Queen Victoria - World Cruise 2008

KenC

sorry ken...havnt been around much....the houses in my street here in Auckland light up for christmas...its become a big of a tourist attraction and Ive been dressing my house for the big turn on which was last night....thought youd like a look at what i did......

[ATTACH]63955[/ATTACH]

:D

Camp or what???? :eek:

Always thought you'd be lit up like a Christmas tree given half a chance!!! :D

Love it ;)

Ken

:D

Camp or what???? :eek:

Always thought you'd be lit up like a Christmas tree given half a chance!!! :D

Love it ;)

Ken

not only is my house the gayest house in the village.............it IS the ONLY gay house in the village:D

Hello Group - just got caught up on the postings.

Just back from Vision - and I got upgraded to the Owners Suite. Bath bigger than most of my past cabins. Had open party after CC meeting - Brunch for 8 when pulling into Cabo - right next to wing where captian and horbor pilot guide ship into port - so visited with them every entry and exit from ports. Had an English couple at dinner table - so hosted afternoon tea in cabin for 8 yesterday. Great Trip.

Cocktails at 10:30 six weeks from tonight - YES

Jackets - how civilized to let us not wear a tie on casual night - ick! I'm taking a turtle neck - two sport coats - and hoping they do not enforce ties, but will have several ties with me in case. QM2 was slacks and shirts many nights in the Caribbean.

Vivavino - you have more booking than I do. Have to talk about 2009.

Smoking - I still smoke, but quit on my last three cruises. Not successful. So full of acupuncture holes I'm surprised I don't leak liquid when I drink. It works for the cruise. If it's smoking or QV, I'll go for QV.

Roscoe - Your house looks great. My Christmas is a Charlie Brown Christmas tree decorated in Silver Plastic ornaments so the cats can paly with them.

Pictures of the QV are real. Like what I would take, but I get the idea and excitement is building.

Decompressing from Vision - so signing off.

Have fun

Larry

Just back from Vision - and I got upgraded to the Owners Suite. Bath bigger than most of my past cabins. Had open party after CC meeting - Brunch for 8 when pulling into Cabo - right next to wing where captian and horbor pilot guide ship into port - so visited with them every entry and exit from ports. Had an English couple at dinner table - so hosted afternoon tea in cabin for 8 yesterday. Great Trip.

Jackets - how civilized to let us not wear a tie on casual night - ick! I'm taking a turtle neck - two sport coats - and hoping they do not enforce ties, but will have several ties with me in case. QM2 was slacks and shirts many nights in the Caribbean.

Vivavino - you have more booking than I do. Have to talk about 2009.

Smoking - I still smoke, but quit on my last three cruises. Not successful. So full of acupuncture holes I'm surprised I don't leak liquid when I drink. It works for the cruise. If it's smoking or QV, I'll go for QV.

Roscoe - Your house looks great. My Christmas is a Charlie Brown Christmas tree decorated in Silver Plastic ornaments so the cats can paly with them.

Pictures of the QV are real. Like what I would take, but I get the idea and excitement is building.

Have fun

Larry

larry you cant do that and not post a pic.....come on DISS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like you had a GOOD time - upgrades are brilliant but I will be most upset if you get one on QV and I don't (only joking - don't think there will be many of those on this trip).

CC Cocktails at 10.30 in the Chart Room first night out - have you added your name on the Cunard rollcall? The girls will be all a-twitter ;)

It's not the ties I'm bothered about on informal (and I don't think they will enforce it - moaned about an Italian family in jacket and jeans on formal night on QM2 to be told it was all the 'formal' clothes they had!!), it's the jackets on casual that's the pain. Already bringing 6 without casual!!:rolleyes:

Sounds like QV will be much more non-smoking than her sisters - good job there's acupuncture on board!!!

Have fun Larry

Decompressing or detoxing???? :D

Cheers

Ken

ken and rusty...you of course have seen the web cam is now up and running......a little confused as to what we are looking at... Now i know you guys would like it postitioned in the sauna...but i think its looking at soem decking somewhere........

Roscoe - thanks for the infor on the web cam. In the sauna would be much better - but if it's like the QM2, it will be coed. The big therapy pool looks great. I wonder if it will reqire a fee to use - or if you can use it before appointments.

Ken - I only have three cruises on Cunard, so no chance of an upgrade. I like the standard cabins - they look alot like the QM2. I have 28 cruise points on RCL and 16 on Celebrity. The double points and extra points for long cruises helped a lot.

Tried to attach a picture to my signature - let's see if it worked.

Larry

Roscoe - thanks for the infor on the web cam. In the sauna would be much better - but if it's like the QM2, it will be coed. The big therapy pool looks great. I wonder if it will reqire a fee to use - or if you can use it before appointments.

Ken - I only have three cruises on Cunard, so no chance of an upgrade. I like the standard cabins - they look alot like the QM2. I have 28 cruise points on RCL and 16 on Celebrity. The double points and extra points for long cruises helped a lot.

Tried to attach a picture to my signature - let's see if it worked.

Larry

yes been wonderring if it was worth while getting a spa pass for my trip but Im not sure of the cost....or whether id use it. The pics of the area look quite nice so it would be worth a look at least. Im hoping you guys will post once on board and advise what we should or should not be doing....

Im in a guarantee so it will be interesting what grade I end up with...ive only had 3 so far....

so wheres the pic of the chrissie tree rusty...?? we are all waiting in heavy antici pation...

ps nice pic by the way....are you entitled to wear white then?

I'm sure there would be sights there that we might all prefer not to see - better where it is :eek:

Don't think they take anything like that into account - my two trips on QE2 I was upgrade from Caronia to Princess Grill each time, but nothing so far on QM2. You're right about the standard cabins, they do look a lot like QM2's.

Tried to attach a picture to my signature - let's see if it worked.....Larry

Nice Tux Larry - don't take any notice of that Kiwi person, white suits you just fine :D

Ken

Hi Guys,

Well there will be 4 more of us joining you. My Partner Frank and I (Tony) will be boarding in Ft. Lauderdale along with 2 other freinds of ours, Paul from London, and Gary from Oregon. So don't have to much fun until we get there. We are part of the PP group.

Looking forward to meeting everyone, and can't wait to get on board.

Regards

Tony

Hi Tony

fear not, you guys are on the list!!! Come find us in the Commodore Club pre dinner - we will have it warmed up by then with a bit of luck!!

*New York to Los Angeles* (8)

Darrell6t (Darrell? & partner) - pied piper

Cornus (Jack) & Tricyrtis (Brent) - pied piper

Rusty311 (Larry) - pied piper

Vivavino (David) - pied piper?

KenC (Ken & Phill)

*Fort Lauderdale to Los Angeles* (4)

Cruiser53 (Tony & Frank + Paul & Gary) - pied piper

*Singapore to Southampton*

Roscoe39 (Roscoe)

*Dubai to Southampton*

NIBiker69 (?)

Cheers

Ken & Phill

Hi,

Looking forward to seeing all you guys at the Comodores Club. Not to long to go.

Tony

yes you guys are going to have a fabulous trip....id certainly like to do that sector again myself.... It look slike its going to be a bit lonely on my bit....im not going to have anyone to play with....that should keep my bf happy!;)

The next time you do the list, you can make that Darrell & Erik instead of Darrell & partner. We are really looking forward to this trip. (Except for all the dressing up.) We sent in our request for shore excursions earlier this week.

The next time you do the list, you can make that Darrell & Erik instead of Darrell & partner. We are really looking forward to this trip. (Except for all the dressing up.) We sent in our request for shore excursions earlier this week.

Darrell & Erik it is - see you soon :D

What shore exes have you gone for???

Ken

Pied Piper recommended several so we would go as a group and that is what we did. Tropical Forest Skywalk & Gardens in Puntarenas. The Cliff Divers in Acapulco. Tropical Frutr Plantation in Manzanillo. PP may do something privately in Aruba.

Pied Piper recommended several so we would go as a group and that is what we did. Tropical Forest Skywalk & Gardens in Puntarenas. The Cliff Divers in Acapulco. Tropical Frutr Plantation in Manzanillo. PP may do something privately in Aruba.

We were thinking of doing Palm Island on Aruba (just on Aruba last month), the cliff divers via boat in Acapulco (to avoid the hotel floor show after), maybe something longer in Manzanillo (as we haven't been to that part of Mexico before), Puntarenas we know so will just do some shopping in the local market for boxes to match one we got two years ago ...... what to do in Fort Lala though, when we will have already spent a week or so in Miami and Key West!!! :D

Ken

We were thinking of doing Palm Island on Aruba (just on Aruba last month), the cliff divers via boat in Acapulco (to avoid the hotel floor show after), maybe something longer in Manzanillo (as we haven't been to that part of Mexico before), Puntarenas we know so will just do some shopping in the local market for boxes to match one we got two years ago ...... what to do in Fort Lala though, when we will have already spent a week or so in Miami and Key West!!! :D

Ken

sweetie darling......i think your wasting your breath on "those other forums"!....tho it is interesting that the tide is now turning after some of her biggest detractors have now seen her. Isnt it amazing how you can knock something you havent even seen????? and of course now they will suddenly become her biggest fans...all because of a little free time and a sherry searved with some old cheese and a cracker.

I personally cant wait...I bet you cant either.

If you are looking for something to do in Fort Lauderdale...I did the mansion last year...the Vincenzo or something...its on the excursion list again this year. I am pretty sure the unmarried guy who built it was "family"... he ended up moving the young (and handsome) architect who designed it, into the house with him after it was finished and took him on a years holiday to Europe to choose antiques.... Though Im sure it was only for their health.....

My alarm bells were ringing ........very loudly!.....

and somehow I dont think he was alone in that particular village!

anyway...very interesting tour and I thought very reasonable for the price.

Hello

Roscoe - thanks for the sugestion in FLL. I added the tour of the Vizcaya Museum and Gardens. Thought the trip to and from would be interesting. You are right - I can't even pretend to wear white, so replaced picture with my Christmas tree. Would white be OK if my underwear is black?

Other tours are the PP recommended - PA4-365A Sky walk & Pura Vida Gardens 9:15 - 5:45. ZLO-F1 Fruit Plantation 10 AM - 4 PM ACA-B1 Cliff Divers and Bay Cruise 9 AM - 11:30

I ilke staying on the ship when in port - it's really peaceful, but with two sea days between most ports, I'll take tours and see things.

Googled QV Southampton and saw interesting pictures of QV coming in Friday morning. I thinks she looks great. Can't wait to see she in person. After having balconies on ships, the QE2 is not appealing to me.

Off to dinner (CA time)

Have fun

Larry

Hello

Larry

what a great looking tree rusty...im sure your pussy is having lots of fun playing with the decorations!!! I personally thought the white tux looked ......well....white......no matter what that english person initmated...fortunately hes going to warm up a chair for me in the champagne bar.....pity i dont drink.

Yes the Vizcaya...thats it...brilliant excursion.....keep your ears pricked for any information...of course tactful me asked the guide straight up if he was gay....funnily enough she said she thought he was quietly and then changed the subject....

We had a great guide and the gardens were incredible considerring it is basically swamp.

Acapulco was a place Id happily not go back to, I found the pollution affected my sinus' and I only got relief once we got back to the ship and into the airconditioning. I hope you dont have the same problem...it was abit unpleasant......the only light spot of the day was the divers running up the steps to the restaurant looking for their tip.....but weve been over that!

I hope youve made your way through the new pics posted..100 or so of them....check under the cunard forum for the link....

Hi Roscoe - nice tree. Yours is taller, but mine is thicker.

I have not been to Acapulco for 20 years. Used to rent a house for Thanksgiving and hosted the Thanksgiving night cocktail party - for almost everyone at the gay beach. Great times. Houston hosted the Friday after Thanksgiving party and SF hosted the Saturday night party. Those were the drinking days. Bet it has changed a lot since then, I know I have. I think the morning boat ride and viewing the divers will be nice. Advertise the divers will be on board the boat after the show. And the tour is over at 11:30 - so can spend the afternoon on the QV.

I veiwed many of the photos of the inside of the QV. It is living up to the renderings. The railing in the theatre? Could it be the front rows are reserved for Grill Guests? Can hardly wait. Only 5 weeks from tomorrow.

Tour payment - I'm faxing my tour reservation to Cunard. If I read it right - they will bill my cabin for the charges. I faxed the car reservation to Cunard and have not heard anything. Hope the transfer is in my ticket packet.

Derek from PP boards the QV Tuesday for the maiden Christmas market cruise. Hope he passes on some tips about the ship and what to do.

Have fun

Larry

Archived