Celebrity Secrets they usually don't tell you about

dmarch@islc.net

Hi, thanks:) glad to help. Some topics I stay away from but when

a question like this comes up? There is really no controversy to it;)

and it is easy to give the poster a quick answer:)

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for the stock tip. Just purchased my minimum 100 shares. This will be an extra $250 for my already booked July2 Med cruise on Millie! My broker said the stock is listed as a recommended "buy" from his firm (Bear Stearns), so I figure I can't lose and can always sell. Already making a 5% return just with the $250 shipboard credit! Not bad.

I'm so glad I'm reading this thread! It has just made me $450! I bought my 100 shares at 31$ per share and I will use if for a B2B November 18th and 28th. A 10 day and a 14 day =$450. Wonderful tips!!

I'm so glad I'm reading this thread! It has just made me $450! I bought my 100 shares at 31$ per share and I will use if for a B2B November 18th and 28th. A 10 day and a 14 day =$450. Wonderful tips!!

Just asked my travel agent and it can be used on one of my Celebrity sailings: Equinox March 2012 but not on Celebrity Eclipe Feb. 2013; so check the fine print.

The same applied with Celebrity passege that you buy on board. We were under the impression we could use this on any Celebrity cruise but because we got such a special discounted group price on it; no celebrity passege or stocks for SBC can be applied. Certainly lowered my feelings of Celebrity by a touch. If you read the fine print; it does say on the back of the celebrity passenge form; on some bookings under certain codes, it can not be used. Huge rip off. We could have used it IF we had wanted to pay the higher price. In the end , it was cheaper not to use it.

in Stockholder Services confirming the amount $100. $200 or $250 0onboard credit. Scan & email it back to your TA to contact them to confirm it is on your account, same with $50 birthday credit & the MBNA will send you the certs for the credits that you scan & email to your TA to apply before your cruise. I did $100 for 11/20 & still no certs after 2 weeks!!!!

How do you get the birthday credit? I will be celebrating my BD on a B2B cruise in Nov.

Don't knock it till you've tried it!

We, also, have shrimp coctail on the veranda.

Our favorite part of the evening.

Dinner is not nearly so enjoyable as just watching the world go by...

The size of the shrimp coctails vary from small to huge,

it depends on who made them.

Agreed! Not in the room, but in the MDR, we asked our waiter to have a small shrimp cocktail before our dinner each night and he brought one out every night that was waiting for us when we arrived for dinner. The funny thing is we were a group of 4 and it started w/ four shrimp--as I learned from talking to the waiter on this cruise there are certain cultures where eating all of your food shows you weren't satisfied (i.e. you didn't have enough food). Each night we finished the shrimp cocktail and the next day there were more shrimp included. It was a 13 night cruise . . . by the end of the cruise we had a pretty massive shrimp cocktail sitting there.

To this day, our ongoing joke when we see the other couple we were with is that we serve shrimp and no one eats it anymore! We were let's just say glutinous on this particular cruise . . .

Agreed! Not in the room, but in the MDR, we asked our waiter to have a small shrimp cocktail before our dinner each night and he brought one out every night that was waiting for us when we arrived for dinner. The funny thing is we were a group of 4 and it started w/ four shrimp--as I learned from talking to the waiter on this cruise there are certain cultures where eating all of your food shows you weren't satisfied (i.e. you didn't have enough food). Each night we finished the shrimp cocktail and the next day there were more shrimp included. It was a 13 night cruise . . . by the end of the cruise we had a pretty massive shrimp cocktail sitting there.

To this day, our ongoing joke when we see the other couple we were with is that we serve shrimp and no one eats it anymore! We were let's just say glutinous on this particular cruise . . .

Hi Tara:) just off topic for one moment~I hope you come back to

roll call and chat with us again:D

Here is a little known secret. If you are taking 2 Celebrity cruises and there is a day between when on arrives and the other departs, Celebrity will pay for your room. I know several frequent cruisiers who've taken advantage of this.

Wow! I've never heard this before. How does one go about getting this? Does Celebrity really pay for it or is it added on to the price of the cruise?

Wow! I've never heard this before. How does one go about getting this? Does Celebrity really pay for it or is it added on to the price of the cruise?

I didn't know this either. Do you have to book direct with Celebrity to get this or can any travel agent gibe it to you?

I had booked thru Celebrity for my next 2 cruises (and had not yet transferred the reservations to a TA). Cruise 1 is out of Miami and Cruise 2 is out of FLL w/ a day between. They are putting us up in the FLL Hilton Marina for the 'tween day then transferring us to Ship 2. I've gotten conflicting information but I believe I'll have to get myself from Mia to fLL and then back again. Celebrity SAYS otherwise but there is NOTHING in my papers to document that. I can no longer talk w them due to having a TA and SHE Celebrity who repeated that but neither she nor I could get them to put it in writing. Celebrity is pretty good about backing up what they say, but we'll see. I won't be too bent if they don't.

I had booked thru Celebrity for my next 2 cruises (and had not yet transferred the reservations to a TA). Cruise 1 is out of Miami and Cruise 2 is out of FLL w/ a day between. They are putting us up in the FLL Hilton Marina for the 'tween day then transferring us to Ship 2. I've gotten conflicting information but I believe I'll have to get myself from Mia to fLL and then back again. Celebrity SAYS otherwise but there is NOTHING in my papers to document that. I can no longer talk w them due to having a TA and SHE Celebrity who repeated that but neither she nor I could get them to put it in writing. Celebrity is pretty good about backing up what they say, but we'll see. I won't be too bent if they don't.

Nice hotel; I would imagine Celebrity would throw that in as they are transferrign many from MIA ro FLL but if you need transportation; call SAS; cheapest 954 600 0240 but I think you need to book in advance.

bump

From Cruise Critic Community Guidelines:

Bumping

Please do not manipulate postings on the boards by "bumping" topics to the top of the forum. Members will assume something of value has been posted, only to find that the newest posting is nothing more than a "bump post". This only wastes everyone's time.

Okay, I've been on two M Class Ships - Millennium and Infinity and never even seen Persian Gardens? Where are they located? Maybe that's the best kept secret of all.

:)I think the Persian Gardens are only on the S ships, am I wrong?

Can you tell me where I can get one of those big X Elite logos?

• 1 month later...
We just upgraded our Constellation veranda to a "suite guarantee", figuring any 250 square foot Sky Suite would be an improvement over 190 square foot veranda. And it was only about $25 per person for the upgrade.

Well, we got assigned a 460 square foot Celebrity Suite right in the center of the ship! No balcony, but this is an arctic cruise, so the floor to ceiling windows in the sitting area more than make up for it.

Hi There!

I'm a Newbie to the cc boards.

How did you do this $25? We booked through a TA.

I'm booked in what I think is a pretty fantastic Family Veranda, aft, corner room on Vista deck... after reading the boards I'm thinking an "upgrade" might be a "downgrade" if I get a sky suite as our room is 272 sq ft and our balcony is somewhere around the same size...

For my brother, however, who is booked in an inside cabin...

thx

Hi There!

I'm a Newbie to the cc boards.

How did you do this $25? We booked through a TA.

I'm booked in a pretty fantastic Family Veranda, aft, corner room on Vista deck... after reading the boards I'm thinking an "upgrade" might be a "downgrade" if I get a sky suite as our room is 272 sq ft and our balcony is somewhere around the same size...

For my brother, however, who is booked in an inside cabin...

thx

Don't think of upgrading. You have the second best veranda on the ship. The only one better is the Penthouse. You also have the largest non-suite cabin on the ship and it is larger than some of the smaller suites. I presume you've seen photos, but if not I have lots on my photo site.

The upgrade people were talking about were probably related to short term specials and discounts sometimes offered late in the booking process to fill up the ship. One can always upgrade by paying the difference in cost between what they've actually paid the asking price for the upgrade cabin.

Persian Gardens are on all M and S class ships. The Relaxation Lounge is a new feature on S class open to those in AQ and spa guests. It's a lovely quiet place to relax before and after spa hours.

Persian Gardens on equinox:

2908842020104945102S600x600Q85.jpg

Relaxation Lounge:

2704562550104945102S600x600Q85.jpg

I think one of the reasons folks miss out on things is that for some reason they are afraid to ask. For example, if you would like to see the bridge, ask at the front desk...ditto for the kitchen, backstage, engine control room. Sometimes they have tours, sometimes they announce them in the daily paper, but quite often they just happen. Earlier this year, we stumbled on a wonderful ship run (complete with hazzan) full sedar dinner on the eclipse for Passover (for about 200 people as it turned out) because we asked....it was never announced.

The worst that can happen is that they say no....but you won't know if you don't ask.

I think one of the reasons folks miss out on things is that for some reason they are afraid to ask. For example, if you would like to see the bridge, ask at the front desk...ditto for the kitchen, backstage, engine control room. Sometimes they have tours, sometimes they announce them in the daily paper, but quite often they just happen. Earlier this year, we stumbled on a wonderful ship run (complete with hazzan) full sedar dinner on the eclipse for Passover (for about 200 people as it turned out) because we asked....it was never announced.

The worst that can happen is that they say no....but you won't know if you don't ask.

If our leader from the Cruise Critic listing and organizer asks for the whole group you will receive invitations automatically from the Equinox for different tours.

This has happened for us before. Probably best to approach the CD.

Archived