last to leave

sea-u-later

Heres a different question. Most people are in a hurry to get off the ship upon departure, but we have a flight at five in the afternoon. Next to hanging around the airport for eight hours we deceided that we will be the last to leave board. How long can we stay before they give us the bums rush?

Just listen to the final announcement, "If you do not pick up your luggage in 15 mintues, then customs will seize it and put it in a warehouse...it might take you a few days to claim it..." Seriously, I did that one time and when I rushed off the ship, there my luggage was...waiting to get sent to the warehouse...It was about 10:30am on a day the ship arrived in port on time.

Have you thought about doing a tour through the ship? Most have something set up on debarkation day, especially for those who have late afternoon flights.

Coka

Hi Sea-

We're always last off. It takes a small army of staff to remove us from the ship. We try to keep the kicking and screaming and bad behavior to a minimum :D

Depending on the port and when the next group of passengers are boarding, you'll have to be off between 10 and 1.

What if the Ship says it is to dock at 12:00 NOON???? We have a 3:45pm flight out of Miami on the 3/30 sailing of the Pearl (actually returning 4/8)... I don't think we'll have a problem, but if the ship says it will "return" at 12:00pm, could we be off the ship by 1:00pm?

What if the Ship says it is to dock at 12:00 NOON???? We have a 3:45pm flight out of Miami on the 3/30 sailing of the Pearl (actually returning 4/8)... I don't think we'll have a problem, but if the ship says it will "return" at 12:00pm, could we be off the ship by 1:00pm?

Debarkation normally begins two hours after docking.

Oh Brother... (Or should I Say Sister!!)

Could this be a problem? We are in a AB Penthouse, I think I read here on the threads that we could disembark first? Others in my party are not, so could this all be something I need to worry about?

Hey 5Kids5!! We're on your sailing! I almost didn't notice that 12:00 arrival time before I booked our air. I don't think we've ever docked after 8 on any of our sailings. That's going to be pretty nice, not having to get up so early. Our flight is at 5:30 that day, BUT it is in FLL, so we'll need time to get over there.

Oh Brother... (Or should I Say Sister!!)

Could this be a problem? We are in a AB Penthouse, I think I read here on the threads that we could disembark first? Others in my party are not, so could this all be something I need to worry about?

Yes, AB, you will have VIP debarkation and I'm sure the others in your party can join you.

Speak to your concierge when you board regarding this as, now, with the "express debarkation" passengers debarking before VIP...VIP gets held up in the process.

Concierge may suggest that you do the "express debarkation"

I'm sure he/she will assist in any way but nothing can be done until the ship clears Customs which is why they allow for the 2 hour wait after docking.

Good Luck and have a wonderful cruise:)

Hey 5Kids5!! We're on your sailing! I almost didn't notice that 12:00 arrival time before I booked our air. I don't think we've ever docked after 8 on any of our sailings. That's going to be pretty nice, not having to get up so early. Our flight is at 5:30 that day, BUT it is in FLL, so we'll need time to get over there.

Hey Hadley,

That would be ME running down the plank off the ship at 2:00pm with 5 kids in tow, the rolling luggage toppling as the little guys can't run fast and control the luggage...and not to mention a pissed off DH that I would be so mindless to book a flight 3:45 hrs after the ship gets back....

Actually, the flight was originally 4:00pm and AA changed it. Now, if they move it back again, I probably need to change the flight...

Traveling with kids???

Hi Sea-

We're always last off. It takes a small army of staff to remove us from the ship. We try to keep the kicking and screaming and bad behavior to a minimum :D

Depending on the port and when the next group of passengers are boarding, you'll have to be off between 10 and 1.

Laurel, maybe I will get a chance to meet you afterall. I'm hoping to be at the pier by 10:00 on April 12. Maybe I can run into you then. (I'm really hoping to see Lee also:) )

Hey Hadley,

That would be ME running down the plank off the ship at 2:00pm with 5 kids in tow, the rolling luggage toppling as the little guys can't run fast and control the luggage...and not to mention a pissed off DH that I would be so mindless to book a flight 3:45 hrs after the ship gets back....

Actually, the flight was originally 4:00pm and AA changed it. Now, if they move it back again, I probably need to change the flight...

Traveling with kids???

LOL!! Your post gave me a great visual!! :D We will have our DD (age 10 - thinks she's 18) with us. Our DS is in his first year of college and has a different spring break this year. He made us pretty miserable on the last two cruises (out most of the night & then DH & I ended up trekking around the ship in the middle of the night, sure he had fallen overboard). There were many moments we would have liked to have tossed him in!:rolleyes: This trip should definitely be more relaxing (for us anyway - I'm not sure about you with five kids!!:eek:) How old are your kids? BTW - You need to join our roll call!! Have a great day!

Since the ship is due to arrive in at 12 noon, NCL wouldn't promise that we would make our 4:45 flight back. The airlines changed our flight from when we booked it and paid for it last March. There was a flight leaving FLL at 5:30 but had been shown booked in coach for the last 2 months. the seating has finally opened back up and my TA contacted the airlines and was able to change our flight to 5:30 at no expense to us. NCL states that we will make that flight. We are using their shuttle service. If you are leaving by cab you will need to stand in line with everyone else on the express early off. I see no possible way you are going to catch that flight.

You will have about a 45 minute drive to FLL from the pier. Remember customs will be checking all of your ID and passports if you have them. Not the fastest process.....Good Luck:)

To the OP. I do the same thing. I don't even set the alarm till about 8-8:30am get up take a relaxing shower, go have breakfast before they close it. Check the hours in your daily's they are different that last day. They I go back to my cabin or depending on the weather on deck and relax till it's the drop dead time to get off the ship.

Enjoy that last morning instead pf rushing around like a "fool".

I was just about to suggest that you NOT take the NCL shuttle. Then I see that someone said you should. If you take note of the cutoff times they have for shuttles, you will see they buffer in quite a bit of time. And often that is needed because you have to wait for EVERYONE to get on the bus. And everyone to get their bags. And watch everyone just stand around. You can make the flight, but get your bags and go get a taxi. It will be WAY FASTER. And probably cheaper too!

Since the ship is due to arrive in at 12 noon, NCL wouldn't promise that we would make our 4:45 flight back. The airlines changed our flight from when we booked it and paid for it last March. There was a flight leaving FLL at 5:30 but had been shown booked in coach for the last 2 months. the seating has finally opened back up and my TA contacted the airlines and was able to change our flight to 5:30 at no expense to us. NCL states that we will make that flight. We are using their shuttle service. If you are leaving by cab you will need to stand in line with everyone else on the express early off. I see no possible way you are going to catch that flight.

You will have about a 45 minute drive to FLL from the pier. Remember customs will be checking all of your ID and passports if you have them. Not the fastest process.....Good Luck:)

5Kids5 has the 3:30 flight out of Miami. We're the ones with the 5:30 flight, and I've got a private car service coming to take us to FLL. It's only a 45 minute drive (according to the limo service), so we should be in pretty good shape getting to FLL for our 5:30 flight.

I just had to look your guys cruise up. I can't beleive they have the ship coming in at 12 noon and going back out at 4. I've been on ships in Miami that came in at 8 and not made it out intill 5 or 6. Wow, that will be some turn around.

I just had to look your guys cruise up. I can't beleive they have the ship coming in at 12 noon and going back out at 4. I've been on ships in Miami that came in at 8 and not made it out intill 5 or 6. Wow, that will be some turn around.

Sooooooo hopefully they will be rushing us off!!!!!!

Heres a different question. Most people are in a hurry to get off the ship upon departure, but we have a flight at five in the afternoon. Next to hanging around the airport for eight hours we deceided that we will be the last to leave board. How long can we stay before they give us the bums rush?

once the call goes for all guests to leave the ship Id suggest doing so...not only are yu holding up a lot of crew for teh sake of w or 3 people as they are not cleared to leave gangways luggage areas etc...until all guests are accounted for your luggage can and Will be seized and Ive seen it where the couple have been right there speaking with the Port authorites as wellas CBP and have been told come back tomorrow, again all depends what prt you lingering about in, I would advise against in L.A NYC and Miami especially the latter 2

Archived