Queen Victoria - World Cruise 2008

KenC

Roscoe - I don't leave until a week from Saturday. Watching the 7 day forecast for NYC and hoping for good weather on the 13th.

We will be careful not to break the ship before you get on. Maybe will have some drawers added by the time you board.

Love reading the Cunard board. And that's how they have fun? New meaning to bitchy queens.

Wish you were on the NY to LA trip - but any segment of this cruise will be great. Will post a hello once on board. I'm looking forward to a relaxing 17 days. I like the two days between most ports and anxious to try the new spa. Hope they have males working - the spa that is.

Have fun - your trip is coming soon.

Larry

Roscoe - I don't leave until a week from Saturday. Watching the 7 day forecast for NYC and hoping for good weather on the 13th.

We will be careful not to break the ship before you get on. Maybe will have some drawers added by the time you board.

Love reading the Cunard board. And that's how they have fun? New meaning to bitchy queens.

Wish you were on the NY to LA trip - but any segment of this cruise will be great. Will post a hello once on board. I'm looking forward to a relaxing 17 days. I like the two days between most ports and anxious to try the new spa. Hope they have males working - the spa that is.

Have fun - your trip is coming soon.

Larry

Oh Larry...thankgoodness...I thought Id been abandoned and youd all left without saying goodbye....looks like that Ken has scuttled off though... send him my regards when you see him on board, and remind him that he owes you a drink on my behalf..........(!)

wonder how much the spa is going to set us back....i managed to not join on a transatlantic but I think Ill have to have access over a month....especially if its pretty down there...if you know what i mean. Ill be looking for a full report. Hope youve been following the rough weather reports...she seems to have fared pretty well.

There is a big gay cruise leaving from here in a couple of days, the towns full....i couldnt possibly leave to join you when there is so much fresh meat....eeeeeeerrrrr...I mean......strangers needing my kindness in town....

I bet you have a nice welcome backet for them...

I'll tell Ken about the drink, but my drink of choice is coke with a lime - so he will get off easy. A week from tomorrow I fly from ONT to JFK. Hope the weather is good. Planning the send off event in NYC in January always runs a risk of weather. Plan two would be meeting the ship in FLL.

Saw where the Around the World Cruise really starts in Southampton Sunday. Maybe there will not be a lot of people boarding in NYC. I remember a RSVP 10 day cruise that left late because of the number of bags everyone had. Can you imagine what needs to be taken on a 105 day cruise?

I have a party in Palm Springs tomorrow night - so not a lot of time to get ready for the cruise. Will probably pack next Saturday.

I use the spa a lot - so will email you on who to ask for. Big part on on baord expenses are in the spa. Will review the therapie pool for you.

Have fun - and give the boys a good send off on their cruise - who is doing the cruise? Is it all gay?

Larry

I bet you have a nice welcome backet for them...

I'll tell Ken about the drink, but my drink of choice is coke with a lime - so he will get off easy. A week from tomorrow I fly from ONT to JFK. Hope the weather is good. Planning the send off event in NYC in January always runs a risk of weather. Plan two would be meeting the ship in FLL.

Saw where the Around the World Cruise really starts in Southampton Sunday. Maybe there will not be a lot of people boarding in NYC. I remember a RSVP 10 day cruise that left late because of the number of bags everyone had. Can you imagine what needs to be taken on a 105 day cruise?

I have a party in Palm Springs tomorrow night - so not a lot of time to get ready for the cruise. Will probably pack next Saturday.

I use the spa a lot - so will email you on who to ask for. Big part on on baord expenses are in the spa. Will review the therapie pool for you.

Have fun - and give the boys a good send off on their cruise - who is doing the cruise? Is it all gay?

Larry

hey larry...im guessing its the international film festival you are going to and not some down and dirty dance/whatever parties at one of those resorts I used to stay at in the old days.........!

I hope to use the spa....there is a shot of a guy getting a massage infront of a large window with the waves going passed...looks very relaxing and a must....not sure what other services they are likely to offer in there and what would be worth trying...not really into having pedicures and manicures, though the lack of a bar bill for me may allow a few luxuries! SO you are my guinea pig.

The Gay Cruise leaving here is on the Mercury and as far as I know it was a sell out...I believe they have taken over the whole ship. If i was interested, and younger, id be out on the town tonight exploring but all joking aside, im not a bar type person.....i leave that to the young and single!

The states looks like it is having a bit of a batterring with the weather at the moment., we are enjoying a lovely summer....even Australia is having a rough time...its nice that the roles have been reversed! Hope you dont get stranded anywhere.,,,,.......good luck for plan b!

Good Morning

7 day forecast in NY doesn't look bad. Will keep checking.

Roscoe - PS film festival is going on - last night was the banquet - but I was at another party. Friends bought the house next door to them and have spent two years combining them. Great job - big house - dinner was sit down for 60. Place cards, valet car parking, and entertainment was an Elvis impersonator - that actually sang, and he sang for the dance afterwards. Always an event at their house. Two years ago their after Christmas party had a Marlyn Monroe drag queen passing out the presents. She pantomined 'Santa Baby'. I think the party was more fun the the Festival banquet, and we had our own group of celebrities. I have to take a week off and do the festival some year, but I'm not sure about 8 - 12 hours of movies a day. Sounds like work.

Today is the last day to set aside clothes for the cruise. Found a pair of grey pants that have to be let out - and that's before the 17 days of eating. Forgot I had them, but will give the blue blazer another look.

I will definately try to spa -am give you the review. I don't drink, and spa is my biggest cruise expense. I turn every cruise into a spa vacation. QM2 Canyon Ranch gave me the best hot stones I've ever had. Celebrity has a wrap of choice followed by hot stones that is nice. I'll do a facial and back facial in the beginning. Starting to look in the mirrior and seeing what a little lift could do, but I'm not into surgery solutions. The standard Palm Springs rich bitch hair do is hair in front of the ears to cover the scars. They still haven't figured out how to fix the neck.

Have fun - the cruise I put a deposit on in March of 2004 is finaly here.

Don't forget - if you own 100 shares or more of CCL stock - they give you a stock holders cabin credit. Look at the annual report and they have the contact information - and the stock pays annual dividends.

Larry

hope you watched her go out , i missed the fireworx but did get to see her disappear passed the QE2 and then swopped backwards and forward between the two webcams untill it was too dark to see all but a distant light. Its very exciting to think shes on her way to pick us up.....some Ill take your advice re the spa....it would be nice to hit home again and sooner than others.

people to start asking if i have had work done.....apparently argintina is the place to go these days....maybe cunard should take that into consideration when they are working out itinerarys.....they wouLD sell out to the gay community immediately!!!

Laughed about the ps hairdo! My friends have a property in Berado..(?) and Jim and I usually escape for a few days to the springs for a joke.....its.........an interesting place.! Though your party sounds fun.....a sit down for 60 of your closest and dearest friends....think of the stress of organising that menu!...hahahah...no thanks!

As for letting out your pants...when will you learn....kilt sweetie.....kilt... the perfect solution! Ive just managed to plow through a hold lot of chocolate so the diet is about to start...otherwise even the kilt will be questionable!

A few of the threads have discussed holdalls to hang over the bathroom door because of the lack of drawers...im not so sure and will try and make do....what are your thoughts... Im thinking people may be making a big deal over not very much........????

Hi Roscoe

I'm not taking any extra storage for the cabin. I think we have the advantage of being single in the cabin. I can't imagine not finding enough room for one.

Kilts? Would a Hawaiian Mumu work? My fondest memory of a kilt - it was on a Scottsman I meet in London Earl's Court area, just before getting on the QE2 for a WB TA. Nice send off - long enough ago that I flew in on the Concorde. That was my first....

Not sure what I'm packing - but it will come together before Saturday when I fly out. My neighbor is an author and there is a book signing party at the condo - many condos will have open house, music, proformance artists, etc. - from 5 to 8 and I'm being picked up at 10 to go to the air port. A busy day - so won't have much time to think about the trip. It will be here if I'm ready or not. I just quit worrying about the 50 lb baggage limit. With the total cost of this trip - an overweight baggage charge woun't even be noticed. This trip is a special event for me - I'm going to enjoy it.

Have fun

Larry

Hi Roscoe

I'm not taking any extra storage for the cabin. I think we have the advantage of being single in the cabin. I can't imagine not finding enough room for one.

Kilts? Would a Hawaiian Mumu work? My fondest memory of a kilt - it was on a Scottsman I meet in London Earl's Court area, just before getting on the QE2 for a WB TA. Nice send off - long enough ago that I flew in on the Concorde. That was my first....

Not sure what I'm packing - but it will come together before Saturday when I fly out. My neighbor is an author and there is a book signing party at the condo - many condos will have open house, music, proformance artists, etc. - from 5 to 8 and I'm being picked up at 10 to go to the air port. A busy day - so won't have much time to think about the trip. It will be here if I'm ready or not. I just quit worrying about the 50 lb baggage limit. With the total cost of this trip - an overweight baggage charge woun't even be noticed. This trip is a special event for me - I'm going to enjoy it.

Have fun

Larry

well good luck with the packing...illbe watching your trip through the web cam.....jump in front of it occasionally! Im off today for a couple of days at the beach house and not sure if the wireless is up and running there so if im not online best wishes for your trip and give Ken a jobe occasionally too. I hope you enjoy her immensely and nay to the soothsayers who predict her doom and downfall!

best regards...roscoe

Seems like it's been a rough crossing causing a delay...I just received this email:

Message from Cunard:

Please be advised that check-in for the January 13 sailing of the Queen Victoria from New York is now scheduled to begin at 2:30PM.

In order to facilitate a smooth and comfortable embarkation, we kindly request that passengers arrive at the Manhattan cruise terminal, Pier 88, no earlier than 2:30PM.

Guests with Cunard transfers will be transferred from the airport to the Manhattan Cruise terminal, Pier 88.

Guests with independent transfer arrangements should be guided accordingly.

Thank you for your attention to this notification. We look forward to welcoming you onboard the Queen Victoria!

My bags are packed. Thought I was doing OK until the five pairs of shoes, underwear and socks went in. Next time I'll just buy a seat for the suitcase. Hope the overage charge isn't too bad, but what the heck - this is going to be a great trip.

I got the later boaring notice. I did the car through Cunard - they pick me up at JFK and then I'll see what they do with me. My flight arrives at 8:35 AM. Don't want to be walking the streets of NY with the jewelry and travel money in my carry on bag. What a score for someone. I remember when I could carry on the shaving kit and freshen up when I arrived. Now the kit is in the checked bag. Like I could hijack a plane with a double edged safety razor and 5 ounces of shaving cream and tooth paste.

To a great trip - it is finally here. I'm picked up and taken to the air port in 3 hours - so see everyone on board. I'll be the one with the red eyes and needing a shave. Boarding picture should be something.

Larry

My bags are packed. Thought I was doing OK until the five pairs of shoes, underwear and socks went in. Next time I'll just buy a seat for the suitcase. Hope the overage charge isn't too bad, but what the heck - this is going to be a great trip.

I got the later boaring notice. I did the car through Cunard - they pick me up at JFK and then I'll see what they do with me. My flight arrives at 8:35 AM. Don't want to be walking the streets of NY with the jewelry and travel money in my carry on bag. What a score for someone. I remember when I could carry on the shaving kit and freshen up when I arrived. Now the kit is in the checked bag. Like I could hijack a plane with a double edged safety razor and 5 ounces of shaving cream and tooth paste.

To a great trip - it is finally here. I'm picked up and taken to the air port in 3 hours - so see everyone on board. I'll be the one with the red eyes and needing a shave. Boarding picture should be something.

Larry

very best of luck larry...say hi those those on board...im sure a boy about town like you can find things to do in the big smoke;)

ill be glued to the web cam over the next few weeks...as i said earlier...try and jump in front of it occasionally...and have the chocolate buffet for me...

well be eagerly awaiting either the odd word from you or a report when you get off......the boat i mean.!

:D

I'll be boarding the QV in about six hours and look where I am!!! I can't drag myself away from viewing the 'NY sail in thread' by guernseyguy on the Cunard board...fab pics he's posted of the arrival and docking.

I haven't even finished packing yet :eek: best get going.

Looking forward to meeting everyone in the Chart Room later this evening.

I'll be boarding the QV in about six hours and look where I am!!! I can't drag myself away from viewing the 'NY sail in thread' by guernseyguy on the Cunard board...fab pics he's posted of the arrival and docking.

I haven't even finished packing yet :eek: best get going.

Looking forward to meeting everyone in the Chart Room later this evening.

well it was a long night here in NZ watching the sail in and a very unproductive afternoon watching you sail out. The fireworks looked great! The boards have been very quiet with few to no reviews of the crossing, guess everyone is still doing their laundry! so we look to you for some live reports! BTW...have you worked out the "family" bar yet...??? is it going to be the Comodore club like the Qm2 or is there somewhere more fabulous on board....???? roscoe

Hi Roscoe - the ship is superb ...... food, service and interiors! Have met up with Larry, Jack, Brent and all the guyz - there are FOD meetings most days in the Commodore which is larger and almost more lovely than that on QM2. We have just come through the Gatun Locks and are moored for the next couple of hours due to the amount of traffic - hope we are looking good!!! Any questions will try to answer if I get the time or inclination to log back in.

Hi Roscoe - the ship is superb ...... food, service and interiors! Have met up with Larry, Jack, Brent and all the guyz - there are FOD meetings most days in the Commodore which is larger and almost more lovely than that on QM2. We have just come through the Gatun Locks and are moored for the next couple of hours due to the amount of traffic - hope we are looking good!!! Any questions will try to answer if I get the time or inclination to log back in.

LOL....much as we suspected to!!!...Thats great, glad youre having a great time and it was a good sign that youre not speanding all your spare time on the net but racing from one cocktail party, one event, one trivial pursit game , the cha cha cha, and one main course, to another.

SHes obviously keeping you occupied so get off the net and go and enjoy, we all look forward to your review when you are safe in ole blighty!

You looked magnificiant going through the canal both from the flores webcam and from your own.....new york was great..oh how was the Mansion in FL....looked like you had a beautiful day for it.

Will think of you in Acapulco watching the cliff divers....dont for get to take lots of coins to tip them.......(?!!!!!)

Goose larry for me.....:eek:

LOL....much as we suspected to!!!...Thats great, glad youre having a great time and it was a good sign that youre not speanding all your spare time on the net but racing from one cocktail party, one event, one trivial pursit game , the cha cha cha, and one main course, to another.

SHes obviously keeping you occupied so get off the net and go and enjoy, we all look forward to your review when you are safe in ole blighty!

You looked magnificiant going through the canal both from the flores webcam and from your own.....new york was great..oh how was the Mansion in FL....looked like you had a beautiful day for it.

Will think of you in Acapulco watching the cliff divers....dont for get to take lots of coins to tip them.......(?!!!!!)

Goose larry for me.....:eek:

Hey, it's more fun keeping in touch than I thought!!! It gets a bit quiet here after midnight unfortunately - especially after long hot days!! Will do a full review when I get back - the divers don't take change!! - Viscaya was fabulous - Larry is too sweet to goose and too busy chatting up the crew LOL!!!!

Hey, it's more fun keeping in touch than I thought!!! It gets a bit quiet here after midnight unfortunately - especially after long hot days!! Will do a full review when I get back - the divers don't take change!! - Viscaya was fabulous - Larry is too sweet to goose and too busy chatting up the crew LOL!!!!

hahah...thought he sounded liked he would be a bit of a tramp! If they are as pretty as the crew on the other cunarders I dont blame him!

what...didnt you think the coins jingling about in their speedoes would be good for business...????? more fun putting them in there than notes...and definately more fun taking them out!

pity the ship is quiet after midnight....i remember many a long night in the yacht club doing the same trip in 2oo6....maybe the rest of the passengers need a bit of a jolly on......i leave that up to you....

Eagerly awaiting your next report.....youve got all those free minutes to use yet!

r

hahah...thought he sounded liked he would be a bit of a tramp! If they are as pretty as the crew on the other cunarders I dont blame him!

what...didnt you think the coins jingling about in their speedoes would be good for business...????? more fun putting them in there than notes...and definately more fun taking them out!

pity the ship is quiet after midnight....i remember many a long night in the yacht club doing the same trip in 2oo6....maybe the rest of the passengers need a bit of a jolly on......i leave that up to you....Eagerly awaiting your next report.....youve got all those free minutes to use yet!

r

I didn't say 'tramp'!!!!! He's just having fun TALKING to the crew!!! And the crew are the only hunks in trunks believe me!!! I guess everyone is exhausted by midnight - it can be very tiring doing nothing much in the sun you know. I'm sure you will find something to entertain you when you're onboard ..... This damn key board is a pain - can't do paragraphs on it???? Cheers for now

I didn't say 'tramp'!!!!! He's just having fun TALKING to the crew!!! And the crew are the only hunks in trunks believe me!!! I guess everyone is exhausted by midnight - it can be very tiring doing nothing much in the sun you know. I'm sure you will find something to entertain you when you're onboard ..... This damn key board is a pain - can't do paragraphs on it???? Cheers for now

story of my life., you say "its a little cramped in here" and I hear "theres a lot of tramps in here" I really must have my hearing checked again......

still watching your stately progress on cam....though i note neither you nor larry have managed to jump and wave in front of the camera yet....not like you to be shy is it?

looking forward to your next review...in fact cant wait!!

:D :D :D

LA - 1/30/08 - just off the ship - and trying to get back to real world.

I found the ship over the top when I boarded - great public rooms, then the next room was even better, and then next even better. If Carnival is Las Vegas Circus, Circus, and Celebrity is a Marriott, then QV is the Ritz Carlton. Very elegant and comfortable.

My first segment on an around the world cruise - much more laid back pace. No problem getting spa appontments (I had 9). Ate at Todd English 6 times. Toward the end of cruise - Todd's was getting busy - people were discovering how good it is. Already had an inside with Sylvester as repeat customers and continued to get special attention.

Photo gallery did not have pictures of the three queens in NY. Will have to surf to find some.

Boat trip with divers was nice. Not close enough to see the divers well, untill two boarded the ship. Considering posting my picture with them, but don't want it to show on all my postings.

Spa - Andrew, English, assistant manager, good massage and stone massage, Jilly, English, great ficials and foot massages - I fell asleep, Handre - great head to toet massage - big sales picth at end, the only pitch I got, but he's cute. I did not have time to buy the day pass and use the therapie pool - I didn't think it looked as nice as QM2 - or M class on Celebrity.

Really great meeting the CCers on this line. Went to one CC meeting. Too much negative energy. I loved the cruise - and did not have any problems, other than passenges feeding each others negative comments. Britania had the best food of any cruise dining room. The QV had everything together - much more than I can say for the QM2 three months after launch when I was on it. Also - should add I've never had a bad cruise - there are always positives that I choose to focus on and I've never had a negative so bad it would ruin the trip. Just little speed bumps.

17 days went too fast for me to do everything, so will just have to ride her agian (how butch does that sound?)

Larry :)

LA - 1/30/08 - just off the ship - and trying to get back to real world.

I found the ship over the top when I boarded - great public rooms, then the next room was even better, and then next even better. If Carnival is Las Vegas Circus, Circus, and Celebrity is a Marriott, then QV is the Ritz Carlton. Very elegant and comfortable.

My first segment on an around the world cruise - much more laid back pace. No problem getting spa appontments (I had 9). Ate at Todd English 6 times. Toward the end of cruise - Todd's was getting busy - people were discovering how good it is. Already had an inside with Sylvester as repeat customers and continued to get special attention.

Photo gallery did not have pictures of the three queens in NY. Will have to surf to find some.

Boat trip with divers was nice. Not close enough to see the divers well, untill two boarded the ship. Considering posting my picture with them, but don't want it to show on all my postings.

Spa - Andrew, English, assistant manager, good massage and stone massage, Jilly, English, great ficials and foot massages - I fell asleep, Handre - great head to toet massage - big sales picth at end, the only pitch I got, but he's cute. I did not have time to buy the day pass and use the therapie pool - I didn't think it looked as nice as QM2 - or M class on Celebrity.

Really great meeting the CCers on this line. Went to one CC meeting. Too much negative energy. I loved the cruise - and did not have any problems, other than passenges feeding each others negative comments. Britania had the best food of any cruise dining room. The QV had everything together - much more than I can say for the QM2 three months after launch when I was on it. Also - should add I've never had a bad cruise - there are always positives that I choose to focus on and I've never had a negative so bad it would ruin the trip. Just little speed bumps.

17 days went too fast for me to do everything, so will just have to ride her agian (how butch does that sound?)

Larry :)

thanks larry....followed your trip religiously every morning on the web cam and all through your transverse of the canal.....so whats this about negative comments by the other passengers???? Is she full of whingers????? Negative energy......shoul I bring my feng shui book an reecorate for them????

sorry you missed Burning Man this year....but Im sure you made up for it...

Hi Roscoe

Negative energy was around - some would feed each other, but there were plenty of people that enjoyed the ship as much as I did.

Breakfast with two English and two Austrailans - the English would never go on the QV agian, rough crossing (in January what did they expect) and the Austrailans where on the same crossing and did not mind it. Negative were countered with pisitives, but the English were not interested. At least they liked the QM2.

Cruise Critic meeting had an English couple that was pro QE2. I liked the way the man kept picking his nose while discussing the QE2. Class act.

I think many fond memories of the QE2 is not only the cruise, but how much fun they had on it when they were only in their 50's.

Crew was used to complaints - and I shared the positives with them and got great response. Found out the staff can visit the cabins - but they have to have their uniform on and name tag on when in the passageway.:D

Waiting to hear Ken's review.

Roscoe - you will have a great time. Ask the crew where they are going on shore. Acapulco was the gay beach. You can party with them.

Larry

Roscoe - you will have a great time. Ask the crew where they are going on shore. Acapulco was the gay beach. You can party with them.

Larry

WHAT~!!! ARE YOU MAD?????? my bf would hang draw and quarter me if i so much as spoke to a crew member with out orderring something!! (but you can tell me more about that later......just our little secret right...???)

I must share this with you off someone blogging about the QE2..

Day 22 (Silent) Sunday Jan 27

A quiet day at sea, in more ways than one, see below, after all the excitement of yesterday. Went to a Foxtrot class, was partnered by a very small Japanese American who was about 5ft tall but extremely polite and a very good dancer thank goodness. Beat the guys in the quiz (again), then spent more time putting the rest of Trisha’s photos on my laptop. I look forward to sorting it all out in NZ. We sat on deck to do it (out of the sun) and Hilary noticed that we were going extremely slowly. Then the captain announced that one engine had stopped, we were running on 3, but all engines would be stopped while they ‘put on’ another one, someone said there are nine, but they have to be put ‘on-line’. So we drifted completely silently for what turned out to be more than an hour, it was very pleasant, but I’m glad it wasn’t Cape Horn. When we got going again the Captain said we were not to let anyone on the QV know what had happened, I do think it rather serves him right for all his previous comments! We are now tanking along at a great rate, presumably to make up the time lost, and the ship is rolling quite a bit, fortunately we have now all got our ‘sea-legs’

SO YOU SEE.....the QE2 is known to have the "odd" problem too.....surprising that it hasnt been mentioned by anyone who loves the old girl yet....theyll probably find a way of blaming the QV for it....

glad you had a good break....maybe meet you on board one day...:D ;)

A big HI to Larry and all the guyz we met up with onboard - Jack, Brent, Tony, Frank, David, Darrell and Eric (not to mention those not on CC) - you all helped make this one of the best cruises ever!! I endorse everything Larry writes about the ship - she is fantastic. Afraid the review may be a time coming as I have to get back into hotel routine for a while - but I will produce one :D

Ken

Archived