San Juan Shopping

The Coach store was pretty good, and decent sized. Our best bargains were at the Polo Ralph Lauren store nearby. Unbelievable prices compared with what we normally see. We did really well there on mens and womens. However, there is a local store called "Spicy Caribbee" that you really might want to check out. Lots of herbs, spices, coffees (including the premium one that the Vatican buys!), decorations/art, gifts, etc. Small store that you really shouldn't miss. #154 Cristo Street (Calle Christo), Old San Juan. www.spicycaribbee.com . We loved San Juan. Hope you will too.

Old San Juan has some lovely shops all within walking distance from the pier (If you are docking in old San Juan, that is!) Blocks and blocks of everything from jewelry to t-shirts.

We were there in early May, and it was so humid, I almost passed out--and I love hot weather! This was more like a pressure cooker, tho, so take something to drink!

Hey Everyone, Thanks for your replies. I can't wait a shoppers paradise in paradise!! I've been to San Juan once before but all we did was sightseeing. I've been hearing rumours about the great shopping out there, I'm finally going to be able to check it out. Does anyone know of a Dooney & Bourke outlet?:D

Hey Everyone, Thanks for your replies. I can't wait a shoppers paradise in paradise!! I've been to San Juan once before but all we did was sightseeing. I've been hearing rumours about the great shopping out there, I'm finally going to be able to check it out. Does anyone know of a Dooney & Bourke outlet?:D

I was in San Juan for a business trip and November and had a great time shopping! The Coach outlet was nice - I bought my dog a nice collar :)

I agree that Spicy Caribbee is a great little shop - my co-workers and I bought all sorts of stuff there - coffee and spices.

Have fun!

I've been hearing rumours about the great shopping out there, I'm finally going to be able to check it out. Does anyone know of a Dooney & Bourke outlet?:D

My DW reminds me that they are definitely there. It's all coming back to me now, as I sat and watched her almost pull the trigger there. But, we got out without a buy. Don't remember the street, but you should be able to ask the Discover shopper on board before you get there. I believe it may have been Christo like several of the other stores.

Yes, it is right down the street from the Coach store (as I recal). They have the normal retail store in the front and the discounted items in the back and up some stairs. Better bargains that Coach (DEC.), but bought at both stores : )

Enjoy the charm of old San Juan. Lots of shops. We bought a beautiful floor vase from a shop that sells hand carved wood pieces. hint: we bargained and got a better price.

Coach store is a little further from the dock....but an easy walk. Yes there were some discounts but it wasn't as good as I expected. But it's a large store and they have lots of merchandise.

The Dooney and Bourke store is right across the street from Coach. They are both on corners, with the Ralph Lauren Polo store on the 3rd corner. I thought the Coach store had a LOT of good buys, at least the day I was there (November). I had been holding out for St. Thomas but I found a handbag in the SJ store and bought it. I'm really glad I did because the St. Thomas store was a joke.....teeny tiny, and all retail, no outlet pricing.

I live halfway between two Coach outlet stores, so believe me, I wouldn't have bought it if it was not a better price than here. We went to Sawgrass Mills in FLL after the cruise and the Coach outlet there couldn't compare either.

Archived