I am a bit embarassed to ask, but i need to know. Swimwear and aft balcony?

LolaWiz

<deep breath>

ok, my hubby got me a very nice swimsuit that is not itsy bitsy, but it is not very conservative either.

We have an aft cabin and from the wonderful photos i have been seeing, a great verandah as well.

My question to everyone is this:

Is it not appropriate to wear my swimsuit on our verandah since anyone on decks above could see down?

I do not want to offend anyone, and i am ok with things like this (have gone nude in St. Maarten, etc) thats not a problem for me, would it be for anyone else?

</deep breath>:o

what about around the aft pool (since its supposed to be adults only) then as well?

Any kind of bathing suit that you would see on a beach or public pool, will be seen on a cruise ship.

Bikinis , teeny bikinis, thongs , you name it. As long as it covers the places its supposed to cover it will be more than fine. And if it is fine to wear by the pool, it will certainly be fine to wear on your own veranda.

Will you get oogled at by the men?......of course :)

Will you get the evil eye from their wives ?.......OH YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA *LOL*

Do you care? ......well that is up tp you.

But it will be fine to wear your bikini on deck at the pool.

ENJOY:)

I agree with babyher - if you've got it, flaunt it :)

Anything other than nude should be acceptable, especially on your own verandah. If they see something they've never seen before, they can throw rocks at it ;)

Have a great cruise!!

LolaWiz, Wear what you like on your balcony. The people on the balconies above should mind their own business & not be peeping toms!

My feelings exactly! I like to sit on the balcony sans clothes and figure if anyone peeks around the partition, they deserve what they get! You get a tax credit for being blind ;-) Enjoy yourself and don't worry what others think - if your happy and hubby is happy, that's all the counts! Enjoy your cruise!

My feelings exactly! I like to sit on the balcony sans clothes and figure if anyone peeks around the partition, they deserve what they get! You get a tax credit for being blind ;-) Enjoy yourself and don't worry what others think - if your happy and hubby is happy, that's all the counts! Enjoy your cruise!

Wildly applauding! I cruise the SAME WAY!:D:D:D

Do what we do. Go to the uppermost public deck aft to spy on who can see your verandah and how much of the verandah the voyeurs can see.

Clothing optional is definitely the rule and a benefit with these aft cabins. Just nice to know the layout for privacy purposes.

We are on a December sailing of a ship we sailed on 4 years ago but in a different location cabin-wise.

Upon boarding, we must take the obligatory observation from above. Further, tanning hours will be shortened due to daylight savings time. That's the only thing that I dislike about a cruise in the fall/winter. The days are shorter and we aren't ones to awake at the crack of dawn. April is our favorite month to cruise. So be it...

Good luck to you on your tanning plans.

<deep breath>

ok, my hubby got me a very nice swimsuit that is not itsy bitsy, but it is not very conservative either.

We have an aft cabin and from the wonderful photos i have been seeing, a great verandah as well.

My question to everyone is this:

Is it not appropriate to wear my swimsuit on our verandah since anyone on decks above could see down?

I do not want to offend anyone, and i am ok with things like this (have gone nude in St. Maarten, etc) thats not a problem for me, would it be for anyone else?

</deep breath>:o

what about around the aft pool (since its supposed to be adults only) then as well?

Wear what you want!

Two brief anecdotes:

1. Imagine my surprise when my 65 year old mother began to frequent the topless deck on Carnival a year ago. I had four kids with me- not that they a) knew or b) cared but I think it adds to Mom's daring reputation.

Me: "Hey Ma, where you been?"

Mom: "WOW, it's so freeing up there! The wind feels so great! Wooo!!"

Me: "Where?"

2. Scene: NCL owned island- Great Stirrup Cay. Approximately 2,000 people at the beach. DH and I go around the point and walk a tiny bit, find gorgeous private beach. DH goes in water, comes out completely naked and starts walking towards me, "Honey, notice anything different about me?" Takes me a minute to realize as his tan is so deep that it looks like he's wearing a white bathing suit.

Me: "$#$#@!@!!! %%$$!!! Hahahahahaaaaaaa!!!!!"

Him: "Hey, are those people walking around the..."

Me: "AHHH! OMG!"

Him: SPLASH!

I would easily go topless in front of all of my kids, have many times, welcome to GREECE, etc etc. Just do what you feel like doing and keep in mind the "shape" of the average cruiser- how small is your suit in comparison?

Vic - easy solution to the kids in the aft pool.. you're close enough to the stern you just grab and pitch overboard.. shouldn't need to do this to more than 5 or 6 before the others get the message

and if their parents are there condoning the intrusion into adults only territory, you'd probably be doing the rest of us a service if you tossed them as well..

and if their parents are there condoning the intrusion into adults only territory, you'd probably be doing the rest of us a service if you tossed them as well..

They're probably too busy climbing from balcony to balcony and accidentally falling overboard.

2. Scene: NCL owned island- Great Stirrup Cay. Approximately 2,000 people at the beach. DH and I go around the point and walk a tiny bit, find gorgeous private beach. DH goes in water, comes out completely naked and starts walking towards me, "Honey, notice anything different about me?" Takes me a minute to realize as his tan is so deep that it looks like he's wearing a white bathing suit.

On HAL's Half Moon Cay, if you look at the island from the ship and look all the way to the left (oposite end of island from HAL Town), you can walk around that point and it's like a private beach. We've done this twice (about a 3-4 mile hike each way but worth it - take water!) There is a beautiful beach out there and the water is even prettier if a little rougher. Once around the point you can wear/do whatever you like as the likely-hood that anyone else willl be there is slim - only a couple people who left early on when were there last time. You can sun/play to you hearts content! Remember to leave enough time to catch the last tender!

In order to get there, you should put your camera/camcorder in a ziplock bag because you'll either have to go out into the water near the point to get there (some snorkle) or climb over some sharp rocks. Sandals are OK but the Teva kind - not flipflops. Shoes would be better for climbing. You should be able to hold your belongings over your head while out in the water but the waves are crashing are quite strong so beware. It's a long walk but worth it! Unfortunately, HMC isn't on our itinerary in Novemember on the Ryndam!

Doug

You just gave away the secret!!! We did that on a beach in Costa Azul. It was a quick, "let's see if we can get away with it" and took a few pics.

Lolawiz, I was talking to some friends the other night about wearing a bikini and they couldn't believe I would. I said there will be at least one person on the ship that looks worse than I do so I'll be ok. And heck, I'll probably never see them again anyway. I'm not fat, but I'm not a bean pole either. Go for it girlfriend!!!

Picture it. My 7 gentlemen friends and I are spending a week on St. Maarten. We have taken a clothing optional day sail from Orient Beach to Tintamar (practically spitting distance off shore). There we are, lounging happily starkers under our umbrellas, when up pull 3, count 'em, 3, huge catamarans filled with cruise ship passengers from the other side of the island. The looks we got :eek: :eek: ! But heck, we were there first.

You just gave away the secret!!! We did that on a beach in Costa Azul. It was a quick, "let's see if we can get away with it" and took a few pics.

Lolawiz, I was talking to some friends the other night about wearing a bikini and they couldn't believe I would. I said there will be at least one person on the ship that looks worse than I do so I'll be ok. And heck, I'll probably never see them again anyway. I'm not fat, but I'm not a bean pole either. Go for it girlfriend!!!

LOL! DO IT!

i am still young and don't really care if others stare, but do not want to offend anyone either.

also, carlalena1,

The suit is a bandeau top and "tanga" bottoms or brazilian hot shorts.

not just a little patch of cloth in three places! :D

Hrmmm....

I might try and temp my hubby to take a hike to the secluded part of the beach :eek: :o

i sure didn't lose the weight i wanted to or get the steel abs i was needing, but i think i'll hold my own!! i started tanning to get a base and that's suppose to make you look thinner too.

just 22 days and i'm sailing!

The suit is a bandeau top and "tanga" bottoms or brazilian hot shorts.

not just a little patch of cloth in three places! :D

Hmm, sounds like we should have pictures of you modelling it so we could make an, ahem, informed decision about advice......;)

I agree with the others that it is your vacation and your verandah and as long as you are not trying to bother other people, it is none of their business what you choose to wear. However, you desire not to offend is also commendable so I think the advice about going to the upper deck and looking down to see what part is visible is the best suggestion you can get. Be daring, relax and have fun.

Now about those pictures...........

Hey Lola, go for it babe! More power to you; just don't start a riot on that aft deck:) I was just thinking though, in order to really give you some professional advice, maybe you could post a pic of that bathing suit with you in it;)

That's true, John. I think she should post a picture and we can all weigh in on it. The women will all be thinking "Jeez, she looks better than I do, go for it!" The straight men will all be thinking "Thank you." And the gay men will all be thinking "You look fabulous!"

End result: do it.

Archived