Quest Info

cruzingduo

Jan

How are the inside cabins on Quest? I see they're 150 sq ft. Is there decent closet space? We're looking at a cabin on deck 8. Any comments are appreciated.

Thanks

There is adequate closet space (not a great amount) but certainly enough for 2 people.

I am not sure where they will have their cleaning section..on Oceania (deck 8 is a different configuration) the four forward inside have the cleaning carts placed in front of them during the day..cant help with that info on Quest tho as deck 8 is to be reconfigured..

Jan

Hey, Jan, we're booked in 6036 an obstructed ocean view cabin. It looked to me like we might be able to see between the lifeboats. Am I wrong, will we have no view at all?

Thanks!

nancy

You probably will be able to peek between the boats but remember that you are above the promenade deck here so back a good bit from the water. Also, make sure that you know that these cabins are set up differently and do not have a couch. We have usually opted for the next category up (usually not much more at all) which, although they are porthole, are a full sized cabin. Hope this helps!

Hey, Jan, we're booked in 6036 an obstructed ocean view cabin. It looked to me like we might be able to see between the lifeboats. Am I wrong, will we have no view at all?

Thanks!

nancy

Try for 6033 or 6030 they have the smallest lifeboats in front of them (like zodiacs) and the least obstruction..

Jan

Hello,

There are also aft and forward (!) facing balconies ('Sunset verandah'). Does anybody have any experience with those on Princess or Oceania? I am especially intrigued by forward facing balconies, but expect they will be very windy?

Thanks!

Floris

They are not only windy they are noisy when docking or tendering (anchor noise) also deck six is over the showroom so you get noise in the evenings and last last but not least lots of motion up front..I suggest the best time to take a trip on deck 7 is a cruise like Bermuda where you are docked for several days..

Jan

They are not only windy they are noisy when docking or tendering (anchor noise) also deck six is over the showroom so you get noise in the evenings and last last but not least lots of motion up front..I suggest the best time to take a trip on deck 7 is a cruise like Bermuda where you are docked for several days..

Jan

Thank you Jan! I currently have an aft facing balcony for the Antartica sailing, and was considering moving to a forward facing balcony. But since the seas are really rough around Cape Horn and since it is probably very cool and windy, I guess a forward facing balcony is not a good idea :o

Try for 6033 or 6030 they have the smallest lifeboats in front of them (like zodiacs) and the least obstruction..

Jan

Thanks for your guidance. I was able to snag 6033! At least I'll be able to tell if it's raining or not. And we'll have more of a view than we would have had from an Inside cabin on the Zenith...

Thanks, again Jan.

nlvc

Thanks for your guidance. I was able to snag 6033! At least I'll be able to tell if it's raining or not. And we'll have more of a view than we would have had from an Inside cabin on the Zenith...

Thanks, again Jan.

nlvc

you are welcome any time..and also the Oceania board is a wealth of info!!

Jan

Hello Jan:

Are the 32 Sky Suites on Deck 8 of Quest being added - replacing the smaller cabins in that area as it is now configured on The Blue Moon?

Any insights?

Thanks!

Frank in Las Vegas

Yes. It is alot easier to look at the deck plans on X's site rather than on other sites. All cabins are there.

Jan - since you seem to know so much about these ships, what is your opiniion of a Penthouse Suite on deck 7?

Celebrating a milestone birthday and looking for something special.

Thanks - Carol

Hi Carol,

Please tell me what you are calling a Penthouse Suite..I only see Royal Suites and Veranda cabins..

Thanks,

Jan

Hi Jan,

I believe Carol is talking about the two aft suites that Oceania calls Owner's Suites. I noticed in Celebrity's description of the suites, that the master bath has a separate tub and shower. Is this correct? Thanks.

Hi Carol,

Please tell me what you are calling a Penthouse Suite..I only see Royal Suites and Veranda cabins..

Thanks,

Jan

Jan

Celebrity is calling the large AFT staterooms PH (8088, 8091, 7114,7119, 6088,& 6091) The large staterooms in the bow are are called RS.

Ray

Jan

Celebrity is calling the large AFT staterooms PH (8088, 8091, 7114,7119, 6088,& 6091) The large staterooms in the bow are are called RS.

Ray

You are correct. I have booked 7114 which is called a Penthouse Suite according to the Celebrity deck plans. The forward suites are Royal and the aft are Penthouse.

Jan - since you seem to know so much about these ships, what is your opiniion of a Penthouse Suite on deck 7?

Celebrating a milestone birthday and looking for something special.

Thanks - Carol

The 2 large suites aft on deck 7 (also 6 and 8) which I know as Owners suites are WONDERFUL really special I have been in 7119, 7114, 8064 and 6091 ..very large, lots of closets..dressing table (which I love) wonderful bathroom (no separate shower unless X changes) extra 1/2 bath..on O we have flat screen TV and DVD players..these suites are sold out first on Oceania..the Royal Suites in the front are nice also..just the noise, extra movement in the bow turns me off..if you dont mind motion then that is nice also almost the exact configuration!!

Let me know if you need any other answers..!!

Jan

Archived