Don't book this (these) rooms

SPARKY12

I'm a little worried that there will be door slamming (I'm in 7205 on Victory next month). But don't worry. If people start going in and out and slamming the door, they'll hear from me, and they'll hear quickly! :mad:

Plus, being a Southern Caribbean cruise before schools are out, I don't expect there to be that many kiddies on the cruise. I certainly hope not.

I also expect to feel more motion that far foward, but I'm convinced that Ginger Root capsules have cured me of my motion sickness issues. We'll know for sure in about a month.

I don't suspect you should have a problem as you are going at an off time where kids are still in school. The motion didn't bother us until the night we hit rough seas. The only other complaint was the noise from the line going out and coming in especially at 5:40 am as it woke us up. We sailed the Victory and loved that ship. She is a sister to the Triumph. Happy sailing;)

Hi: does anyone know if the view from this Promenade room will be blocked by signs, bridges, etc? thanks. -Cathie

Took me a bit to realize you meant Liberty OF THE SEAS.

its mideship so your view should be fine.

I'm a little worried that there will be door slamming (I'm in 7205 on Victory next month). But don't worry. If people start going in and out and slamming the door, they'll hear from me, and they'll hear quickly! :mad:

Plus, being a Southern Caribbean cruise before schools are out, I don't expect there to be that many kiddies on the cruise. I certainly hope not.

I also expect to feel more motion that far foward, but I'm convinced that Ginger Root capsules have cured me of my motion sickness issues. We'll know for sure in about a month.

IF the door slams alot-- I suggest putting a towel out there over the step (to catch the door) there is a step up to get out.

When is your cruise and when do schools let out in PR? Cinco DMayo week might have lots of kids onboard-- plus those Quincera parties. Seniors graduating-- (i am thinking schools get done there sometimes in May.

We took a Sothern Cruise in Sept thinking kids will be in school and it wont be bad--- (sigh-- it was

Edited by serene56

Does anybody have any experience with cabin #7217 on Carnival Victory?

too far of a walk for me to get to the food/pools every day. But other then that--its a good choice. away from public areas.

You can turn right ourside your cabin door-- and take those doors to the front of the ship

Edited by serene56

too far of a walk for me to get to the food/pools every day. But other then that--its a good choice. away from public areas.

You can turn right ourside your cabin door-- and take those doors to the front of the ship

Shhhh! That's MY secret door and I do NOT want anyone going through it and letting it slam!

:p

Thank you for your reply our other option is #7416 any advice?

thats your only choices??? stay where you are- 7416 does have a longer balcony but that comes at a cost of a smaller room- there is no sofa in there. We had the cabin on the Liberty and I felt on top of honey by the middle of the week. The cabin does have a true queen bed--not two beds pushed together-- there is no place to push the beds,

Hi, does anyone have any experience with this cabin? RCCL Freedom of the Seas 8410?? On the website it says this room has a regular door (no slider) along with a port hole and limited ocean view.

Thanks for any help :)

DH and I were on Liberty of the Seas in cabin 9704. That would be equal to your cabin in question. We were VERY disappointed!! In the past, stern balconies have been our favorite . . . however, this triangle shaped small balcony is not worth it. The door to get out onto the balcony is very heavy and makes it extremely hard for one person to handle a room service tray (really, carrying anything for that matter). We also prefer part sun and part shade. There was very little shade w/ this balcony and we spent very little time on it. We wish we had just gotten a balcony cabin on the side of the ship. The view via a sliding glass door would have been MUCH better and the balcony would have been a better configuration.

I tried to attached a couple of pics to this post, but it didn't work. Sorry.

Anyway . . .Hope this info helps! Happy cruising!

We are sooooo looking forward to our next cruise . . . Sapphire Princess May ’09 – 7 Alaska

Crown Princess Oct. ’08 – 7 Eastern Caribbean

Liberty of the Seas March ’08 – (9704 Stern balcony = big DISAPPOINTMENT) 7 Eastern Caribbean

Crown Princess Oct. ’07 – 7 New York to San Juan

Golden Princess April ’07 - 10 Mexican Riviera

Constellation Oct. ’06 – (8185 Stern balcony) 11 Western Caribbean

Brilliance of the Seas April ’06 (9258 Stern balcony) - 10 Panama Canal

Jewel of the Seas Oct. ’05 – 10 Bermuda and Caribbean

Dawn Princess March '05 – 10 Western Caribbean

Caribbean Princess '04 (C752 Stern balcony) – 7 Eastern Caribbean

Island Princess '03 – 10 Panama Canal

Star Princess '03 – 7 Mexican Riviera

Grand Princess '02 - 7 Western Caribbean

Enchantment of the Seas '98 - 7 Eastern Caribbean

Any thoughts, comments, or better yet, photos of cabins 7055 and 7056 on HAL Amsterdam?? They are aft outside cabins with easy access to a small, secluded public deck. Are the stairs back there a big obstruction to your ocean view?? Saw some chatter about these cabins on this very thread - but they appear quite old - back in 2004, I think?, and then seemed to have been resserected in more current years with more favorable comments. All responses would be greatly appreciated.

Just booked U243 (extended aft balcony) on the Carnival Sensation. Has anyone ever stayed in the aft cabins on the Sensation? Good or bad choice.

Thanks for any input!

Mick

balconies are relativly new-- so please take pictures of it and post when ya get back-- PLEASE

Hi,

We will be on the RCI Navigator of the Seas, in a Deck Six Balcony Cabin toward the prow (6528) which appears from the deck plans to be above the "Ixtapa Lounge" on Deck 5.

Any thoughts on whether we will get any noise from the Lounge in this cabin, or any other thoughts?

Thanks.

Mark

We will be on the RCI Navigator of the Seas, in a Deck Six Balcony Cabin toward the prow (6528) which appears from the deck plans to be above the "Ixtapa Lounge" on Deck 5.

Any thoughts on whether we will get any noise from the Lounge in this cabin, or any other thoughts?

Mark

Mark= Ixtapa is the show lounge- (unless you go to bed very early I wouldnt worry about noise from that area.

any advice about this room - we stayed in 8297 on victory with no problem

Truimp and Victory are the same- Your last cabin was in a competly different area but your NEW balcony will be lots bigger. It will be a longer walk to the stairs/elevators but the halls are quiet back here as people on a cruise tend not to go where they dont have to.

Aft balconies are quite warm- you will not get ocean breezes like you do on the side- Keep the curtains closed during the day to keep the cabin cool.

You might get chair scrapping noises.

My husband and I have been assigned cabin #8501 on the NCL Jade. According to the deck plans, the cabin is above the Stardust Theatre. Does anyone know if we should be concerned with noise from the theatre?

Thanks!

HELLO ALL

we are just back from a terrific TA with voyager in room 6292, which we had problems with, flooding and terrific noise from blocked drain, which kept us awake, but assume will be rectified as it was going into dry dock for refurbishment after our TA.

We have booked the superior balcony 1630 next to the Royal suite on the Independence on a TA next April and was hoping to get feed back on this cabin

As it is at the start of the hump , do we gain or lose balcony space.

Thanks

Skyelady:)

We are on this cabin NB to Alaska--it looks like it's on top of the Schooner Bar. Does anybody know about the noise? It looks like is too late to change to another balcony on that side of the ship!

We did a last minute Conquest cruise last week, had 2211, a 1A with port holes. Loved the lay out of the cabin and that we could see out. That they had a cabin with port holes was part of the deciding factor to go last minute. I would book this cabin again. Lots of space to get around the cabin.

We stayed in R145 on Carnival Ecstasy last November. This was our first cruise so we had no clue about cabin selection. Anyway, we felt a constant vibration that made our bed feel like we had just put a quarter in the magic fingers box. I figured out that if you pull the bed away from the wall it wasn't quite as bad. This cabin is also right across from the elevators and you could hear the "bong" sound all night. Fortunately, my earplugs masked most of this, but still annoying. This year we're going to go for one of the new balcony suites they're putting in during the Evolutions of Fun upgrade.

J