Quest Info

cruzingduo

Quest is one of the R-ships originally owned by Renaissance cruises. It's a wonderful size ship in my opinion. We sailed with Renaissance in Oct 2000 and loved it. If you want to see what it looks like, go to the Oceania Cruises website... they own R-ships also and the ships are basically identical except for some stateroom changes on level8.

We spent 2 weeks around the Society Islands (Tahiti, et al). We had no problem with the ride. However, my husband and I are into boating and might be able tolerate more motion than others. You might check out some of the posts on Celebrity's Journey since it is the identical ship. It too has not sailed but I've noticed at least one poster who has been on numerous Oceania cruises and is willing to share their experiences. We are booked for next Jan on Journey to go to Antartica and around the southern tip of South America. That area can have some very strong seas (or not) so I do understand your concerns.

Hi ,

we too are looking at the 14 day cruise in Feb 08, I will post any info I find here on the boards, is the sip beingrefurbished oris it still sailing under the Spanish line until later this year?

Aparently the ship is about 3 years old.

Hi,

The Quest is at least 6 years old..and as Ren held 684 passengers..(I understand Celebrity will have 710) the ship will not be as stable in rough waters due to the shape of the hull so I suggest low and middle for you..I have been on ships as Ren 5 times and Oceania 14 times and will certainly be able to tell you about cabins, noise etc. I read all posts that say Quest or Journey..

Jan

cruzingduo,

We booked a cruise on for Feb 2008. We are looking for any information about the Quest. I know it doesn't sail until later this year. What was the name of the ship before Celebrity bought it? Any other information would be great.

Originally built as MV R7, of the R1 class, for now defunct Renaissance Cruises, the ship that will become MV Celebrity Quest is now operating as MV Blue Moon for Celebrity's newly acquired Spanish sister line, Pullmantur Cruises. The ship will receive a major reconfiguration, including replacement of forty-eight (48) standard balcony cabins with thirty-two (32) sky suites on the aft half of deck 8 before joining MY Celebrity Xpedition and sister MV Celebrity Journey in the "Celebrity Expeditions" fleet in the fall of 2007. The reconfiguration also will upgrade and apply Celebrity's branding ("AquaSpa by Elemis," "Cova Cafe di Milano," "Michael's Club," etc.) to many of the ship's existing facilities.

Norm.

Hi,

certainly be able to tell you about cabins, noise etc. I read all posts that say Quest or Journey..

Jan

Jan,

We had room 6071 when we were on the ship with Renaissance and had no problems with it's location, ride or noise. For our 18 day cruise next Jan we have room 7102. Although a little further aft, we figured it would not be too different. Any negative comments that we should no about before we have no alternatives? Thanks.

Rita

Jan, we have room 7063, do you know anything about it?

thanks.

Perfect location, starboard side, very quiet deck.. 216 square feet (including balcony) shower only..you will be very happy in that stateroom..

Jan

Hi,

The info on here is excellent, we have booked 7105 for this sailing, if you visit the Pullmantur web site you can see a video of what the ship looks like now, it sails as The Blue Moon.

The cabins are 216 sq.ft plus Balcony which means they will be slightly bigger than Millenium class,also is that right that the Aft cabins on decks 7/8 will be made into Sky Suites and if so will we still keep the cabin if it is upgraded?

Just a point when I booked I was asked if I wanted main or late seating for dinner .

I think we will be pleasantly surprised by this ship.

Hi,

The info on here is excellent, we have booked 7105 for this sailing, if you visit the Pullmantur web site you can see a video of what the ship looks like now, it sails as The Blue Moon.

The cabins are 216 sq.ft plus Balcony which means they will be slightly bigger than Millenium class,also is that right that the Aft cabins on decks 7/8 will be made into Sky Suites and if so will we still keep the cabin if it is upgraded?

Just a point when I booked I was asked if I wanted main or late seating for dinner .

I think we will be pleasantly surprised by this ship.

Having sailed in these cabins a few times on Oceania, I think you will find that the cabins are 216 sq. feet including the balcony. Unless I was really asleep for a bunch of days, they are definitely not bigger than M class.

According to X's website and marketing materials, the only cabins that are being converted to Sky Suites are on deck 8, aft.

Hope this helps. Have a great cruise!

cruzin princess,

Is it a definite that there will be open seating.

Yes.

By way of amplification, MV Celebrity Journey and MV Celebrity Quest will operate under the "Celebrity Expeditions" brand rather than as part of the main "Celebrity Cruises" fleet, at least initially. This decision means that they will follow many of the the standards and practices now in place aboard MY Celebrity Xpedition -- open seating in the main dining room (and probably also in the specialty restaurants), no children's, youth, or teen centers, much simpler shows (the show lounges are not configured for the elaborate production shows that one finds in the Celebrity Theater), less entertainment, etc. They will, however, offer some "Celebrity Cruises" features that MY Celebrity Xpedition is too small to accommodate, such as a full service Aquaspa by Elemis, Celebrity@Sea, Cova Cafe di Milano, and a disco/nightclub.

Norm.

Jan,

We are booked in Cabin 7034 for a cruise on the Quest. I noticed that this is above one of the lifeboats on deck 6. Is this a problem and do you have any other thoughts about this location? We are really looking to this cruise!

Thanks,

Jim

Almost every cabin (we call them staterooms on Oceania) on deck 7 is great..there are some cabins on decks 6 and 8 that have problems with noise and the laundry is across from 7078 on deck 7 and is always crowded....I always take a Sky Suite by the elevator on deck 8 and never hear any noise from people or the elevator itself..

Jan

Norm:

Thank you for the info regarding open seating. My DH will be very happy about that. He hates being held to a certain seating time. This cruise will definitely be perfect for him as he also hates to have to dress up for dinner.

He feels he did that everyday for 30 years and now being retired just loves not having to put on that tie in the evening.

The Journey and the Quest sound perfect for us.

We are in Journey 6028 for the fall repo. Since Quest and Journey are about the same do you know anything about this cabin?

Hi, you will be happy with that stateroom

Same size as those on deck 7 and in a good location!

Jan

Archived