Easiest way to win a ship-on-a stick is...

TexasAlexus

...please complete this sentence. We are about to go on our 4th Carnival cruise and I have yet to win a ship-on -a -stick. I can't sing, so Karaoke is out. I have no luck, so Bingo isn't looking too promising either. And the hairy chest competetion- well is a definate no! Just how have you CC members won yours? Please share!

On the Miracle while Derfette was hugging the cruise host for winning her "Stick on a Ship" (she didn't win but the cruise host said if she hugged him he would give her one) I decided to visit the F-deck. I just could not go up those famous stairs. Would I be em-bar-assed, excited, See something I shouldn't. I just could not climb those said stairs. I have F-deck phobia. Derfette joined me back in the cabin after that hug about an hour later. But she did get her "Stick on a Ship"

We got our second "Stick on a Ship" when Derfette cheated in her scoring of a "Trivia Contest"

...please complete this sentence. We are about to go on our 4th Carnival cruise and I have yet to win a ship-on -a -stick. I can't sing, so Karaoke is out. I have no luck, so Bingo isn't looking too promising either. And the hairy chest competetion- well is a definate no! Just how have you CC members won yours? Please share!

A Ship-on-a-Stick is not won: it's earned.

The easiest way: the relentless pursuit of excellence.

On the Miracle while Derfette was hugging the cruise host for winning her "Stick on a Ship" (she didn't win but the cruise host said if she hugged him he would give her one) I decided to visit the F-deck. I just could not go up those famous stairs. Would I be em-bar-assed, excited, See something I shouldn't. I just could not climb those said stairs. I have F-deck phobia. Derfette joined me back in the cabin after that hug about an hour later. But she did get her "Stick on a Ship"

We got our second "Stick on a Ship" when Derfette cheated in her scoring of a "Trivia Contest"

Learn from the Derfette: excellence can be found in cheating and I'm-not-sure-what-she-was-doing-but-she-must-have-been-doing-it-superubly.

The Derf, on the other hand, lacked the drive to go up there and display world class gawking. He returned empty handed.

On my last cruise, I won one the first night along with a bottle of bubbly. Event-Game Show Mania Listen to sound track and guess what they are. I was lucky, Marine Corps Hymn, Hail to the Chief/president, theme to Monday night football, theme to Little Rascals..

On the Elation, we won the scavenger hunt.

Dave

I won mine by naming the most sitcom tunes & my granddaughter won hers by counting the BINGO balls:D :D

I won mine by naming the most TV tunes as well (not just sitcoms). I don't know if I should have been excited or embarrassed (did I REALLY watch ALL that TV in the 70s and 80s???)

Our son won one for cookie decorating I think. He can't remember what it was for.

My teen won her ship on a stick playing the teen scavenger hunt. Now I want one of my own! Must play games on the Triumph next week. Must win....

Kathy in Maine

THAT'S what my son's was for...the CC scavenger hunt! Our family and the other two families we were with all won one as we were the only ones to get every item on the list! lol (I thought it was the cookie decorating, but I was wrong)

We just got back from the Elation. DH just missed out on winning one for TV trivia, and was wanting one. We happened to be sitting at a bar, and there was a ship on a stick on the wall. DH mentioned to me that he really wanted one, and the bartender overheard - bartender just grinned and gave it to him. :D

Won one playing geography trivia, and I was begged to play by the social host because no one from our section of the theater was participating.

Easiest way to win - cheat:eek:. Its so easy who does so ya might p/o someone.

If you have half a brain and are fairly sober, you can win the trivia contests by the pool easily. Particularly if it is a port day so there isn't much competition around. You don't have to be great at trivia, just being a little better than mediocre is enough. At least on my cruise it was.

I can't believe people lie about how well they did just to get a little plastic prize. Is that all your self respect is worth to you? It's not like it's worth a million dollars. If you can't be honest in a game that doesn't mean anything, when can you be honest?

Archived