Mushroom soup recipe

shofer

I REALLY DON'T UNDERSTAND THE RULES CONCERNING POSTINGS!

I asked a question on how to get from the airport to the cruise port for the Crown and it was moved. But soup is OK????

I imagine that your question was moved to the forum for ports because it was not specific to Princess? The OP's question relates directly to Princess info, so this is the correct forum for the question? Just a guess...

To the OP, thanks for posting, I am looking forward to the answer! And does anyone know if it is possible to purchase this Princess cookbook from bookstores, or is it cruise-only?

OK I am on the Crown Princess for a B2B I am being told if I take a bus from Prov. then I must pay a RT. I am then looking for air, the air could take me into LGA or JFK what I need to know is the transfer from LGA and JFK . This would be greatly appreciated!!!!

-Patti

Cream of Porcini Soup

Serves 6 to 8

3 tablespoons butter

½ cup onion, diced

¼ leek, diced

½ cup celery, diced

½ pound button mushrooms, sliced

½ pound porcini mushrooms, sliced

4 ounces ****ake mushrooms

4 ounces morel mushrooms

4 ounces chanterelle mushrooms

4 ounces oyster mushrooms

¼ cup dry sherry

1 cup potatoes, peeled and diced

3 cups chicken or vegetable stock

2 cups fresh cream

2 tablespoons tarragon, chopped

1 tablespoon parsley, chopped

salt and pepper

nutmeg

tarragon sprigs

Melt the butter in a stock pot. Add the onions, leeks and celery and sauté over a moderate heat until the vegetables are tender and slightly translucent. Do not brown the vegetables. Reserve 6 or so pieces of each mushroom variety to be used later as garnish. Add the remainder of the mushrooms to the vegetables and sauté for approximately 10 to 12 minutes or until the mushrooms have softened and most of the water has evaporated. Add the sherry and reduce. Add the potatoes and stock and simmer uncovered until all of the vegetables are tender.

Allow the soup to cool slightly so it can be handled without burning yourself. Using a blender, food processor or stick mixer, puree the soup. The soup should not be perfectly smooth, but should be palatable. Return the soup to the stock pot.

Using a whisk, slightly whip the cream until frothy. Return the soup to the stove. Add the cream and gently bring the soup to a simmer. Add the chopped tarragon and parsley and season with the salt, pepper and a touch of nutmeg.

Saute the reserved mushroom pieces in a small amount of butter until tender and golden. Season with salt and pepper. Fill soup cups or bowls and arrange the sautéed mushroom pieces floating on the soup with a sprig of fresh tarragon.

My first post to these boards and counting down (slowly) to my very first cruise. Coral to Alaska on Sep.3 after tour portion to Denali. I can't wait for a bowl of that soup and pledge to have it every night of the cruise (more if it is offered!). Really enjoy this forum and have had all of my questions answered. Thanks all...

Archived