Queen Victoria - World Cruise 2008

KenC

Roscoe - quite a picture. Are you a diver? Can't believe there has been much of a change. Many things improve with age. Old has always been 10 years older than my current age, and I'm way ahead of you already.

Thanks for the pix

Larry

Roscoe - quite a picture. Are you a diver? Can't believe there has been much of a change. Many things improve with age. Old has always been 10 years older than my current age, and I'm way ahead of you already.

Thanks for the pix

Larry

swimmer mainly...ask ken...hes seen the pics...lol

luckily i dont have any recent pics of me in a speedo..and that one was taken....20 years ago!

Youll see much better in acapulco im sure...keep your ummmmm eyes peeled...:eek: :D

swimmer mainly...ask ken...hes seen the pics...lol

luckily i dont have any recent pics of me in a speedo..and that one was taken....20 years ago!

Youll see much better in acapulco im sure...keep your ummmmm eyes peeled...:eek: :D

Damn .... I missed it - couldn't have been up for very long!!! ;)

Is it the same one as before? I'm sure you are just as cute now Roscoe - there's just more of you to be cute :D

Ken

All I could think of is - I wear my socks on my feet...

It is a great picture and different than the first one. A suspended in air shot.

Thank you

Larry

Rats, haven't seen that one :( .... hey Roscoe how about displaying your talent (diving) when the rest of the world is awake to see ??? ;)

Ken

Hey Larry - 4 weeks tomorrow!!!! :eek:

Rats, haven't seen that one :( .... hey Roscoe how about displaying your talent (diving) when the rest of the world is awake to see ??? ;)

Ken

Hey Larry - 4 weeks tomorrow!!!! :eek:

sure....as soon as larry posts some pics from his clothing optional cruise and ken posts some pics of his christmas tree.....lol

It's getting close. Good thing the Holidays are a distraction to the wait.

The virtual tour of the QV has heightened my excitement. Watched it a couple of times now. Maybe on this cruise I will be able to find my way around before the last day. The ship has a simple deck plan. Not like finding the Queens Ball room and the Disco on QM2.

Tours are booked except Barbados. Sponanitey is for Barbados and from 3 to 4 every afternoon, unless there is something in the daily calendar I need to do. Actually, I check the calendar and decide what would be fun to do - and then just float through the day and if I make it - OK, if not even better. Spa appointments and dinner are the only fixed times.

Ken - you asked a while back about RCL Diamond Plus upgrades. I was given a number to call 14 days before the cruise, and if an upgrade is available, I'll get it. I also get to pick a RCL gift to be delivered. Last cruise I was called the frist night about did I want to move to the Owners Suite. What a question. The upgrades cross over - inside to outside - outside to balcony - balcony to suite. Might save me money in the future. And after the 49th cruise - the single supplement is 50%. They must figure after 49 cruises - the spouse has passed on. Watching prices before the cruise - like you did on the Censtellation - is another way I've gotten better deals or upgraded cabins. I have 16 cruise points on Celebrity and have not received an upgrade from them.

Roscoe - I hope the upgrade fairy visits you for the QV - if I was on your cruise - I know how you cold get use of a balcony cabin.

Larry

The virtual tour of the QV has heightened my excitement. Watched it a couple of times now. Maybe on this cruise I will be able to find my way around before the last day. The ship has a simple deck plan. Not like finding the Queens Ball room and the Disco on QM2.

Tours are booked except Barbados. Sponanitey is for Barbados and from 3 to 4 every afternoon, unless there is something in the daily calendar I need to do. Actually, I check the calendar and decide what would be fun to do - and then just float through the day and if I make it - OK, if not even better. Spa appointments and dinner are the only fixed times.

Ken - you asked a while back about RCL Diamond Plus upgrades. I was given a number to call 14 days before the cruise, and if an upgrade is available, I'll get it. I also get to pick a RCL gift to be delivered. Last cruise I was called the frist night about did I want to move to the Owners Suite. What a question. The upgrades cross over - inside to outside - outside to balcony - balcony to suite. Might save me money in the future. And after the 49th cruise - the single supplement is 50%. They must figure after 49 cruises - the spouse has passed on. Watching prices before the cruise - like you did on the Censtellation - is another way I've gotten better deals or upgraded cabins. I have 16 cruise points on Celebrity and have not received an upgrade from them.

Roscoe - I hope the upgrade fairy visits you for the QV - if I was on your cruise - I know how you cold get use of a balcony cabin.

Larry

rusty ...youre as baad as ken!

I must say it is getting exciting for me too and I have to wait a few more months than you guys! A couple of friends are talking about doing a trip around the horn so will be interesting to see when they start posting the QV itineraries if they will always take her through the canal...

I might look at booking LA to Auckland on the next trip down. My friends have just got off the QE2 and were very disappointed with the rate she has gone downhill since our last trip on her through the canal last year. In my head Ive moved on from the Q so long live Vicky!

Hope its not too cold for you Ken...I have a friend in Weybridge at the moment and hes freezing his wedding tackle off.....!

I keep looking at it too - with all the great photos coming out I can't believe some of the bitchy comments that are still being aimed at her!!! There are still too many liner nuts out there that think every ship must look like QE2 :eek:

Hey Larry - which day are we in Barbados??? Or are you planning a long swim??? There are so many sea days on this trip - you can do nothing else but relax.

Wow, that sounds worth having - how many cruises have you got on RCI??? We've only just gone to 'Select' on Celebrity but have had the one free upgrade - I think it depends on popularity of itineraries.

Roscoe - I hope the upgrade fairy visits you for the QV - if I was on your cruise - I know how you cold get use of a balcony cabin......Larry

I don't think it's the upgrade fairy Roscoe is worried about !!!! ;)

Ken

rusty ...youre as baad as ken!.....

Roscoe - you are just a bad influence on us boyz!!! :D

I must say it is getting exciting for me too and I have to wait a few more months than you guys! A couple of friends are talking about doing a trip around the horn so will be interesting to see when they start posting the QV itineraries if they will always take her through the canal......

Can't see them taking QV around the horn any time soon - not when QM2 HAS to go that route to the Pacific because of her size. Her 2009 World Cruise is more or less the same route as 2008 with a few different ports.

I might look at booking LA to Auckland on the next trip down. My friends have just got off the QE2 and were very disappointed with the rate she has gone downhill since our last trip on her through the canal last year. In my head Ive moved on from the Q so long live Vicky!.....

A transPacific trip would be cool - would love to go back to Hawaii again, and haven't been to NZ or Australia yet ;) . I have been disappointed in QE2 for the past 20 years - never thought she lived up to the hype. There was no way she was going to stay with Cunard once they had a brand new ship - comparisons would be embarassing.

Hope its not too cold for you Ken...I have a friend in Weybridge at the moment and hes freezing his wedding tackle off.....!

It is pretty damn cold here (currently 35 deg F on the coast) and has been for the past week - below freezing inland. Fortunately it finally stopped raining when the cold snap came. Can't wait to get away to the sun (again :D )

Ken

Never mind about the Xmas tree - here's the webcam view from the bottom of the street!!!

Ken

wow! ken....thats great...I know exactly where your street is...I waunderred up it a couple of years back and have a very similar pic of the pier looming up from the mist taken from just about the same position!

Its fun reading the rave reviews..... exactly a repeat of the QM2 after she did her first voyage...people can be sooooooo predictable!

I spose it would be doubtful they would send the QV round the horn...and I cant forsee another trip on the QM2, great ship but a little too big for me. LA to Auckl was very reasonable, i think the last time I saw it advertised for this first year it was about $4000 usd, not bad for 16 days.

Its become very humid here and Ive forgotten what winter was like..luckily it doesnt get that cold down here...but still...some more summer is always nice!

wow! ken....thats great...I know exactly where your street is...I waunderred up it a couple of years back and have a very similar pic of the pier looming up from the mist taken from just about the same position!

So close ... yet so far ... no excuse in the future now!!! ;)

Its fun reading the rave reviews..... exactly a repeat of the QM2 after she did her first voyage...people can be sooooooo predictable!

It's also amazing to read all the QE2 anoraks saying that they have now decided to give up and try QV because she's looking so attractive ... now that's predictable :D

I spose it would be doubtful they would send the QV round the horn...and I cant forsee another trip on the QM2, great ship but a little too big for me. LA to Auckl was very reasonable, i think the last time I saw it advertised for this first year it was about $4000 usd, not bad for 16 days.

Where did you sail on QM2 .... too big, for you ??? :eek:

Its become very humid here and Ive forgotten what winter was like..luckily it doesnt get that cold down here...but still...some more summer is always nice!

Lucky you!!! It's still hovering around freezing - which is VERY cold for the UK, especially when you live in a draughty 1820's town house!!!

Ken ;)

Hi

Don't know where Barbados came from. I ment Aruba. One of the nice things about crusing, is once on the ship - it takes care of me and I have very few decisions to make. Remind me to get off in LA.

Waiting for the ticket.

Cunard has a nice daily posting about the QV maiden voyage. John Maxtone Graham and his wife Mary are on the ship. He lectured on the Constellation TA trip in September. Charming couple. I bought his 'The only Way to Cross' Great history on TA ships and the Normandy capsized in NY at the pier next to where the QV will be.

Larry

Hi

Don't know where Barbados came from. I ment Aruba. One of the nice things about crusing, is once on the ship - it takes care of me and I have very few decisions to make. Remind me to get off in LA.

That's a relief - thought you were on another cruise there Larry!! We've gone and booked DePalm Island on Aruba because we want to sit on a beach in comfort with amenities :eek:

Cunard has a nice daily posting about the QV maiden voyage. John Maxtone Graham and his wife Mary are on the ship. He lectured on the Constellation TA trip in September. Charming couple. I bought his 'The only Way to Cross' Great history on TA ships and the Normandy capsized in NY at the pier next to where the QV will be.

Larry

Yes, I've been reading that too - hasn't grumbled about the lack of drawers yet!! I can do without the drawers as long as there are enough shelves. JMG was on the QM2 maiden voyage too - such an interesting man as you say. We have Bill Miller on our sector - read many of his books so hopefully he will be interesting too.

Can't believe it's Christmas next week :eek: But then the week after we are in Key West :) and the week after on Queen Victoria :D

Hooray!!

Ken

Got our docs in the post this morning - all we have to do now is GO :D

My ticket says Formal 0, Semi Formal 0, Elegant Casual 0 - so Larry it looks like it could be clothing optional after all !!! :eek:

Ken

KEN - ''My ticket says Formal 0, Semi Formal 0, Elegant Casual 0 - so Larry it looks like it could be clothing optional after all !!! :eek:''

Not a problem keeping the luggage under to 50# limit.

Merry Christmas and have a great time in Key West. You will have a head start on a tan. Any tan lines?

I don't have my tickets yet - but my TA should be back in NY today after the Maiden Voyage. Waiting for the review.

Larry

.......Merry Christmas and have a great time in Key West. You will have a head start on a tan. Any tan lines?

Larry

Merry Christmas to one and all - just off to Wales to spend Christmas with sister :D

Back for New year before flying off to Florida on 2nd :cool: Yes there are tan lines ;)

Only 3 weeks to go !!!

Ken

Merry Christmas to one and all - just off to Wales to spend Christmas with sister :D

Back for New year before flying off to Florida on 2nd :cool: Yes there are tan lines ;)

Only 3 weeks to go !!!

Ken

MERRY CHRISTMAS guys....its christmas eve here....the shops are mad...people are in a panic...the driving is atrocious...the weather is beautiful and warm....and im going on holiday in 13 weeks....so i dont care!

Hope you all have a nice break...hugs

Roscoe - I forgot you are on the other side of the date line - we have what you described to look forward to tomorrow.

I received an email from my TA that was on the maiden voyage. He said the lack of drawers was the talk of the ship - in all cabins. Stacked things in the bottom of the closet. Other than that - a great ship. Lots of Cunard History on the ship. He did not do the boxes as it seemed rather elitest. Said the Victorian show is as good as anything in New York or West End - not to be missed. Always got good seats in the theatre. The Elton John tribute really seemed like Elton. Really looking forward to the trip. It is overshadowing the Holidays. What a great way to start the year - and then ending with maiden voyage of Solstice.

Happy New Year and may everyone have lots to sea days in 2008.

Larry

Roscoe - I forgot you are on the other side of the date line - we have what you described to look forward to tomorrow.

Larry

well its here at last....im planning a day on my , locked the door got a roast chicken on the bbq and a pile of dvds and a 1 kilo block of chocolate all at the ready. Been to the gym already so feel very superior!

Yes the drawers were what my TA mentioned as well...maybe we share the same one! Thought wed have some more pics by now otherwise what was the point of all these TAs getting the freebies..... so it willbe your job Rusty....

The boxes dont interest me other than adding the atmosphere in the room, but i am looking forward to a bit of a tango in the ball room, it looks grander and more elegant than the QE2 one...(await flame)...all in all I'm looking forward to a long association with the QV already!

Archived