Attn people sailing on the Feb. 4th Pride: We are stuck onboard!!!

TravelingSmurf

We are on the Pride right now, and the ship is having mechanical issues. I don't remember what the problem is, but instead of sailing at 20 knots, we are only sailing at 10 knots. We were due to get in Sunday morning, but now we will not get in until Monday morning (good for us, bad for the next cruise)!! At least as of now, that's what we are being told. I wonder what is going to happen to the people who are due to leave this Sunday?? It is crazy here in the internet cafe right now. The line is so long! Thank goodness we have the laptop with us.

Anyway, I guess I just wanted to give a heads up to those who are sailing on the Pride February 4th.

Cari

P.S. I may not be able to get back online if anyone has questions (and I probably counldn't answer them anyway :) ). Just thought I would let you all know.

We are on the Pride right now, and the ship is having mechanical issues.

Cari

Thanks for the Info Cari, sounds like another bad Motor Prop or the Generators to run it.

Check over the side from lido deck aft, see if you see a few Crew Men with large paddle boat oars.

Also find out for us, whats Sunday Nights menu? Lobster???

Fred

That would be awful for those waiting to get on board. I wouldn't mind the extra day on the ship though. Sorry to those who are waiting. When will they know? When they arrive at the pier after check out tomorrow? What a mess. And then there are those who have reservations at hotels that they won't get refunds on, and the rooms will be held for those people, making it so that others can't find a room around the pier!:eek: I hope they can get her running and back to Long Beach soon. I hope she is all fixed up for next month.:eek:

wow--- how sad.

I wonder if the cruise will be completly cancelled. I hope someone on the feb 4th sailing lets us know.

as for those emergency phone calls-- a lot of people are already there in hotel rooms dreaming of leaving in the am when they get up.

Ah YES!! My dream to be 'stuck' on a cruise ship!! :D

The inconvienence s**ks, but it sure does sound like a good time.. FREE drinks for all! :p

I'd be more sympathetic, but we are expecting over a foot or more of snow tonight and tomorrow.. Sun and foo-foo drinks sounds wonderful at the moment :rolleyes:

Yeah - bad for the folks who are leaving...what a disappointment but I'm sure they'll be well compensated. I wouldn't mind our ship having trouble - on the way back from our last stop...maybe the disgruntled cook will throw a ladle into the engine ..or perhaps put gravy into where the oil should be...hmmm....we would be out there for days...oh how unfortunate...as long as there was still a food supply....oh forgot the food - is the booze still flowing :) ok then!!!

Yeah I just checked the Carnival site too and couldn't find anything. I notified my TA via email to see if she knew what was going on with it but I probably won't hear anything from her until tomorrow. If anybody else gets any info let us know. This has got to be a real bummer for those folks. I just read their thread and how excited they were, etc...that sucks.

Are you certain this is true??? :)

If its true, it will come out late in the news, Im sure Carnival doesnt want to tell the world one of their ships is down right now. It could be a sign of poor maintenance and weakness. Especially during Wartime conditions, there are a few Subs off the coast of San Diego right now on the hunt. :confused:

Well, we talked about it and decided if it were us and we were stuck in Long Beach for the week, we would find a last minute deal on a resort in Cabo or the like and rent a car and go. You have to make the best of it. Being on the ship would be fine with me, but I would stay on my balcony as I would not want to hear the disgruntled rant and rave about how Carnival will pay for this or that. There are always some in the bunch who can NEVER just go with the flow.

Anymore info anyone? We're suspose to be on the Carnival on the 4th. I'm on hold at Carnival still. I'm so sad...

If this is indeed true, I am sooooooo sorry for you and all the other passengers.... please tell us what you find out.....

Archived