Don't book this (these) rooms

SPARKY12

We are in the first 2 cabins (at the front) of the Carnival Liberty on the Empress Deck. Any advice/experience? Good or Bad rooms?

Might feel more movement then elsewhere---depending on the waters.

Had friends that felt no more here then elsewhere.

Obstructed views-- you will see a wall. but can go outside to see something.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/548278080jXyEHP

there are some photos in there with your view.

I know that this room is located at the front of the ship on the Main deck. Can someone tell me a little more about this room. Is it near an elevator etc.? Is this a good area on the ship?

http://www.carnival.com/Deck_Plan.aspx?shipCode=FS

its a walk to the elevator/stairs.

to give you an idea on the cabin-- yours wont have a sofa but two beds on the floor instead but it does show you the port hole

http://www.blinkx.com/video/carnival-freedom-porthole-cabin-1208-category-1a/nR1d1E7ZiqHYG9TuXktl6g

here are some others

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/569135278fwGhKm

Might feel more movement then elsewhere---depending on the waters.

Had friends that felt no more here then elsewhere.

Obstructed views-- you will see a wall. but can go outside to see something.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/548278080jXyEHP

there are some photos in there with your view.

thanks for the pic...i have the same room on Conquest. Good to have a visual of what it is going to be like...I love it!!!

thanks for the pic...i have the same room on Conquest. Good to have a visual of what it is going to be like...I love it!!!

that cabin is a handicapped cabin and the beds do not get pushed together- I notice this is an anniversary cruise---

I have read some old posts that these cabins were balcony cabins but because of winds forward they are sold as Oceanview. Some posts have said that during port days they could open the door and sit on the balcony. And on sea days they are secured shut. Anyone have recent info on these cabins.

Edie

that cabin is a handicapped cabin and the beds do not get pushed together- I notice this is an anniversary cruise---

LOL... accually we are in the one next door 7402 I believe...;) But the pics give me a good idea of the out side and what the deck will look like...

Just got off the Sapphire Princess -- The cruise was wonderful and our balcony cabin was totally enjoyed. One small problem -- the wall behind the bed constantly vibrated. I like to relax on the bed and lean against the pillows to read -- unfortunately I was unable to do that in this cabin. This was my 4th cruise and I had never experienced that before. Even sleeping was difficult the first night -- our cabin steward pulled our bed out from the wall about an inch and that did the trick for sleeping. I mentioned it to Passenger Services but was given a strange explanation about the direction of the ship and the waves, blah, blah, blah. So I just sat in a chair to read and with the bed pulled away from the wall, I was able to sleep at night. It was an inconvenience, but we loved the cruise, so was a minor issue. Thought someone might want to know. I did ask the passenger next door if they were experiencing the same thing, but she said there was not a problem.

I'm trying to find a 1A cabin on the Splendor that will be somewhat quiet. There aren't any showing available on Empress deck, but on Upper deck there are a couple that seem to share a wall with the elevators. Does anyone know if you hear the elevators in these cabins? And any idea if that white space next to it is the laundry room, or ??

Thanks for your help! :)

I'm trying to find a 1A cabin on the Splendor that will be somewhat quiet. There aren't any showing available on Empress deck, but on Upper deck there are a couple that seem to share a wall with the elevators. Does anyone know if you hear the elevators in these cabins? And any idea if that white space next to it is the laundry room, or ??

Thanks for your help! :)

I had a cabin on Ecstasy that looked like it shared a side wall with the elevator. We never heard a sound. Those elevators must be well insulated. I think it makes a difference where the doors on the elevator open out to. Since they open to the little hall in our case, not the hall where our cabin door was, we didnt hear them.

Iv read comments about the 1As on other ships and folks were not hearing the elevator, except one person said he did hear the ding (but said his wife didnt). Three others didnt.

I had a cabin on Ecstasy that looked like it shared a side wall with the elevator. We never heard a sound. Those elevators must be well insulated. I think it makes a difference where the doors on the elevator open out to. Since they open to the little hall in our case, not the hall where our cabin door was, we didnt hear them.

Iv read comments about the 1As on other ships and folks were not hearing the elevator, except one person said he did hear the ding (but said his wife didnt). Three others didnt.

Thanks so much for the quick response! Now I'm looking at the 1As that are on Riviera deck by the aft elevators. I wonder how much motion you get back there if you're down so low in the ship?

Thanks so much for the quick response! Now I'm looking at the 1As that are on Riviera deck by the aft elevators. I wonder how much motion you get back there if you're down so low in the ship?

We were in 2462 last time on Conquest and could feel a vibration all the time in the floors. Didnt notice any motion. I was told before I went that we would only feel the vibration in and out of ports when they turned on the azipods or whatever they are, but we felt it pretty much constantly. Not bad, we got used to it, but be aware you will feel it, or at least we did. We have 2465 coming up that used to be a 1A on Main, and then 6393, mid deck upper as the B2B. So Ill be in more 1As to sleep in after Sept.

going higher is where you feel motion. Wanting to feel less motion you want to be as low as you can get.

going higher is where you feel motion. Wanting to feel less motion you want to be as low as you can get.

Does that hold true with the forward cabins as well? There is one of the porthole cabins on Riviera open. Oh, but then you have to deal with the anchor, right? I'd better just call them and see if they have anything on Empress that's not showing up on the website.

Thanks for your help, Firefly333 and Serene56!

Does that hold true with the forward cabins as well? There is one of the porthole cabins on Riviera open. Oh, but then you have to deal with the anchor, right? I'd better just call them and see if they have anything on Empress that's not showing up on the website.

middle and low has the least motion. So the further forward or aft and the higher the more you will feel motion. That being said, unless you hit big seas, it doesnt really matter much imo.

if you take a pencil and place it on your finger-- move it up and down like a see-saw-- you will see the point and the eraser moving the most.

Being that close forward--if youhit rough waters youwill feel that motion the most- and yes the anchor is located forward

Do not book Junior Suite 1562 on MOS. Every night, very late, there was a loud banging noise in the ceiling. It sounded like someone 400 lbs was jumping up and down on the pool deck right above us.

Turns out, it had something to do with the pool being drained and refilled.

If you stay in this room, expect to be kept awake at night.

Hi Paul, we are travelling on the Solstice in a few weeks, could you tell me what its really like?

We're on the 5/9 NCL Star to Alaska. We upgraded from OV to Balcony using GTY. We've been assigned to 10210 which is a jump from the BE we paid for to BB, so can't really complain. As I've been looking at the photos online and the deck plans though, it appears that the balcony does not appear to be covered. We're not planning on trying to change anything but I was just wondering what we should prepare for as this will be the first time we would be on an uncovered balcony, if indeed that's the case. What are the pros and cons we'll be dealing with other than more exposure to inclement weather?

Just off the Carnival Triumph and had cabins 6203 & 6205 never again. We could hear the waves crashing against the bow and when the lines go in and out to dock you can hear the noise. Not good at 5:45 am or midnight when leaving port late as we did 1 stop. We did have rough seas 1 day and you could also feel the motion. I had to leave the cabin because I felt sick and dizzy in the room. Also the so called secret doors to the forward decks that no one knows about are not so secret and all the teenagers seem to know where to hang out and be loud and out of control.

Edited by Journey21

Also the so called secret doors to the forward decks that no one knows about are not so secret and all the teenagers seem to know where to hang out and be loud and out of control.

Rhonda-- sorry to hear the cabin was not a good choice for you- When the teens were outside being loud--did you call the pursers desk and complain?

Rhonda-- sorry to hear the cabin was not a good choice for you- When the teens were outside being loud--did you call the pursers desk and complain?

Serene,

I did not call the Purser's Desk. I think someone must have called because we were sitting outside one afternoon when they were hanging out and security came and hung around a while but never said anything to them. I did tell them one time if they had to be so loud and use vulgar language to go elsewhere. We met fellow cruisers from Deck 7 and 9 that experienced the same thing. Spring break and holiday week there were 1000 kids according to the cruise director on our sailing. We usually stay Deck 6 mid ship never had this problem guess that is where we will continue to book in the future.

Just off the Carnival Triumph and had cabins 6203 & 6205 never again. We could hear the waves crashing against the bow and when the lines go in and out to dock you can hear the noise. Not good at 5:45 am or midnight when leaving port late as we did 1 stop. We did have rough seas 1 day and you could also feel the motion. I had to leave the cabin because I felt sick and dizzy in the room. Also the so called secret doors to the forward decks that no one knows about are not so secret and all the teenagers seem to know where to hang out and be loud and out of control.

I'm a little worried that there will be door slamming (I'm in 7205 on Victory next month). But don't worry. If people start going in and out and slamming the door, they'll hear from me, and they'll hear quickly! :mad:

Plus, being a Southern Caribbean cruise before schools are out, I don't expect there to be that many kiddies on the cruise. I certainly hope not.

I also expect to feel more motion that far foward, but I'm convinced that Ginger Root capsules have cured me of my motion sickness issues. We'll know for sure in about a month.