Attn people sailing on the Feb. 4th Pride: We are stuck onboard!!!

TravelingSmurf

Sorry to hear that it is indeed true BUT...... you need to make the best of it.... good luck in finding a hotel room, try to sightsee while in LA, make the best of it and be really thankful that the ship is not leaving out of Miami.... SUPERBOWL WEEKEND.... not a Hotel Room in site for miles and miles and miles.

It could have been worse :(

We just got off the phone with CCL. Cruise is now 6 days. $200pp for hotels and meals, a 50$ shipboard credit and a 15% refund on the cruise.

VB

Im glad you are getting that much, but I doubt they will leave Monday night. A ship thats stuck on 10 knots has a serious problem.

Fred

UPDATE:

As of now, there has not been much change. The captain said that the problem can NOT be fixed. I am not sure what that means for the next cruise. As of now, we are still due in at about 3:00-4:00 am Monday morning. We will be arriving at the San Pedro terminal instead of the Long Beach terminal. They said they will provide transportation back to Long Beach for us.

They also said we will be able to watch the Super Bowl onboard. Plus, we are “in for a big treat”. I know John Tesh is on board, so I am praying the “treat” is not a concert by him. Sorry John Tesh fans!!

It seems the ship is 50/50. 50% of the people are enjoying another day at sea, and the other 50% is complaining about EVERYTHING!! It could be worse; we could be the next ones to sail!! I really hope the next cruise won’t be affected to bad. I really do hope they can fix it.

They said there is enough food, and we brought our own booze, so we are doing just fine!

Anyway, that is about all I know for now. If anything major changes, I will try and update.

Cari

We will be arriving at the San Pedro terminal instead of the Long Beach terminal.

San Pedro Ship Yard, they have a Hydro lift to lift boats over the water, its like an elevator. Like I said before, bad motor pod. The Spirit damaged hers in Alaska about 2 years ago and had to have it replaced.

The 4th Feb cruise will most likely be cancelled, I hope they do fix it thou.

THANKS for the Update, keep them coming.

Todd Shipyard in San Pedros, they have a 12,000-ton syncrolift, not sure if that can lift a cruiseship, its mainly used for Naval ships, Distroyers and Frigates.

Fred

But does Carnival pay for those needing to reschedule flights (not booked with them)?

I came across this on Carnival's website.

"If you had air transportation scheduled for Sunday and purchased the air from Carnival, our air/sea department will change your flight to Monday and advise you of the new schedule. If you purchased independent air transportation, Carnival will reimburse up to $200 per person in change fees / additional air costs."

Archived