I am a bit embarassed to ask, but i need to know. Swimwear and aft balcony?

LolaWiz

That's true, John. I think she should post a picture and we can all weigh in on it. The women will all be thinking "Jeez, she looks better than I do, go for it!" The straight men will all be thinking "Thank you." And the gay men will all be thinking "You look fabulous!"

End result: do it.

Carla, since a GIRL asked for it, i will when i get home! :D

I want honest opinions too!

PS, as much as i appricate having an admirer, i don't think the husband would like it!

Carla, since a GIRL asked for it, i will when i get home! :D

I want honest opinions too!

PS, as much as i appricate having an admirer, i don't think the husband would like it!

Whoo Hoo :D

Wait a minute, we will not have to start giving a credit card number to access this thread, will we? ;)

Sounds like a bunch of pervs on this thread!!!

Have a great time Lola, I'll be in my "bikini" the week before you!!

I strongly resemble that remark! Fred Flinstone and I just want to give an honest opinion based on prima facia evidence

But then I don't do the speedo thing either.. *L*

Will tell you that in our self appointed roles (4 of us, DWs included) as fashion police at HMC 2 weeks ago, 75% of the women wearing bikinis probably should not have been.

Did enjoy the 25% who passed muster though.

On the other hand, you're on vacation and if you don't have a problem with it all hanging out, then just tell the fashion police to go to hell.

Been wearing a one piece for years.. *wink*

OK, OK after being married for 33 yrs I should have known that no good would come from that post

so choose door #2 - tell the fashion police to stuff it and do as you please..

Been wearing a one piece for years.. *wink*

OK, OK after being married for 33 yrs I should have known that no good would come from that post

so choose door #2 - tell the fashion police to stuff it and do as you please..

Or choose door #3, the "to each his/her own" door! The fashion police does not have any authority to get involved in this topic. Last time I checked, unlike the dress code in the diningroom, HAL does not have a code for bathing suits (except that you have to wear one) at the pool and can't appear in one without covering up in the Lido restaurant.

What you wear when you can't be seen by others needs no discussion.

As to what to wear when you are in public and can be seen I suggest you ask yourself this:

If another person---also out in public---were to take a picture of me and post it on Cruise Critic, how would I feel?

If you are all right with the answer then wear the bathing suit of your choice. If not, then don't.

Any kind of bathing suit that you would see on a beach or public pool, will be seen on a cruise ship.

As long as your bathing suit is "appropriate" for the average beach, it will be fine for your balcony ... and for the pool areas around the ship. If others are offended by it, well ... that's their problem, not yours. Then can simply not look, right?

Of course, if you're going to wear it at the pool, be sure to bring along a cover-up for when you have to walk through the Lido and elevator lobby to get back to your cabin.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Lola:

I never looked so good, even in my flight attendant days many years ago. I think you look GREAT!!:) Perfectly OK by my standards! (I see there is a bandaid on your tummy; hope you are OK?)

Karin

aww... thanks, that is actually my ortho-evra birth control patch. I dont wear it there on holiday, but for now, its where it should be. :)

Itlooks great. You'll be fine! It's a little on the sexy side but hey- if you can rock a suit like that you're almost OBLIGATED to. Do it for the rest of us who can't! (Well, I could use the top as a headband, I guess).

carla, thank you for your input, it means a lot to me that "support" me. on most other boards i frequent, the girls/women are very catty and horrid.

carla, thank you for your input, it means a lot to me that "support" me. on most other boards i frequent, the girls/women are very catty and horrid.

No prob! I hear you- but the HAL board is very mellow. Carnival would eat you alive for this entire thread!

I figured it was a transdermal nicotine patch...

Archived