"Deluxe" outside cabins on Sun Princess ?

Kapuna

Has anyone stayed in a "Deluxe Oceanview" cabin on the Sun Princess (category C or CC) ?

There is little information on these except that they are larger than the regular outside cabins . Do they have a sitting area ? How are they furnished (sofa , chairs , etc ) ?

Any help you could give us would be appreciated .

Hi, We stayed in a "deluxe outside stateroom" on the Sun Princess two years ago. The room looks just like a regular outside stateroom. It's the same size as a room with a balcony except the space takken up by the balcony is inside the room instead of outside.

There really isn't a sitting area. There is a chair under the window and another chair at the desk. It was nice having the extra three or four feet, but after we were on board, I wished that I had booked the balcony instead.

Hope that helps a little.

On Princess ships, except those that are being used from the old Renasiance Line, only have sitting areas in mini suites and above. None have any type of actual sitting area in the inside, outside or balcony category except for one comfortable chair and a desk chair.

I never have understood Princess listing some cabins as Deluxe Oceanview, or Deluxe this or that. They are usually just the same as the other Oceanview rooms in a better location, or they may have an extra bunk or two coming from the wall. But the cabin itself is the same no matter if it states 'oceanview' or 'deluxe oceanview'.

I believe that the deluxe oceanview cabins have a larger window that goes almost from floor to ceiling and wall to wall.

Now, that is something I have not seen on the Sun Class ships in the past. The window might be a tad bit larger, but no way it is floor to ceiling. Just a regular ships window.

Now, that is something I have not seen on the Sun Class ships in the past. The window might be a tad bit larger, but no way it is floor to ceiling. Just a regular ships window.

Benny’s right – the window is floor to ceiling. I’ve not stayed in one of these rooms, but I’ve seen them. If you look at a side view of the Sun Class, the cabins are on Dolphin Deck, and the windows are huge – there are five forward and about 10 aft.

Amazing, my apology, I had never seen these before. I know we had friends that had booked a 'deluxe outside' and they didn't have those type of windowns at all, just regular windows. Very interesting. Goes to show, you learn something new everyday.
I checked the deck plans - the original poster is questioning category C or CC - C is forward on Baja deck, CC is forward on Aloha deck. The web site says these are larger staterooms than the standard oceanview, measuring 173 square feet (standard oceanview are 135 to 155 square feet). But they are the first four cabins from the bow on each deck.

The floor to ceiling window staterooms are category D on Dolphin deck. They are listed as standard Oceanview staterooms...

Sorry for confusing the issue...

I believe that the deluxe oceanview cabins have a larger window that goes almost from floor to ceiling and wall to wall.

Does anyone have pictures of these windows? I have stayed in oceanview cabins quite a few times and have never gotten these cabins. I personally would like to know which rooms to book in the future.

Does anyone have pictures of these windows? I have stayed in oceanview cabins quite a few times and have never gotten these cabins. I personally would like to know which rooms to book in the future.
No - but if you look at the outside of the ship, you can see them...Dolphin deck is even with the lifeboats - it's also the deck where the hull of the ship is on a diagonal and gets wider - the windows look like they are balconies. From the inside, obviously the window is expansive - and I know from the doorway I could clearly see out the window - I think the cabin was in the standard configuration. But no pictures, darn it!

I hope I didn't confuse matters, if I was wrong then I am sorry. We did stay on the Dolphin deck in an ocean view cabin and it did have the fabulous big window in it, bigger than any other ship's window I had ever seen in a ship's cabin even up to now. I will try to see if I have a photo of the cabin and post it here.

Here's a photo from the outside of the ship of the window. It is the set of five windows above and to the left of the big P&O on the side of the Sun Princess. That handsome chap is my partner. I looked through my photos from that cruise and surprisingly I didn't take a photo of the cabin itself, something I always try to do. But I think from that outside photo you get the idea, the window is about the size of the larger balcony openings. As I wrote, it is almost floor to ceiling not actually floor to ceiling, and thus there is a small ledge that you could sit on to look out the window.

P4130079sm.jpg.7e088eefd72d5b0269e3c2762eddc2de.jpg

Thanks Toronto! I have stayed in the Dolphin cabins immediately to the right of those cabins (the smaller windows).

I take tons of ship pictures and I couldn't find one that covered those cabins. Thanks so much for posting the pic!

There are a few aft on Caribe as well with floor to ceiling windows. I saw them on the cruise where we were in a suite on Caribe. HUGE windows. would be awesome for alaska.

I think that's what we've got. Our TA got us a "regional special," so we decided to book the Deluxe Oceanview for the extra space.

KD

we were in cabin Caribe 702 on the Sun Princess in 2005.

the window goes the width of the room, there is a ledge, and it goes from ceilling to about waist high. there is the desk area, a large mirror above the desk, one chair. opposite wall is the TV and a sectional area with the refrigerator (I think) and 2 little shelves.

loved this deluxe outside because of the extra floor space. to have a second chair would crowd the space in front of the window.

would attach a picture if I knew how. (anyone out there who can help?)

hope this helps.:)

we were in cabin Caribe 702 on the Sun Princess in 2005.

the window goes the width of the room, there is a ledge, and it goes from ceilling to about waist high. there is the desk area, a large mirror above the desk, one chair. opposite wall is the TV and a sectional area with the refrigerator (I think) and 2 little shelves.

loved this deluxe outside because of the extra floor space. to have a second chair would crowd the space in front of the window.

would attach a picture if I knew how. (anyone out there who can help?)

hope this helps.:)

Would love to see a pic, sounds like a good cabin:D

Archived