Complimentary Drinks

BaltimoreCruise

I will be sailing on the Zuiderdam's April 7th Eastern Caribbean cruise. Can anyone tell me what drinks on the ship are complimentary (and where and when, if applicable). I have read that espresso is available after dinner in one of the lounges, but I can't recall the specifics.

Thank you.

BaltimoreCruise

The lido has iced tea, water, coffee all day-no charge. There is no charge for the complimentary (champagne, bloody marys, etc) drinks at the mariners reception.

Soda-charge.

Wine-Charge.

Beer, alcohol-charge.

coffees, capuccinos at coffee cafe-charge.

orange juice in lounges-charge.

bottled water for shore excursions-charge.

As you embark, there will be some interesting wine packages to purchase for the cruise. This is a good deal because the steward will cork the half empty bottles for you to have another evening. There is a coffee card for the cafe if you are a latte type. There is also a soda card.

The lido has iced tea, water, coffee all day-no charge. There is no charge for the complimentary (champagne, bloody marys, etc) drinks at the mariners reception.

Soda-charge.

Wine-Charge.

Beer, alcohol-charge.

coffees, capuccinos at coffee cafe-charge.

orange juice in lounges-charge.

bottled water for shore excursions-charge.

As you embark, there will be some interesting wine packages to purchase for the cruise. This is a good deal because the steward will cork the half empty bottles for you to have another evening. There is a coffee card for the cafe if you are a latte type. There is also a soda card.

:) And Wine Cards!

No free expresso in any lounge.

Please correct me if I'm wrong here, because I'm going off of hearsay rather than experience (which I hope to acquire in November;) !), but: (1) isn't cappucino free after dinner in the dining room? and possibly also in the Explorer's Lounge? and (2) if you're in a suite, isn't there a free self-service espresso/cappucino machine at your disposal in the Neptune?

That said, I have been wondering if either or both of the above offer the option of DECAF cappucino, for those of us who can't handle a caffeine buzz after dinner. Anyone know?

Please correct me if I'm wrong here, because I'm going off of hearsay rather than experience (which I hope to acquire in November;) !), but: (1) isn't cappucino free after dinner in the dining room? and possibly also in the Explorer's Lounge? and (2) if you're in a suite, isn't there a free self-service espresso/cappucino machine at your disposal in the Neptune?

Yes, free cappucino and espresso in the dining room with dinner, but nowhere else ... except maybe the Neptune. I haven't been there yet! :)

The Neptune Lounge has a Coffee, Cappucino, Expresso machine for the use of the Suite Passengers. In the Main Dining Room tell your assistant waiter on the first night that you would like Cappucino or Expresso for your entire cruise.

I think you have your answer: not too many drinks are free, just like other lines: capachino after dinner; coffee, tea and water all day: juice in the morning only; we didnt see the lemonade on the Amsterdam, but maybe we just missed it: We were hoping to get fruit juice mid afternoon from room service: we couldn't. NMNita

• 2 weeks later...

Could anyone who has been on the Noordam recently let me know if there is complimentary Lemonade, fruit punch or fruit juice in the Lido at lunch time please?

Also I guess if we order fruit juice in the dinning room with dinner there is a charge for that?

Thanks

A slightly odd question to go along with all these drinks :)

Are there sweetners out with the free iced tea and coffee in the Lido? If so what kind? I can't live without Splenda in my iced tea, and if I have to I'll bring packets in my suitcase, but I'd rather not have to if it is readily available.

All HAL ships have the blue, pink and the yellow sweeteners.

For the poster who asked about decaf cappucino.......Yes. You can have decaf cappucino in the Dining Room and Neptune Lounge for no additional charge. I love the Neptune Lounge coffee machine and I only drink decaf.

Enjoy.

Could anyone who has been on the Noordam recently let me know if there is complimentary Lemonade, fruit punch or fruit juice in the Lido at lunch time please?

Also I guess if we order fruit juice in the dinning room with dinner there is a charge for that?

Thanks

John thinks you could get the drinks in the Lido at lunchtime, but can't seem to recall where they were available. :rolleyes: What I remember is that milk (in little cartons) was available at the dessert station, since that is refrigerated (same place the juice is for breakfast).

My suggestion - just ask a Lido steward at lunchtime. If there's a charge, he'll ask for your room number or send over a bar steward. Same thing at dinner.

Have a great cruise. :)

John thinks you could get the drinks in the Lido at lunchtime, but can't seem to recall where they were available. :rolleyes: What I remember is that milk (in little cartons) was available at the dessert station, since that is refrigerated (same place the juice is for breakfast).

My suggestion - just ask a Lido steward at lunchtime. If there's a charge, he'll ask for your room number or send over a bar steward. Same thing at dinner.

Have a great cruise. :)

Susan--

There was a little cooler in between the food stations along the port side of the Lido where the desserts & ice creams were served - that's where small glasses of different juices were located throughout the mornings and into the early afternoons (Cranberry, Orange, Apple, Grapefruit, etc.)

Freshly-squeezed Orange juice and Lemonaides are for-charge drinks however - they're on the cocktail menus as Alcohol Free drinks for @ $2.75.* I had a few of the "Sunshine Lemonaide"'s and really enjoyed them - nice and tart!

:)

Archived