I am a bit embarassed to ask, but i need to know. Swimwear and aft balcony?

LolaWiz

You certainly wear a swimsuit well.

I am curious about your concern for wearing it on your own cabin veranda and yet here you are, for all the world to see. Your CC profile shows your face and your screen name carries your hometown.

Regardless, it's been fun and I am sure many on this board appreciated the sneak peak. And you look fabulous.

Peace, love and joy to all.

I think you look great in the suit and I would not give it a second thought to wear that suit on the beach, at the pool or especially on your own verandah. I was expecting much worse.

BTW, when I said I would not give it a second thought, I meant for YOU to wear it, not only would a dumpy middle aged man look quite silly in that suit, it is not my color. ;)

In all seriousness, I do not think you should be concerned at all about that suit and you have a body that can support it well. Enjoy. BTW, I was on the Zuiderdam for Thanksgiving last year (on Veendam this year) so I know you will have a great time on the Zuidy this time of year.

You certainly wear a swimsuit well.

I am curious about your concern for wearing it on your own cabin veranda and yet here you are, for all the world to see. Your CC profile shows your face and your screen name carries your hometown.

Regardless, it's been fun and I am sure many on this board appreciated the sneak peak. And you look fabulous.

Peace, love and joy to all.

i am not concerned about ME... i am ok with wearing it.

I simply wanted others opinions. I would not be embaressed if someone post a photo of me on here while on our cruise.

I do want to make sure i am not offending anyone.

On the web here... people can choose to click on my links. Its a bit harder to "ignore" someone when they walk past you to get to the pool bar for a Cosmo. :D

Lola:

I think I understand what Hammybee means. She's worried about sexual predators who may be on the board, who see your pics, your face, and where you live. I must admit I hadn't thought of that, and I understand her concern for you.

Karin

I do think about things like that... There are a lot of photos of my husband and i floating around on the web. (some a little more uhm... well, i had some surgery last year and posted my progress in several place... some may be thinking what, if you look at the photos you will know :o, nevertheless, i am not embarassed about it and do not mind talking openly about things.)

Honestly, thank you for your concern. I know there are a lot of those types of people wandering around the internet, but i know what to post and what not too.

:) I have seen some even post photos of their children on here. That to me is a little scarrier.

Lola:

I think I understand what Hammybee means. She's worried about sexual predators who may be on the board, who see your pics, your face, and where you live. I must admit I hadn't thought of that, and I understand her concern for you.

Karin

Karin, face the fact that we are all guilty of that. I used to put my name with my cruise reviews on another site until a total creep that I know professionally started ribbing me about going on cruises all the time... must be nice... everyone else has to work but not me... who takes care of my kids... etcetera... Then he starts quoting from a review I wrote- right in front of like 5 other people. I was dumbstruck. He said his "wife" got my review in an email from a cruise line (not). I did a google search under my name and there they were.

It doesn't take much to figure out who people are. I know two people from here who post at cruise-chat just from their writing styles- easily confirmed by looking at the birthdates. I have emailed with other posters a hundred times, with our names and personal info shared.

I hate this site but... go to cruise bruise and click on "passenger wall of shame." Very illuminating- everyone should read it.

:) I have seen some even post photos of their children on here. That to me is a little scarrier.

Thanks for pointing that out, Lola. It gives me food for thought. I think I will need to be a little more cautious in the future.

I still think you look great, though. Enjoy your aft balcony!:)

Karin

I have heard that before, ie that putting your real name or such is dangerous and so forth. I looked at cruise bruise and saw the comments about this board. You know what though, I choose not to live my life in fear. If someone wants to track me down so badly, okay. If they do not find you this way, they will find you some other way if they are really that determined so why let them control my fun. I enjoy posting here and discussing cruises. I have learned valuable things (including that you take nice pictures Lolawiz, lest I forget the original purpose of this thread :) ) and been able to make my vacations more enjoyable for me and my family and friends. There are probably things I should do to be more careful but I choose to believe in good and in coming here to relax. Perhaps I will be proven wrong one day but until then, my choice will be that I will not live in fear.

Now if I was a woman who lived single, I would take different precautions so I am not saying that everyone should make the same choice but I think that everyone should make a choice and be comfortable with it. I hope no one spends too much time in fear.

Whew, rant over. Back closer to topic, maybe we should start a Ms. Cruise Critic thread? :D I would say a biggest and hairest belly contest but I would end up seeing a picture of myself someone else might post so I try to keep this away from such things.

getting back on topic :)

Lola ,

You look terrific , I have seen far skimpier looking suits on cruises , beaches , resorts etc. You will be fine.

This thread reminds me of something that happened to a co worker of mine. A few years ago her and her daughter ( a beautiful girl in her early 20s with a gorgeous figure) were in one of the ritzy stores in NYC looking at dresses for the daughter for an upcoming event. The daughter was trying this one and that one on and asking the mother what do you think. Does this one make me look to busty, does this one make me look too hippy. You know how you women are *LOL*

While they are doing this a woman off to the side remarks " Oh what does it matter , when you are as young and gorgeous as you are you look good in anything."

My friend and her daughter turn to look at the woman and it was ..Lauren Bacall.

I know you are young so in case you didn't know she is an actress and former model. Still a beautiful woman now in her 80's , but in her heyday, she was one of the sexiest sultriest women in Hollywood.

They started chatting, and Miss Bacall joked that the daughter should enjoy being gorgeous because before ya know it , you can't wear this because this part of you is sagging, and you can't wear that because something else is drooping *LOL*

My point is (and I do have one *LOL*)

You look terrific, the suit looks terrific, you look terrific in the suit :)

Have a great cruise

ENJOY:)

So true! You are both dead on.

Fred Flintstone: I agree. For God's sake, I put way more "out there" every time I step out of my house and go to work in the most contentious field there is in the world (anyone want to guess?). Obviously people can see my KIDS in real life and probably have a better chance of harming them, or me, or stealing my "valuables" (gotta use quotes there) if they live a few miles away than if they live in Las Vegas and bother to spend hour after hour on... Cruise Critic?

The point is taken, though.

I also agree with the charming Lauren Bacall story. Nice anecdote. :)

So true! You are both dead on.

Fred Flintstone: I agree. For God's sake, I put way more "out there" every time I step out of my house and go to work in the most contentious field there is in the world (anyone want to guess?). Obviously people can see my KIDS in real life and probably have a better chance of harming them, or me, or stealing my "valuables" (gotta use quotes there) if they live a few miles away than if they live in Las Vegas and bother to spend hour after hour on... Cruise Critic?

The point is taken, though.

I also agree with the charming Lauren Bacall story. Nice anecdote. :)

I agree Carla ,

I would be more worried about the guy next door than a guy from Oshkosh on the internet. Although you should always take precautions.

I know anything is possible , and you never know who is out there doing what. But I don't think Cruise Critic is a big gathering place for stalkers and predators. ( Dress code offenders, chair hogs, booze smugglers? YES!!!!! but not Predators and stalkers :) :) :) *LOL)

I worry more about MYSpace and those types of places. Its scary what some of those kids are putting out there :(

I agree Carla ,

I would be more worried about the guy next door than a guy from Oshkosh on the internet. Although you should always take precautions.

I know anything is possible , and you never know who is out there doing what. But I don't think Cruise Critic is a big gathering place for stalkers and predators. ( Dress code offenders, chair hogs, booze smugglers? YES!!!!! but not Predators and stalkers :) :) :) *LOL)

I worry more about MYSpace and those types of places. Its scary what some of those kids are putting out there :(

I KNOW. :(

i had never been on MySpace until a few days ago and i found my younger couisins page... it really scared me. ALL of thier info is on there, what school they go to, etc. These are young girls not even 15/16 y/o posing so provocativly it is frightning.

PS.. i might be younger, but i know who Lauren Bacall is!!!

Lola,

You're braver than I am about posting your pic. but if i had your body, i wouldn't mind posting my pic either. ain't gonna see mine on here!! my boobs would sag out of the bottom of the top, and my bootie couldn't hold up like that!!

IMO, if your husband is ok with it, then you shouldn't have a problem. Be prepared to get some 2nd glances when you walk by some of these "older gents".

Is the bottom of the back a thong (can't tell from the picture)? If so, then IMO I would say it's fine on your verandah..but last month on our Norwegian cruise, I didn't see anything like a thong at the pool, and there were a lot of young people.

Looking at your signature, it looks like you have done a lot of sailing, so you would prob know better than me, what is appropriate.

i am not concerned about ME... i am ok with wearing it.

I simply wanted others opinions. I would not be embaressed if someone post a photo of me on here while on our cruise.

I do want to make sure i am not offending anyone.

On the web here... people can choose to click on my links. Its a bit harder to "ignore" someone when they walk past you to get to the pool bar for a Cosmo. :D

Oh Lola- Come on now. Who is going to be offended by your appearance? Perhaps envious, but certainly not offended. The suit wears you well.

...I hate this site but... go to cruise bruise and click on "passenger wall of shame." Very illuminating- everyone should read it.
Indeed. Especially enlightening is what they say about CruiseCritic.

Yikes, Carlalena, I'm not sure I want to. Maybe ignorance is bliss.....

Karin

Bliss, maybe, but also probably not the best choice of action (or inaction). Knowledge is strength. Get strong.

Archived