TV tunes hints

southsidejew

Anyone have any hints on what the TV tunes usually are? What are the stumpers? Must practice! Must win Ship on Stick!

Come on!!!!!! That would be cheating.:eek:

You have time to cram in 200 hours of Nick at Night before you sail. :cool:

You have to EARN that stick.

We bought those Ronco/K-Tel whatever TV theme albums in the 90's. So I found the questions to be easy. Earned me a trophy. I was also the ONLY one to correctly identify the Captain Kangaroo theme song.

If you have AOL, they offer a free XM service (I think to non subscribers as well). They have a TV soundtrack album. Just put it on and listen. They list what they play while it's playing. Don't look, and you're playing trivia!

Just not sure it's worth all that time for a piece of plastic. :eek:

Depends how big a TV trivia fan you are .

I thought they were pretty easy. I played on Conquest in 2003. I think it was like 30 songs they played ad the one with the closest right answers won.

Me and a woman in the audience tied with 28 I believe . We both got our ships on a stick. :)

We bought those Ronco/K-Tel whatever TV theme albums in the 90's. So I found the questions to be easy. Earned me a trophy. I was also the ONLY one to correctly identify the Captain Kangaroo theme song.

If you have AOL, they offer a free XM service (I think to non subscribers as well). They have a TV soundtrack album. Just put it on and listen. They list what they play while it's playing. Don't look, and you're playing trivia!

Just not sure it's worth all that time for a piece of plastic. :eek:

:eek: When I played on Elation I got Captain Kangaroo correct:eek: :o Here's some trivia........how old am I?:p

Only slightly OT (Pete, your current avatar reminded me) - for us boomers, Charlie Brown Christmas is on at 8 EST tonight! Think Vince Guaraldi and "Linus and Lucy" - love the music that goes with it! I've never bought the tape or DVD - it's always been a once a year event and I've never wanted to ruin it by being able to watch it anytime.

Thanks for the heads up! That's my perenial FAVORITE. Also told me the Christmas season was ready for a go, and never knew why. Years later I found the album, and discovered it was the music. It is in slot #1 of my 51 carousel CD player!

But I still find myself watching it 41 years later! This year, I'll just DVR it!

It's on here! \What's ship on a stick??

It's a solid gold "plastic" ship given for winning various contests on Carnival cruises, trivia contests among them.

Pete - Sorry you missed:( . It was on Channel 7 NYC (Channel 10 Albany). My middle son finally understood why "Jingle Bells" on a kids' piano is funny!

On my 1st cruise the thing to win was the floating Key Chain.

And yes I got one. Ahh the pride of winning one of the coveted

Ship on a stick or in my case the key chain.

When I was on the Spirit this past January, they said they were working on switching to medals instead (I won two ships on a stick and one medal). Does anybody know if they scraped the medal idea?

Not even close :eek: :eek: Ok, here's a hint............look at the pics in my signature...............and try again..............and without hurting yourself, think.............is this your final answer?:p

Don't think I didn't do that! First thing I noticed; our daughters have the same name!

It

Pete - Sorry you missed:( . It was on Channel 7 NYC (Channel 10 Albany). My middle son finally understood why "Jingle Bells" on a kids' piano is funny!

OH NO!! Maybe I had blind sight cause it ALWAYS used to be on channel 2, WCBS. But I could have sworn I looked at all the networks :mad: . I even looked at FoxFamily49 :confused:

Oh well. :( Maybe I'd better go play Jingle Bells on the piano!

B2B in Nov..on Holiday..just home from other tripon land

As I was ill(sore throat) but still had 2 fab times..I stayed in cabin alot, and listened to Chanel 14 music..one song is still playing in my head alllll day...it is NOT Garth Brooks version of "The Dance", but some one else..hVE SEARCHED nAPSTER BUT TO NO AVAIL..i HAve even emailed Tony Arata, the song writer for the singer of same..prob wont get an answer, but does anyone know who that male vocalist is..or is it a deep throaty female..I just gotta find out!... A a big thany to the fabe girls n boyz on my Nov 11th Holiday cruise, girlzzzzz..you know who you are..tina n Geo,,etc....judi

Archived