Queen Victoria - World Cruise 2008

KenC

hey ken...welcome back...dont forget to pack your kilt.....;)

Not a Scot so feel a bit of a phoney wearing a kilt ;) But whatever rocks your boat!!!

Received confirmation of prebooked excursions by e-mail yesterday. We're doing Vizcaya in Miami, De Palm Island in Aruba, Acapulco Bay cruise with divers, Colonial Colima and Pyramids in Manzanillo.

Ken

Not a Scot so feel a bit of a phoney wearing a kilt ;) But whatever rocks your boat!!!

Received confirmation of prebooked excursions by e-mail yesterday. We're doing Vizcaya in Miami, De Palm Island in Aruba, Acapulco Bay cruise with divers, Colonial Colima and Pyramids in Manzanillo.

Ken

...boy only a few short weeks now....do you think youll get a chance to post while on board Ken? Ill be waiting with breathless excitment! Be very interested in your thoughts on the Pyramids at Manzanillo, sounds like you have a good group on board for your sector, I hope you have a great time..

...boy only a few short weeks now....do you think youll get a chance to post while on board Ken? Ill be waiting with breathless excitment! Be very interested in your thoughts on the Pyramids at Manzanillo, sounds like you have a good group on board for your sector, I hope you have a great time..

Thanks Roscoe ..... OK, just for you I will endeavour to post whilst onboard ;) Anyways ...... with Gold CWC I get two free hours internet access :D ...... and I will be back home before you sail!!!!

Cheers

Ken

Hello - everyone made it through Christmas - and now on to the New Year. With the QV trip - it's overshadowing the holidays for me. Can hardly wait and it's two weeks from Sunday. I have not received my tickets yet, but not worried.

Ken & Phill - I will be on the Vizcaya and Acapulco Bay Cruise with you. The pyramids sound interesting - I signed up for the PP Plantation tour.

This week end is getting wardrobe ready. I received a cumberbun and bow tie for Christmas. Does anyone know how to tie a bow tie?

Have fun in Key West.

Roscoe - we will post reviews for you. I didn't know Gold got some free interent. I believe it takes 7 cruises for the next level, and I only have three cruises before this one. Do they take number of days into considration?

Larry

This week end is getting wardrobe ready. I received a cumberbun and bow tie for Christmas. Does anyone know how to tie a bow tie?

really rusty...we didnt go to Radcliffe did we.,...??? for your benefit here we go...

1.Start with end in right hand, extending 1.5 inch below that in left hand.

2. Cross longer end over shorter and pass up through loop.

3. Form front loop of bow by doubling up shorter end (hanging) end placing across collar points.

4. Hold this front loop with thumb and forefinger of right hand. Drop long end down over front.

5. Place left forefinger pointing up on bottom half of hanging part. Pass up behind front loop and...

6. Poke resulting loop though knot behind front loop. Even ends and tighten

personally I think the ladies have it easier...all they have to do is work out which shoes go with which handbag. Oh bugger....we have that too!

Thanks Roscoe ..... OK, just for you I will endeavour to post whilst onboard ;) Anyways ...... with Gold CWC I get two free hours internet access :D ...... and I will be back home before you sail!!!!

Cheers

Ken

well Ill be expecting a full report when you get back and ill be looking for your warmed seat in the commodore club....., i wonder if you are packing your own seat of drawers!>>?????? there had been talk about them fitting some before the World, but lets be realistic here...I dont think itll happen. If it is a real problem they wouldnt do anything like that till the first refit in a year or so....

Bet you are looking forward to some warm...my friend in Weybridge has just fled from the cold to Lanzarote.....(I know I know...maybe he wanted a good feed of fish and chips!)

Roscoe - Radcliff? We wore clip ons. Thanks for the instructions. Have to try it this week end. I take orders well.

Can't imagine traveling with a set of drawers. And I agree - the retrofit won't be done soon. Do you have IKEA? That would look great in the QV cabin, but it would take me 17 days to put it together.

Really thinking about the pyramids. I toured Copan pyramids in Copan, Hounduras and that was the unexpected highlight of the trip. A co worker is going tp Homduras Jan 2, and I just dug out the pictures for him. Not to be missed.

This is my most anticipated cruise ever. I'm going to wear out the book.

Waiting for post man.

Larry

Roscoe - Radcliff? We wore clip ons. Thanks for the instructions. Have to try it this week end. I take orders well.

Can't imagine traveling with a set of drawers. And I agree - the retrofit won't be done soon. Do you have IKEA? That would look great in the QV cabin, but it would take me 17 days to put it together.

Really thinking about the pyramids. I toured Copan pyramids in Copan, Hounduras and that was the unexpected highlight of the trip. A co worker is going tp Homduras Jan 2, and I just dug out the pictures for him. Not to be missed.

This is my most anticipated cruise ever. I'm going to wear out the book.

Waiting for post man.

Larry

Hi Larry

I see you found the Cunard Board - take it all with a pinch of salt!!! You really should drop in on the Cunard Rollcall Board and put your name down for the first CC get together - it's supposed to be on Jan 13 at 10.30pm onwards in the Chart Room, BUT there is a move afoot to change it (women!!) - perhaps if you keep an eye on it you can tell us if it is cancelled all together as we won't be here from Tuesday onward!!!

Ken

Larry

hahahahah...... I have this picture in my head of some keystone music and a camera panning away from a cutaway of the ship showing people in their cabins assembling their IKEA before the cruise.....

Clipons...?? Radclif has obviously gone down hill since my day, next youll be telling me ladies dont wear gloves or hats.

KEN...TUESDAY???? MY GOD MAN>>>> ARNT YOU IN A PANIC YET<<<???????? There would be a flurry of activity if it was me...kilts speedoes cufflinks and shirts flying in all directions....MY GOD MAN....YOU DONT HAVE TIME TO BE ON HERE>>>for gods sake DO SOMETHING!

Wish I was joining you...all the new year has for me is to remove something like 40 000 light bulbs from the front of the house.... I know where i would rather be......

maybe i should take up drinking again....

waiter...another drink...this ones lost its croc......

Hi Ken - I found the roll call board and sent an entry. Is a balloon the English term for condom?

Roscoe - I like the picture of the World Cruisers assembling thier IKEA drawers - very funny. In a suite - I supose the butler can do it.

Almost forgot to pack my white gloves and hats - Thank you.

Need to get off the boards and do something. Dry cleaners - last minute shopping - deciding on what to pack - wish I looked good in a speedo, they don't take much room.

Happy new year!

Larry

KEN...TUESDAY???? MY GOD MAN>>>> ARNT YOU IN A PANIC YET<<<???????? There would be a flurry of activity if it was me...kilts speedoes cufflinks and shirts flying in all directions....MY GOD MAN....YOU DONT HAVE TIME TO BE ON HERE>>>for gods sake DO SOMETHING!

Wish I was joining you...all the new year has for me is to remove something like 40 000 light bulbs from the front of the house.... I know where i would rather be......

maybe i should take up drinking again....

waiter...another drink...this ones lost its croc......

No panic - I have all clothes clean and pressed, I have a list of all outfits required for each day, all necessities are bought and cases come out of the loft tomorrow - easy peasy!!

ill think of you and your light bulbs as we raise a glass to you in the New Year ;)

Ken

.... Hi Ken - I found the roll call board and sent an entry. Is a balloon the English term for condom?

Larry

NO, NO .... Larry - a balloon is one of those things you blow up and hang as a decoration ... what on earth do they call them in the States??? :eek: and please don't say condom!!!!

Happy New Year !!! ;)

Ken

NO, NO .... Larry - a balloon is one of those things you blow up and hang as a decoration ... what on earth do they call them in the States??? :eek: and please don't say condom!!!!

Happy New Year !!! ;)

Ken

with a month on a ship thats all theyll be worth to me.....:D

Our luggage tags have arrived, along with other Curnard materials. I was shocked to find our it is a "clothing optional" cruise. Or at least according to the booklet there are zero fomal nights, zero semifomal nights and zero elegant casual nights. What does that leave?

I thought it would be more of a Meat and Greet if I could go around looking for the man wearing the red condom - no condom there, no condom there... Wishful thinking.:D Will just look for the balloon. Might there be a show Sunday at 10:30? There will be fireworks at 7PM - good thing we are on late seating. We should pick a place to view the Fireworks from. The Grill passengers will have an advantage - if they can all fit on the Grill Deck. Loved the way they will have waiters with cold towels to pass out on sun days.:cool: How about a hot tub?

I made an entry on the Roll Call and will be added to the list - unless they see this post.

Received my tickets - no transfer - talked to TA and I am in Cunard Computer for transfer. According to ticket - my flight arrives before 10 and I have the Cunard Transfer - so hope to board at noon. No upgrade - I'm in the cabin I booked - 5045 Forward.

Happy New Year - Roscoe, this must be New Year's Eve Day for you.

Larry

Guess I'll just need a carry on. Fixes the what to pack problem.

How about the emergency contact number - 'Queen Victoria TBA TBA'

We are getting close - the QV trip is overshadowing New Years for me. Countdown is to January 13th. I think I'll but a Waterford vase on a string and start lowering it every from the loft. NY Times Square has nothing over me.

Larry

Guess I'll just need a carry on. Fixes the what to pack problem.

How about the emergency contact number - 'Queen Victoria TBA TBA'

We are getting close - the QV trip is overshadowing New Years for me. Countdown is to January 13th. I think I'll but a Waterford vase on a string and start lowering it every from the loft. NY Times Square has nothing over me.

Larry

larry....this is not a cothing optional for you!! after all that work i did writting instructions for you to tie your bowtie...id expect that at least..

yes new years eve day....towns nice and quiet...i expect ill roll over and watch the fireworks off the Sky Tower by opening one eye then drift back off to sleep....thats about the limit of my celebrations Im afraid! Although the thought of lowerring something priceless like a waterford vase off the roof sounds appealing...now where did i put those old wedding presents!

Ken what a brilliant idea..not a just a pretty face afterall....I like the idea of a red balloon..(beats a pair of red speedoes anyhow) .I think ill pack one (or two) for my voyage, it sounds like a great little signal and beats a handshake...especially with the norovirus making the rounds...and any closer contact will incur the wrath of the BF left at home..... yet I still havnt told him Im going to Morocco and Syria after I get off the ship!

Happy new year to all.....dotn forget your balloons!

........ Might there be a show Sunday at 10:30? There will be fireworks at 7PM - good thing we are on late seating. We should pick a place to view the Fireworks from. The Grill passengers will have an advantage - if they can all fit on the Grill Deck. Loved the way they will have waiters with cold towels to pass out on sun days.:cool: How about a hot tub?

I made an entry on the Roll Call and will be added to the list - unless they see this post.

Larry

Hi Larry .... Doubt if there will be a show worth watching at 10.30/11.00 on first night out .... fireworks should be something else though - better than those currently going off over at the Cunard Board, geez can those guys bicker!!! Shame about the Grill Sun Deck - it was the best sun/observation deck on P&O's Arcadia (QV1).

Sorry no red condoms though!!!

Packing has commenced!!!

Ken

.....Ken what a brilliant idea..not a just a pretty face afterall....I like the idea of a red balloon..(beats a pair of red speedoes anyhow) .I think ill pack one (or two) for my voyage, it sounds like a great little signal and beats a handshake...especially with the norovirus making the rounds...and any closer contact will incur the wrath of the BF left at home..... yet I still havnt told him Im going to Morocco and Syria after I get off the ship!

Happy new year to all.....dotn forget your balloons!

Roscoe .... I told you flattery will get you everywhere!!! Not sure a red balloon beats a pair of red speedos though - would depend who was in them !!! :D

You haven't mentioned Brighton to the bf yet either then ;)

Ken

better than those currently going off over at the Cunard Board, geez can those guys bicker!!!Packing has commenced!!!

Ken

and i thought queens could bitch!......mind you there has to be something to amuse us superiors!

Binoculars.......i must remmember to pack em....I wished I had them when we went through the canal....there were monkeys jumping across the tree tops...

no mention of Brighton....i think my immenent trip has been buried in the far reached corners of his cute little head.....

what day do you leave Ken....???

and i thought queens could bitch!......mind you there has to be something to amuse us superiors!

Binoculars.......i must remmember to pack em....I wished I had them when we went through the canal....there were monkeys jumping across the tree tops...

Thanks for the suggestion...making note to self to pack my binoculars too. ;)

well, alls gone quiet here so i guess you guys have left to start your journey to the Q., hope you have a good time, best wishes and maybe next year ill join you., Ill be watching you on the web cam so......BEHAVE!!!...keep Ken away from the boys in speedoes and Larry away from the bar and youll do fine.....

Please dont break the ship till I get on it.....

Archived