

hi, just for your information ANZAC actually stands for australian new zealand army corp , hope you not planning at spending time there!!!:D :D especially as you want to have the best "shot":D

You will enjoy your time here no matter whcih month you come but if i had to choose one, it would be november as feb can still have some humid weather in sydney

Archived