"Freedom" to be Topless?

jwattle

Why do American's think it's ubber cold up here...lol. We get the same seasons you do folks! :rolleyes:

Yes you do. We love visiting in early September. It's so nice and warm and pretty. Vancouver is one of our favorite cities. (And I can attest to Canadian toplessness--we stay at the UBC campus and enjoy Wreck Beach quite a bit.):D

beachchick

• 6 years later...

Hi All,

We just got off the Liberty (kicking and screaming, of course), and I just wanted to clarify the status of the topless sunning area.

There is an area at the very top, forward, which is referred to as "St. Tropez". On this deck topless bathing is officially allowed by RCCL. My wife called Guest Relations to make sure before running into an embarrassing situation and was assured that there was no problem at all avoiding those ugly tan lines.

We were cruising from Ft. Lauderdale to Cozumel, so it is apparently allowed anywhere the ship is located, not just in Europe as some have stated. It was empty while in Cozumel, but I think that had more to do with the fact that most people were off the ship, since that deck would not have been visible from any of the other ships in port that day since the Liberty was much higher than any of them, but I'm not sure what the company policy is regarding days in port.

Hope that clears things up.

Hi All,

We just got off the Liberty (kicking and screaming, of course), and I just wanted to clarify the status of the topless sunning area.

There is an area at the very top, forward, which is referred to as "St. Tropez". On this deck topless bathing is officially allowed by RCCL. My wife called Guest Relations to make sure before running into an embarrassing situation and was assured that there was no problem at all avoiding those ugly tan lines.

We were cruising from Ft. Lauderdale to Cancun, so it is apparently allowed anywhere the ship is located, not just in Europe as some have stated. It was empty while in Cancun, but I think that had more to do with the fact that most people were off the ship, since that deck would not have been visible from any of the other ships in port that day since the Liberty was much higher than any of them, but I'm not sure what the company policy is regarding days in port.

Cozumel?

Hi All,

We were cruising from Ft. Lauderdale to Cancun, so it is apparently allowed anywhere the ship is located, not just in Europe as some have stated. It was empty while in Cancun, but I think that had more to do with the fact that most people were off the ship, since that deck would not have been visible from any of the other ships in port that day since the Liberty was much higher than any of them, but I'm not sure what the company policy is regarding days in port.

When I was on the Freedom several years back. I was told that St. Tropez was the topless deck. I alway thought it was true, but this thread had me questioning myself until I read your post.

You are entirely correct...I meant to type Cozumel but my fingers typed Cancun...twice. Apologies for that. :o

Yes, I understand this thread was from 2006, which is why I thought it could use a bit of updating. It is a subject which people still ask about (not just on this site, but in others) and there seems to be lots of confusion about it.

Why do American's think it's ubber cold up here...lol. We get the same seasons you do folks! :rolleyes:

But our summer lasts longer than 2 weeks! Kidding I grew up in sight of Ontario?

Now is about the time somebody pipes in with what they think is the witty, "Its not the people who want to see that go topless anyway" remark. :rolleyes:

Last year Freedom did host a 'clothing optional' charter........... watched the sailaway on webcam..... ;)

Speaking of Freedom and web cams, Carnival Freedom sailing 2/9 is a nude charter. I was wondering if they wait till they get out to sea or not to get fully nude. I was also wondering if the webcam guys know this and respond in any way. I might have to log in just to see, out of intellectual curiosity of course.

just means that some people use the "search" feature. kudos to that ;)

I agree with you, it is nice to have a working search function again, it just gets a little sketchy when people start talking passports and boarding requirements when a thread is almost 7 years old. Topless deck vs no topless deck, not an issue, 7 yr old passport infomation, could be a huge issue.

1) Almost Winter

2) Severe Winter

3) Still Winter

4) July

Close. In Vancouver, where most of those Alaskan cruise embark from it's more like:

1) Winter-ish. Simply put, sweater weather (people back east would laugh at what we call a big snow fall)

2) Pre spring (It's beautiful but still chilly.)

3) Spring

4) Summer

I'm a obsessive/compulsive gardener. So I spend a lot of time paying attention to our weather patterns. :D

Archived